It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Houdini

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Harry Houdini was the greatest magician and escape artist who ever lived

1883 At age nine, Ehrich and some neighborhood friends establish a five-cent circus. Wearing red woolen stockings, he bills himself as "Ehrich, The Prince of the Air."

1887 After a series of failures in the Midwest, Rabbi Weiss brings Ehrich with him to New York City, where they live in a boardinghouse on East Seventy-ninth Street. Ehrich works a variety of jobs to help support the family.

1891 Ehrich teams up with Jacob Hyman, a friend from his job at a neckwear cutting firm, in a magic act they call "The Brothers Houdini." Ehrich, known as Ehrie, starts calling himself "Harry Houdini."

www.pbs.org...

Full Timeline and Images here:

www.pbs.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Definitely one of the world's more interesting people... I've always been a fan. Even wanted to be a magician once...

What many aren't aware of, is that after his mother's death, he became fascinated with the occult, and was actually one of the greatest debunkers of psychics, mediums, seance's, etc. of all time (his knowledge of illusion and trickery helped no doubt, hehe...). Though he fervently believed in the phenomenon, he didn't believe in people...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Gazrok.

A member on another board i post on, actually has an original pair of houdinis handcuffs.

I bet they would be worth a lot of money to a collector.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Probably...though he had many... Houdini is said to have had at least one example of almost every lock type known, hehe....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
He learned some of his best magic tricks/illusions while in Lily Dale NY which is about 65 miles south of the Forks hotel in Buffalo.

This info was presented in the book Lily Dale the town that talks to the dead by Christine Wicker.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
energy_wave

Thanks.

I presume the book deals with mediums and sceance's. ?

top topics

join