It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A guitar solo so good that it makes you.......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i don't know if this has been mentioned cause i haven't looked through the whole thread (i know, shame on me) but the guitar solo in the rage against the machine song "bulls on parade" is nuts! and by nuts i mean incredibly good..

for the longest time i thought it was turn tables until someone told me that its the guitar player scratching on his guitar.. impressive stuff

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sorry, haven't been through this whole thread but the first guitar that came to my mind wasn't a solo but the guitar work in Kansas' Carry on Wayward Son really comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The intro to a song called "Time and Disregard" by a little band called Bad Religion, its only a 15 second long riff, but no matter what, it just puts me into a calmed state of mind.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels2006

please man.....frank zappa hung his balls out there every time..he was the master...

each is own i guess. that solo was sick though.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
No one has mentioned Tom Scholz????

For a taste of his guitar work on one of the best songs off the debut album of one of my favortie bands

Boston - Hitch a Ride

Just listen to the solo near the end. How could you not appreciate this masterpiece?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I missed that one!

Awesome song as well off the 2nd album Don't Look Back

You know the music is good when you can play something from 1976 & 78 and it still sounds fresh!!!

edit:dates

[edit on 2007/10/11 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
for the longest time i thought it was turn tables until someone told me that its the guitar player scratching on his guitar.. impressive stuff

yeah,they're justifiably proud of the fact that they use nothing but guitar,bass,drums and vocals to produce all the sounds they get.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join