It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And again: DON'T DRINK MILK!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i stopped drinking milk in jr. high. (maaaaany years ago)
it just didn't feel right. the day i quit, i almost blew chunks across the lunchroom table.
it was a total feat for me to hold back from yakking. and that came right after drinking my milk. (of course i tried it again the next week, and felt like dog crap again as well.
so i gave up.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was always taller than than everyone growing up and when i had an accident at work which should have crushed my foot completely i just suffered a few broken bones and am fine now!im putting that down to the fact that i used to drink nearly 5 pints a day(i replaced soft drinks with milk after a really expensive dentist bill) and besides crunchy nut cornflakes wouldnt be the same with out it!

Milk i salute you!

[edit on 21/1/2007 by Jodiat]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
About E-coli in the meat and now dairy products and other processed food like High Frutose corn syrup are causing health problems, the more I just want to be a vegan, especially when I discover HFCS in bread!!
what is going on with our food?

Here's good link : LINK

`````````````````````
replaced looooong link

[edit on 22/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've inspected milk plants as a state inspector. Gotta take up for the industry on this one. Milk is highly regulated and its very good for you. Take a visit to Denmark and you will agree with me. Everyone should drink milk everyday.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I dont guess all those hormones in the milk did me any good growing up, Im just 4'10"
Cant fight genetics I guess.

Im still not sure how I stand on the milk issue. Im not a big fan of commercial farming anyway and the fact that cows are given extra hormones to lengthen the lactation period just doesnt sit well with me. But at the same time a link between milk and disease hasnt really been established.

However, (for all you conspiracy theorists) milk is big business, epecially int he US and so Im not sure legitimate studies arent being supressed on this issue.

By the way have you guys seen this recent push in commercials to drink milk so many times a day to loose weight. And then its like "paid for by americas dairy farmers" LOL Talk about your scewed data

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My Dad is 76 and he's been drinking a gallon of whole milk every week his whole life. He claims it keeps him healthy (he has zero health problems). He even told me that when he was young he worked on a farm and they drank the milk right out of the cows utters......which I though was really gross. He claims it was warm and delicious. Yuck!

But I love an ice cold glass of milk with cookies or brownies. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
Cold milk in Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks! Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Cold milk with toasted Cinnamon Pop-Tarts! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Cold chocolate milk with glazed donuts! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Hot chocolate cocoa with marshmallows! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Is anyone hungry yet?

We're all gonna die somehow!
You could get run over by a truck tomorrow.......... so drink lots of delicious milk today!!!

mmmmmm, yum!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
cheese breaks down and is used much more thoroughly than milk,so I had learned in college(dietetics/nutritional therepy..

some say urine is healthy and can make you live longer/healthier..and wine is good for our health though it may shorten our lifes a little..

I'd rather drink wine and eat cheese with live cultures..

and drink organic milk!
got milk

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Bailey's Irish Cream!

The only milk product you should drink.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Milk isn't good for you, unless you're 2 years old or younger.

Soy Milk is the way to go. You can drink up to 4 or 5 big glasses a day, with out any problem.

Now I always use it, with my cereal or protein-shake, whatever, and it taste good too. (IMO)

Soy juice (milk) contains chemicals that act like estrogen.. so you are doing well getting rid of dairy, but watch out for the soy!

Oh, and it's really soy juice because milk is what we call that liquid which comes from female mammals, and a soybean plant is not a mammal.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by please_takemyrights

Soy juice (milk) contains chemicals that act like estrogen.. so you are doing well getting rid of dairy, but watch out for the soy!

Oh, and it's really soy juice because milk is what we call that liquid which comes from female mammals, and a soybean plant is not a mammal.

True. Soy is unhealthy for men when consumed as a large percentage of the diet. Less so for women, but it is still wise to monitor how much soy women consume. Several studies have shown that organically grown soy is higher in estrogen than conventional grown. This creates a paradoxical situation where organically grown food is less healthy than conventional grown.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would like to add my .2 right now.

So, one reason why I have found milk to be detrimental to a human's well being is due to the fact that Milk, is 4% casein.

Quoted From Wiki

In addition to being consumed in milk, casein is used in the manufacture of adhesives, binders, protective coatings, plastics (such as for knife handles and knitting needles), fabrics, food additives and many other products. It is commonly used by bodybuilders as a slow-digesting source of amino acids. Casein is frequently found in otherwise nondairy cheese substitutes to improve consistency, especially when melted.

So this disgusting stuff is in milk, which is shown to promote tumors in a comprehensive 1989 nutrition study.

From Wiki
Casein Free Diet

According to a recent internet survey, 26.8% of parents use a casein-free diet as a therapy for their autistic child (Green 2006). One study found that autistic children placed on a casein-free diet for eight weeks showed significant behavior improvements (Lucarelli 1995). In many cases, casein free diets are combined with gluten-free diets and are referred to as a gluten-free, casein-free diet.

It may just improve your mind to stop drinking milk.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Human beings seem to be the only species that continue to consume milk after they're weaned. It's not necessary. Broccoli has as much calcium as milk. (doesn't pour as well in your coffee, though).
I'm 5'10 and premenopausal, don't take calcium supplements and my bone scan showed I'm fine. I'm obviously not short (for a female) and having had asthma my whole life, i've found that milk increases phlegm production which clogs up my ability to breathe. Doesn't seem to have the same effect if it's processed milk (maybe because i eat less of it-dollop of sour cream on potato, etc.). Also, the effect milk has on a person depends on genetics and blood type. If you're lactose intolerant, milk it your enemy. If your blood type is "A" (or AB), milk is not as healthy for you.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
SO
Scientifically documented in the

International Food Microbial 20-211-226
FOODS TO AVOID9) Dairy products including milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, ice-cream, butter, etc. are fully colonized with fungi and contain the fungus Aspergillus ochraceus which produces the mycotoxin Ochratoxin A. These foods are also high in sugar which promotes the production of pleomorphic bacteria, yeast, and fungus.
* The least of these in fungus is 1% or 2% milk. Heating cheese to be used in macaroni kills most of the fungus. Cold cheese is loaded with the fungus, especially if it has been sitting for sometime. Cottage Cheese is loaded with the fungus. The immune system of the body can handle small amounts of 1% or 2% milk and heated cheese daily. Yogurt as long as it is made from "live" cultures is fine to eat. As a matter of fact, it is "good" bacteria that actually kills the "bad" bacteria such as yeast in the body. However, eating too much can also have negative effects. Up to 6 ounces a day is fine.
LINK

````````````````````````````
Added 'ex' tags and link for external material

You have a U2U

[edit on 22/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
THAT IS JUST PART OF THE LIST....MILK IS #9

so if we really want to be critical there is not much out there that is safe for us....olives are one food that is ok.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
unfortunatley I do not have an external link to that long list that was edited..I copied a long time ago..though if you do a google search you will of course come up with all kinds of info...

we eat foods all the time that are not easily digestable or contain fungus,bacteria,microorganisms,chemicals..hormones etc etc etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
wow no wonder theres so much diease humans are meant to eat bread water and chicken only lol

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The new and revised list of the 4 food groups: 1) chocolate
2) chinese take-out
3) leftovers
4) beer
You'll notice that milk is not on the approved list or an ingredient in any of the 4 basic food groups.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
ive been drinkin atleast 2 tall glasses of milk everyday since i was like 12, im 19 now. i've never broken anybones, rarely get sick, and i just feel healthy overall

i dont think milk is doin any damage to me

3 cheers for milk

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You're 19! Of course you feel fine. Wait til middle age spread kicks in. You'll be laying off the milk.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
my grandfather drank whole milk his whole life and my father still drinks his milk daily too

<< 1  2    4 >>

join