It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And again: DON'T DRINK MILK!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
sure it might be gross from where it comes from, but how is a chicken egg any better?

You should drink more water anyways, most people do not drink enough. Instead they just drink sodas/coffee/tea

I love water, ice cold water.

Milk is alright, I like it on cereal, but I never drink milk by itself... and I don't think I've eaten cereal in a year now that I think about it. I guess it's as the saying goes, I'll live until I die, never liked it that much, had a bad milk exprince, and took a swig of some really old milk... it came up very fast.

I am more worried about toxins and other pollution killing me off first.

water4tehwin
unless its polluted, then oh well death comes to us all.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Milk and dairy products are disgusting. They smell bad, for one, and i cant stand the taste.

Calcuim deficiency is overrated. oranges are loaded with Calcium. So are alot of other fruits and veggies. I have never broken a single bone, nor lost a single tooth in my life. I do not need milk. I can drink it without problems, Im not lactose intolerant. But I just hate the taste, color, texture, ect. I only use it in cooking when absolutely necessary. Same with other dairy products. I never eat cheeseburgers, the ways I eat cheese are on pizza, or mac and cheese. ice cream i dont care much for, i cant stand butter, cream, yogurt, ect.

There has been alot of studies about milk. The growth hormones in it could be the cause for early onset of puberty, or even the rapid growth and thyroid disorders.

The American Indians were disgusted when they saw Europeans drinking milk: they thought of them as drinking animal excrement. Native Americans did not drink milk, and they had no health problems or calcium deficiencies. Even drinking milk will not save you from bone thining.

I still dont understand how people can drink the # though. God, milk is disgusting, dairy products period.

When you think of how cheese is formed, youre drinking the rancid, soldiified droppings from a cows tit. Yuk. Ill pass.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Milk and dairy products are disgusting. They smell bad, for one, and i cant stand the taste.

Calcuim deficiency is overrated. oranges are loaded with Calcium. So are alot of other fruits and veggies. I have never broken a single bone, nor lost a single tooth in my life. I do not need milk. I can drink it without problems, Im not lactose intolerant. But I just hate the taste, color, texture, ect. I only use it in cooking when absolutely necessary. Same with other dairy products. I never eat cheeseburgers, the ways I eat cheese are on pizza, or mac and cheese. ice cream i dont care much for, i cant stand butter, cream, yogurt, ect.

There has been alot of studies about milk. The growth hormones in it could be the cause for early onset of puberty, or even the rapid growth and thyroid disorders.

The American Indians were disgusted when they saw Europeans drinking milk: they thought of them as drinking animal excrement. Native Americans did not drink milk, and they had no health problems or calcium deficiencies. Even drinking milk will not save you from bone thining.

I still dont understand how people can drink the # though. God, milk is disgusting, dairy products period.

When you think of how cheese is formed, youre drinking the rancid, soldiified droppings from a cows tit. Yuk. Ill pass.

AWW.... my addiction to cheese is slowly fading. nooooo...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I go for soy milk now, yet sometimes get an urge for cheese. Fat holds so many fat soluable things tho...
People who want lean meat, who cut all the fat off their beef still chow down on butter & cheese. Weird huh?
Large amounts of delicious animal fats do so make me noivus.
Soitenly!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
Ever seen those commercials that say that 3 cups of milk is required to build strong bones and to grow. i've never drank milk until two years ago, and i was always the tallest biggest person in the class until a couple of years ago. anyway, milk is also evil because milk and cerial create a neverending spiral. first, you have milk left, so you add more cerial, then you don't have enough milk so you add more. then you have too much and you add some more cerial. ITS A NEVERENDING CYCLE!!! anyway, i'm still trying to wonder why theres salt in chocolate milk, and not normal milk.

hehe, Yea I drink too much milk. I am addicted to it because it goes with everything and is so good. (milk and cookies/chocolate/muffins/cake/ect) But I still do not believe it is bad for you.

mass conspiracy.... the quest continues

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i cannot drink milk anyway. my body does not produce enough hormone to digest it.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What are we doing??? Talking about our dietary habits??

Besides, the thickest is the best, I love 4% and I'm one of the healthiest kids at skool!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Milk is good but too much of anything is bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The oldest man in the world just died at the age of 114.

Here's some quotes from the article above:

"He drank milk every day, but did not consume alcohol. "

""He hates vegetables but loves to eat meat and drink milk,"

MILK FREAKIN' RULES!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hey well #, if milk helps you grow, then doesn't that equal out with the bads? All good things have a bad side to them. Milk promotes growth, so I'm gonna drink up! Gotta get them strong bones! I'm sure if milk wouldn't be sold or allowed to be used that much if it was a hazard if consumed a lot.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
news.bbc.co.uk...

The oldest man in the world just died at the age of 114.

Here's some quotes from the article above:

"He drank milk every day, but did not consume alcohol. "

""He hates vegetables but loves to eat meat and drink milk,"

MILK FREAKIN' RULES!!!!!

Correlation does not imply causation. Just because he drank milk everyday does not make it good for him. maybe if he hadn't he would have lived to be 120. George Burns smoked cigars everyday and look how old he lived, let's all go smoke cigars.

Cow's milk is made for baby cows, not adult humans. The protein and fat make up of cow's milk is far different than human milk. Calfs put on hundreds of pounds in a very short time, human babies, not so much.

There are much better sources of calcium than milk too, ones where the calcium is more bioavailable (meaning your body is able to extract it from the source and use it). Look at creatures in the wild, how many of them do you see drinking milk after they are grown? There are plenty of animals that live a long time without drinking milk.

Personally, I like milk, I like the way it tastes, I find if very refreshing, but I don't pretend that it is necessary for me, or that it is all that healthy, but what that we eat today is really healthy.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I understand that milk is not that substantial for human consumption. First of all have you ever noticed how if you let milk sit out eventually it will form a layer on the top. From what I understand is that milk does this same thing in your intestines lining the walls. This is where your body derives the nutrients and minerals from the walls of your intestines while food passes through your body. Also milk does contain calcium but; unfortunately the calcium in milk is very course and your body has a hard time breaking down the calcium to use. You body actually gets more calcium out of vegetables and raw seeds.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It depends what blood type / body profile you have.
If B - milk is your medicine

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny ignorance pls.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If I had seen this in Sep (Wasnt here then) I would have voted for ya.
Milk is evil, bad, cause of boils and hemoroids.
Of course this is incredibly easy to disprove by observation. Worst can
happen is it kills ya. Most dead people I know never died from milk.
Here is simple proof :: Name me one dead people in history that did
not die from lack of breathing. Or counter proposal, name one
dead person who is still breathing. Its something in the air thats bad for ya.
You breathe long enough and you eventually stop. Milk aint got nuthin to
do with it. Might be the Klim in the air though........

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a while back i was a truck driver. i hauled a few loads of milk, and i haven't drank it since, must of been the slimy yellowish crap left on the bottom of the tank after i unloaded it that did it.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Screw all you milk haters.

Milk is such a gift from mother nature man. I mean we wouldn't have ceriel which is possibly the best invention of the 20th century.

WARNING! HORMONE-LADEN MILK INTERFERES WITH NEURONS ESSENTIAL FOR PROPER SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION USAGE!

Personally, I'm not too keen on drinking something that dripped off the bottom of a cow. Besides, green leafy veggies are a much better source of vitamin D.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is horrible, I jsut recently changed to a flouride less toothpaste. Now I have to make sure I drink water bottles that use reverse osomosis, I need to stick with chicken and not red meat, eat more carbs and vegtables to clean my colon and I gota stop drinking and smoking, i cant have fast food, and a bunch of other things. Gosh so what milk brand is good to drink and WONT kill you>??????

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I know plenty of individuals who consume large quantities of milk almost daily and have remained quite healthy throughout their lives. That's neither here nor there, however, because it's anecdotal.

Personally, I can say that in concert with other measures, eliminating dairy from my diet has been one of several steps in recent years that have successfully and dramatically improved my health. I don't know if healthy individuals without my health issues can consume milk with no risks involved or not, but in my case discontinuing consumption of dairy has worked synergistically with other steps to make my life substantively easier and healthier.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When I was a baby I drank goats milk. It's easier to digest.

Soy products have hormones in them too.

Some people have milk allergies though.

I like to drink milk, but I'm really picky about the brands. I have always been able to tell the difference in the brands.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join