It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway accused of Perjury!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Looks like Galloway’s …ways are catching up with him. I guess if your going to steal you will be caught. Not only is he accused of the crime itself now (old news), he is now accused of lying…

“Senate panel accuses British lawmaker”

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- A Senate report has presented evidence it says links illegal oil money from deposed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's regime to the political campaign of a British lawmaker and to the accounts of his Jordanian wife.

The report accuses British Member of Parliament George Galloway of lying under oath about the payments.

The 65-page report by the U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations accuses Galloway of perjury and obstruction of congressional proceedings. The evidence will be handed over to the Department of Justice for possible criminal charges...

I wonder where this will lead? If Galloway is brave enough to come back to Washington to dispute these claims like before will he be arrested? If he truly stands behind his “innocence” why would he have an issue coming back to face the music? Only time will tell.

EDIT:
Found some more on this:
news.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 25-10-2005 by skippytjc]

MOD EDIT: Changing the title so more can see what it's about.

[edit on 10/25/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

JAK

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
If he truly stands behind his “innocence” why would he have an issue coming back to face the music?

He wouldn't, why would you suggest he would? Are you playing the US right game of giving one side of the story then dirtying the waters hopeing no-one else will want to get involved?

Why, if you think this so important a story, did you not go and find his comments on it? Here, let me help:

BBC.Co.Uk

Mr Galloway told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The specific allegation against me is that I lied under oath in front of a senate committee.

"In this case the remedy is clear - they must charge me with perjury and I am ready to fly to the US today, if necessary, to face such a charge because it is simply false."
I am ready to fly to the US today. Hardly sounds like he has 'issues' does it? So why did you suggest that? You obviously thought it an important turn of events, so why not look into the reply of the accused in such a story?

Surely you would wish to accurately report all sides fairly Skippy?

Why don't you alter the title to : Galloway challenges US senators?

Jak

[edit on 25/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
JAK

I didnt see the reply, I followed a link from another site. But you are right, my point or contention is that he is guilty, thats my opinion so thats the the light I made my post in. Not so different than any other poster on these forums.

Your opinion is that there is more to the story and we need to hear about that too. OK.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Mr Galloway told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The specific allegation against me is that I lied under oath in front of a senate committee.

"In this case the remedy is clear - they must charge me with perjury and I am ready to fly to the US today, if necessary, to face such a charge because it is simply false."I am ready to fly to the US today. Hardly sounds like he has 'issues' does it??

Think good old George is on Travelocity or Expedia right now? I doubt it... Just another political windbag that just might have gotten caught between the sheets with Saddam...

Come to think of it, George might be more appealing than Jacques ... Funny where an affinity for western culture shows up...

JAK

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We are obviously all entitled to our opinions Skippy.

Your opinion as to whether he's guilty or not should really colour your actual reporting of the facts though should it? Your intimation that he is concerned over a return the the US to face these charges:

If he truly stands behind his “innocence” why would he have an issue coming back to face the music?
When you have not even bothered to look into his reply is tantamount to lying.

Why make such baseless suggestions? There's a difference between the perfectly acceptable offering of your viewpoint on certain events and making stuff up!

As for the Windbag comment, what comment would you rather he respond with? 'Sod the US and their accusations'? Then everyone would be saying exactly what Skippy suggested.

So whatever reply he gives is not good enough. If willing to go to the US and answer these accusations he is a windbag. To stay silent would suggest he has 'issues' due to guilt
How then would you, if you were his PR agent, suggest he reply to such accusations apart from 'Oh no - I must be guilty then, it's a fair cop guv'nor'?

Jak

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
When you have not even bothered to look into his reply is tantamount to lying.

No, not at all.

When I first heard about George Galloway (when the whole oil for food story broke) I read a great deal about him and his wife and various postions they held, personal information, etc. I formed my opinion about him back then and decided I didnt trust him at all. In my opinion, he is a liar. So there is nothing he can say or respond with now that I give any value too, i.e. there is nothing he can say that I believe as I have 100% discredited him.

So, considering my opinion of the man, which is my right to have, how is it lying on my part not to care enough about what he has to say to read it and comment on it? All I care about it the charges against him and the probability of any action on them.

I admit I would not make a good juror in a trial for this man, but I am not in such a position, thankfully for George.

But me ignoring his retaliation to the charges making me a liar? HOGWASH! Ask any man in prison if he is guilty...You already know the answer, so why ask?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am ready to sit and watch this colorful British Gentleman if he comes this way again he gave us quite a show of dignity the last time he came, and let me tell you our own congress just sat there and ate their hart out.

With all the problems that the White House is having with the Bush administration I still wonder how congress have time to chase a British man instead of chasing each other for the mess in this country.

JAK

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

But me ignoring his retaliation to the charges making me a liar? HOGWASH! Ask any man in prison if he is guilty...You already know the answer, so why ask?

No Skippy, you have missed my point. Not wishing to comment on his reply showing his willingness to return to the US and face these charges is your prerogative, although not very good reporting.

It is the further suggestion that he 'has issues' with such a return that moves your post from a subtle rejection to include all facts to an outright fantasy. Especially when a rebuttle to such an accusation is so easy to find. Therein is the difference between offering an opinion and putting forward an untruth to promote a particular point of view.

You did not merely omit certain facts but attempted, through baseless implication, to slant a story to suit your own personal opinions. Surely you can see this is undesirable in the search for truth?

Jak

[edit on 25/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I understand, I suggest that "if" he returns while he is saying that he will return and if I read his statements I would know that. But, I didn’t read his statements so my statements aren’t accurate.

But you assume (that dangerous thing) that he would really return. I don’t think he would, so in a way its irrelevant (to me) that he said he would return to face this music.

I also mentioned "only time will tell". Well, if the man has any merit at all he will return to face the charges. And I won’t believe that until it happens, regardless of what he says.

I also understand that this man is much liked among many Europeans and my opinion isn’t popular. But I don’t care

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
skippy, your post was completely misleading. Not even Fox would be so outrageous. This is a non story in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
skippy, your post was completely misleading. Not even Fox would be so outrageous. This is a non story in my opinion.

How? Galloway is truly charged with perjury, whats misleading?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He hasn't been charged... or has he?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Looks like Galloway’s …ways are catching up with him.

Oh come on man, this junk is starting again? They already had the guy come to answer the senates questions, I dislike him, but he tore them apart, they didn't seem to be the least bit prepared. Now someone's going to start going in on him again? The time to slam him with hard cold facts about how he's a liar and a shill is simply over, he's already been to the senate. There's simply no point in making a political case over him having been there. Its over, he won.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
[Oh come on man, this junk is starting again? They already had the guy come to answer the senates questions, I dislike him, but he tore them apart, they didn't seem to be the least bit prepared. Now someone's going to start going in on him again? The time to slam him with hard cold facts about how he's a liar and a shill is simply over, he's already been to the senate. There's simply no point in making a political case over him having been there. Its over, he won.

They did mention new evidence. Whos to say they havent found something new? And as far as "tore them appart", thats words and showmanship, not legal fact. I can state anything in a court of law as a defendant, but that doesnt make me innocent...

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I hope Galloway charges them with perjury or falsification of evidence over the crudely done forgery of his name on the oil documents.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am ready to sit and watch this colorful British Gentleman if he comes this way again he gave us quite a show of dignity the last time he came ..

He's no gentleman. He's a loudmouthed egomaniac, a liar, and a
criminal. But you are right, he certainly did give quite a show last
time he was here. Buffoons usually do.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I dislike him, but he tore them apart ...

Is that what you saw? I guess we all see things differently.
What I saw was a guy who was totally in love with himself and his
version of 'truth' and madly in love with the attention he was getting.
I didn't see him tearing apart anyone .. unless you count
us Americans who split our sides laughing at the jacka$$.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is happening for the simple reason that Galloway put a big fat spanner in the career ascension works of Coleman when he made him look like a complete and utter fool in front of the entire world.

Smile...you're on buffoon camera.

Coleman, that slimy snake, was delegated this little task, and he stuffed it up royally - he thought he had a mouse in his tank, but it turned out to be a mongoose. Now he's having another bite, and I sincerely hope Galloway answers the call and catches him by the back of the neck this time. Maybe poor Coleman isn't liked enough among the crazies yet to get his very own "intel" branch to fabricate intelligence like Cheney & Co do, and he has to type up fake documents on a cheap typewriter.

This witch-hunt is a desperate attempt to bring down one of the biggest thorns in the War for Oil's side, but it's turned into nothing but a glaring embarrassment. That stuttering fool had best be careful what he wishes for in wanting Galloway back in Washington, because this time George might just come prepared with a few charges of his own. He's won every single libel case that he has initiated.

I missed this little story. Thanks skippy, for unwittingly showing us that your blind rhetoric does have its uses sometimes.

Galloway told CNN: "Charge me with perjury and I will be on the next plane to the U.S. I'll face them in court. You cannot get clearer than that. It's put up or shut up."

Harassment, libel, defamation of character, fabrication of evidence, forgery, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, misuse of government funds, gross incompetence in a governmental office, and bone-jarring stupidity... I wonder if US senators can be extradited to the UK...

[edit on 2005-10-25 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Senate Committee can't charge anyone for any crime. They've turned the documents over to the Justice Department for possible prosecution.

Hopefully Galloway will find his cell in Federal prison comfortable.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Whos to say they havent found something new?

Sure, they could have something substantive. Of course, thats what a lot of us figured when they told him to come before the senate in the first place, and they had nothing.

And as far as "tore them appart", thats words and showmanship, not legal fact.

It was a senate hearing. It is words and showmanship, ie politics, not goverance or some sort of legal investigation. They brought him before them hoping to make a show of it, had nothing to really pin him with, and it blew up in their faces.

I can state anything in a court of law as a defendant, but that doesnt make me innocent...

And the courts can kep trumping up charges against you, that hardly makes you guilty. Heck, I figured galloway was guilty, and when the US Senate said that they had some serious questions for him to answer and that they had new evidence and documents about a link between him and sadaam and all the rest, I was like, holy fnord, they're gonna flambay him, they wouldn't go thru this unless they knew they could can him.
But they had nothing.
They had nothing then, and they've got nothing now.

wcip
he thought he had a mouse in his tank, but it turned out to be a mongoose

Seriously I think that these guys didn't even know who galloway was when they had him come to the senate house.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join