It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time travel - more than likly a hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
do you belive Sam Lennov a lot of his posts were in french and german etc so i could'nt really get a all round opinion on it.

I personally dont belive this guy

Mod edit: Link name for clarity

[edit on 25-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
He doesnt speak of how he got to this year.
Some interesting predictions, but im not convinced.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Sounds like a John Titor wannabe. But I'll follow it anyway. It will be a good opportunity for people who wanted to ask JT questions who couldn't. Especially questions to disprove him.

He is also asking to have a strain of the smallpox virus to take back to his time, which doesn't sound like he has good intentions. He also has a link to the JT website right on his site.

I intend on making up some questions for him today on one of my spares.

I just can't bring myself to believe these things though:

- 2012: Introduction and commercialization of artificial coc aine based cigarette
- 2013: Less than 25% of couples still mary, most others engage in 5 year contracts
- 2021: Zero-gravity football

I can't believe that a society which hardly allows tobacco any more, and won't even legalize marijuana, would make a coc aine cigarette, whether artificial or not.

He also says that "YES" was introduced in Oct 2005, and then again in 2030. Although he says in 2005 it was a "virtual currency" and in 2030 became physical currency.

Nonetheless, I will think up some good questions about the future and time travel in general that I want answered, and I will submit them. Although there doesn't seem to be any sort of FAQ on the site. He just puts up whatever he wants to.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I noticed this among the replies to his claim that he warned tried to warn people about the Tsunami:

P Says:

October 9th, 2005
For approx 10 days before the Tsunami I received daily emails with the subject heading `The Tsunami’s Coming.

No writing in the body of the email, except to sometimes repeat the subject line.

As I regularly receive and delete all sorts of spams so I did with these emails, something that I now bitterly regret.

I have not been able to find any one else who will admit to receiving such emails.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Sounds like a John Titor wannabe. But I'll follow it anyway. It will be a good opportunity for people who wanted to ask JT questions who couldn't. Especially questions to disprove him.

He is also asking to have a strain of the smallpox virus to take back to his time, which doesn't sound like he has good intentions. He also has a link to the JT website right on his site.

good questions, he has sick parents aparently and they are in stasis because of a new variant of smallpox which is why he aparently needs a smallpox sample.

But it makes you wonder why if true there are not any samples in the future

Mod edit: quote size

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM
I noticed this among the replies to his claim that he warned tried to warn people about the Tsunami:

P Says:

October 9th, 2005
For approx 10 days before the Tsunami I received daily emails with the subject heading `The Tsunami’s Coming.

hrm...

try and look out for anymore of these claims

it would be good if we could make a checklist of all the predictions he makes and see if it takes place

Mod edit: quote size

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
not sure what to make of this. It doesnt really grab you in the way john titor did. seems too superficial.
anyway i have asked him some Qs.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Could this be the time traveler email you recieved?

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Wu
Could this be the time traveler email you recieved?

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

he not stuck he said that hes "going back" later this year aparently

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Anyone could make a website claiming this...

BTW whats the use of a "- 2021: Zero-gravity football" ????
One kick and its gone....
A good hint as to the validity of the site....

Not that he only seems to extropolate from existing issues "This will change", " this will get better" etc.

There are no NEW situations mentioned. If you came from 1970 what would you make of our society? cellphones computer games, internet etc

Where are the strikingly new advances that the future will hold?

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think, traveling through time is possible, and could be as simple as flying an airplane. It is another problem, that humans can't make it back and forth in any way. It has to be possible, aliens may have more to talk about it.

Some time we may travel through time... to see things more clearly.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm from belgium too, and I've looked around his blog. Well, I just want to say, I've found something weird. Somewhere in his responses, he says he will be born in 2010. Now if you look at his prediction page: www.archiveonline.be... he's mentioning stuff for the year 2007, 2009, 2010. How does he know all that, because he was just born in 2010?? Seems very unprobable to me. I personally don't know what happened in 1987, 1988 (when I was born), so why would he?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurent Van Winckel
How does he know all that, because he was just born in 2010?? Seems very unprobable to me. I personally don't know what happened in 1987, 1988 (when I was born), so why would he?

History textbooks?

You could read about what happened in 1987 by looking at any 20th century text book...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
History textbooks?

You could read about what happened in 1987 by looking at any 20th century text book...

Ok, I admit this could be possible in a way. So let me explain something else; he said he came to Belgium in the very beginning of 2004. (the time when he time-travelled).
If you look at the WHOIS of his site, here's what you get:

Naam archiveonline
Status REGISTERED
Registratie 03 maart 2003
Laatste wijziging 26 september 2005 15:50
Licentienemer
Naam Sam Lennov
Organisatie Time Travellers
...etc. (dns.be)

Registration date was on the 3rd of March 2003. Now how could that be?? I thought he only came to this world in 2004?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
For a sophisticated time traveller from the future, Mr Lennov certainly does not present himself as an educated individual. His grammar, for example, is often extremely poor. For example, he states that

The ever declining snow will result that there is too much demand for too few opportunities which will increase the price of natural skiing for that part of the population that has a far bigger than normal income.

"... will result that there is ..."? "... far bigger than normal ..."? To me, these statements sound somewhat disjointed. If I were pressed, I would posit that they were written by somebody who either had a poor grasp of correct grammar, or who did not speak English as their primary language. Now, this in and of itself is not a damning realisation, but Mr Lennov makes a point of stating that

Since I know my languages and want to interact with as many kinds of people as possible, I have made this blog available in English, French and Dutch. Feel free to pick any language you want to express yourselves in.

Clearly he claims a command of the English language, but his poor grammar and sentence structure seems to me to be more in line with somebody who lacks a comprehensive understanding of the principles of the language. Certainly he does not, in my opinion, come across as a highly intelligent traveller from the future.

I also note that he makes a point of stating that he will not answer specific questions relating to issues such as stock markets, sporting events, Nobel prize winners, etc. He gives his reasons for this as being

The rule that I have sworn to abide by is the following: I will answer all questions as long as they don’t relate to facts that might steal your energy, your thunder, your ambitions and dreams.

Forgive me, but how does knowing which horse will win a race "steal my energy"? How does knowing who will win a specific Nobel prize benefit me or rob me of ambition or my dreams? It seems to me as though Mr Lennov has shielded himself against answering questions which might conceivably require specific answers which may subsequently be proven false. Instead, he chooses to give vague responses such as this one from his page on interplanetary travel

However, after a series of disappointing biological experiments in 2021, the quantum effects will be re-examined with much renewed interest.

Oh, really? Which experiments specifically? Where were they being conducted? What was their goal? Why did they fail? What were the specific, individual steps which led to the discovery of interplanetary travel? Who discovered the process? Where did it take place? What was the first mission called? It is easy to state that "There will be interplanetary travel in the future" if you refuse to address specific details. I was born long after Man landed on the Moon, but I know the names Apollo 11, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. As Netchicken wisely points out, Mr Lennov's predictions seem to be largely a general extension of current events and developments. Look at the many sudden and dramatic changes we have seen in just the last 5 years. Why do his predictions not contain any such dramatic, specific accounts? They are all rather general and somewhat vague: Collapse of UN - many people today are predicting such a collapse. It would not be difficult to extrapolate a date for such an eventuality. First practical applications of nano-technology in medicine - such applications are currently being discussed (see this paper, for example) and it is only logical that such developments would occur. Similarly, he states that he made efforts to warn authorities that the Tsunami was imminent. Yet he posts no evidence of such warnings. All we are given is his statement that he knew it would happen and warned people beforehand. He never mentions specific individuals, simply stating that he contacted

the naval military bases who would then spread the word to their respective partners in that region.

How convenient that no specific base or individual is mentioned, so that we could contact them to verify his claims. Instead, he uses vague descriptors such as "the naval military bases" and "their respective partners".

I also took note that pointed questions regarding the veracity of his claims went unanswered, although less pressing questions were answered quickly. On this page, for example, Mr Lennov is quick to respond to useless statements about a video game, but the serious question casting doubt upon his claims (as a result of his associations with John Titor) goes unanswered. This seems somewhat suspicious to me.

At least Titor had a semblance of scientific rationality, however slim. This individual demonstrates poor grammar, broad, generalistic statements, offers no evidence whatsoever to corroborate their claims and seemingly ducks difficult to answer questions. In my opinion, these factors, when taken together, are sufficient to constitute this being labelled a hoax, and a fairly poor one at that.

[edit on 29/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i completely agree, there seems to be too many hoaxers out there, i dont see the point other than money, somthing about the site apealed to me in some way though although like i said i dont belive it.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Time travel will always continue to plauge us . As we humans invinted time and time is a law of man the flaws from time are our own. Time as in a mirrow breakin is a disorded state as when all things create disorded makin impressions in that time

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
C'mom .... discussing in those "future people" is such a waste of our time . Does anybody actually believe that ?? I'ts just amazing how can anybody come and go from the future on that time . If that was really possible ( time travel , which I believe it is ) I doubt it that the governament would let anybody travel to time like they were going to get milk across the street . I love the reasons too :

"The reason why I came from the year 2048 to today is mostly because of family reasons."

First thing I'll do when I buy my Time Machine is going back in time and get a few rare action figures ( something that in the future doesn't exist anymore ) and maybe later I'll kill somebody and alter the course of the world .

Off course , if all that turn out to be true I'll go back to punch myself in the face for wrtting this post !

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As far as time travel is concerned I dont think it is possible.Because if it was then wouldn't it be common to go back and forth between the ages.Like once it started wouldn't it be like a travel agency or something.Like come on.It would start as something secret but as soon as it developed into an industry there would be time travel over all times.Besides If they have mastered time travel couldn't they use that technology to travel through space as well connecting us with the very "heavens"as some call them?.Do these people talk about that?I don't know because I pay it no heed really.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Look at the image on his SITE and read the last post he made, November 28 2005, then click through the link to the YES Currency that he keeps barking on about, you will see the images are the same.

www.archiveonline.be... - Legal information and although I cannot read it, clearly it mentions several times the same company that owns the YES gift vouchers.

Oh and at the very top of the page there is the word "[Advertisement]", this is if I recall correct required under EU law for any press material formatted to look like news print. It may also apply to the web or they may just be being safe.

Debunked - advertising ploy imo

[edit on 25/1/06 by Strodyn]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join