It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Tim Burton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Tim Burton is one of my favorite directors. I loved "Edward Scissorhands," "Beetlejuice," "Ed Wood," "PeeWee's Big Adventure," and" Big Fish." I was not very impressed with "Batman," but that is because I just couldn't see Michael Keaton in that role. As much as I have liked all the other movies of his that I have seen, "Batman" just didn't fly for me. "Sleepy Hollow" had an awful lot going for it but there were a couple of performances that just ruined it. "Mars Attack" left me cold. The rest I haven't seen. But, the ones I did like, I like a lot and they are at the top of my list of favorites.

Newsweek has a good interview with Burton, who for some reason has managed to avoid appearing on any TV shows I ever watch, so this piece sheds some light on this movie genius.

Newsweek: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was for kids. And you still got stung—with people comparing Depp's performance to Michael Jackson.

Burton: Yeah. We were quite saddened because we were basing it on LaToya Jackson. (Pause.) It's something we never talked about. It's one of those things so obviously in the culture at the moment, it's easy to see what people are thinking. It's certainly not something that he and I ever talked about.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No doubt Burton is a cinematic genius.... I even like his movies you mentioned that you didn't, hehe.... You just have to take them as they are intended...

Totally agree on Keaton as Batman (or actually, more to the point, as Bruce Wayne....) He was a GREAT Batman...but totally wrong for Bruce Wayne...

new topics

join