It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Reasons to dump George Bush!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I did not finish reading them all, there are 1064 reasons to get rid of Bush (apparently just 1064).
So i�d like to share this with the ATS

Those are just some of them:

SECRECY: Growing delays in responding to FOIA requests. At the end of September 2002, the General Accounting Office, the investigative arm of Congress, announced that the number of freedom of information requests within the executive branch agencies have either held even or declined, but the backlog has increased. In its review of implementation of the Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments of 1996, GAO found that �agency backlogs of pending requests are substantial and growing government-wide,� and that some agencies are not properly making information available through their web sites or are making it difficult to find the information.
Providing energy industry exemptions. In September 2002, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), issued a draft rule that would restrict access to previously public information that is now deemed potentially useful to a person planning an attack on "production, generation, transportation, transmission or distribution of energy." This �Critical Energy Infrastructure Information� (CEII) would suddenly be made exempt from FOIA and overseen by a �critical energy infrastructure coordinator.� In essence, the proposal allows industry to categorize its information as CEII so that it will not be disclosed to the public. FERC argues it can exempt CEII from disclosure under FOIA as confidential business information since terrorism causes financial harm.
Congress, at the urging of the Bush administration, is considering �Critical Infrastructure Information� (CII) legislation as part of the bill to create a new department of homeland security. Voluntarily submitted CII would be exempt from FOIA, and such information could not be used in civil action suits or anti-trust actions.
A March 2002 Department of Defense proposal that has been withdrawn would have created the possibility for criminal sanctions to be brought against individuals publishing unclassified research.
Asserting executive privilege. In December, 2001, in response to a congressional subpoena, President Bush asserted executive privilege to withhold giving information to the House Government Reform Committee regarding documents related to former Attorney General Janet Reno�s decision not to appoint a Special Counsel to pursue possible campaign finance misdeeds.
At the beginning of November 2001, just before documents from the Reagan administration were to be released, Bush signed an Executive Order that effectively denies the public�s right of access to presidential documents by giving an incumbent or former president veto power over any public release of materials.
A March 2002 memo by White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card accompanied by a memo from the Department of Justice and the National Archives and Records Administration encourages agencies to think twice about disclosing information to the public.
In October 2001, Attorney General John Ashcroft released a guidance memo to agencies on implementing the Freedom of Information Act. The memo instructed agencies, in essence, to withhold information whenever possible. This is a fundamental reversal of past policy, which stressed disclosure where possible.
Beginning in September 2001, the Bush administration closed all immigration hearings and files of �special interest,� which means that family members and the media no longer know when or if a hearing is being held.
For the first time, the General Accounting Office � an arm of Congress � is suing the executive branch, because it cannot get the basic facts about who participated in what meetings.

This list of reasons was compiled by One Thousand Reasons, an organization dedicated to the peaceful overthrow of the Bush regime. Sources consist of dozens of news organizations and web sites. See One Thousand Reasons (www.thousandreasons.net...) for details.

The rest here

www.thousandreasons.org...

Enjoy the reading

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
'Enjoy reading',

I cant read all of those.. there is more than thousand of them..

I would take the rest of the week..

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's about time for more bush bashing

I even "upgraded" bush's "HITLER PIC" with my own special additions. And now he is my PIC on MSN MESSENGER

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
'Enjoy reading',

I cant read all of those.. there is more than thousand of them..

I would take the rest of the week..

Who said the truth is a short story???

And i still think that there are not all of them anyway, but there are good reasons as well

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
"A pageturner, bristling with the kind of sordid detail that would have sent any administration anywhere else in the world packing months ago... a goldmine for Bush impeachists, and essential reading for every brainwashed sycophant of the most corrupt criminal gang ever to have stolen power in Washington".

MaskedAvatar, 2003

top topics

join