It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
[Edited on 30-11-2003 by EPLURIBUSUNUM]

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No disrespect intended - but isn't this kind of stating the obvious?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Can agent 99 be far behind?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Were you going to make a statement on this, or raise a point, or give us a link to an article, or basically make use of the posting of a thread in a constructive fashion, or were you just going to waste our time? I'm sorry for sounding like this, but I have to come down on people for doing crap like this. This post has no real reason for existing. That is all. Peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you are suggesting its a tool for Big Brother I would say its not working to well... its an extreamly efficient tool for the coomon people and people with different ideas and meanings to exchange info and become more powerful than ever before possible. If you are just saying Big Brother is watching us using the internet I would say thats correct and just stating the obvious.

There is always a possibility, but I dont think the internet was created by "them" so that they had something to watch. I think the internet is a better tool for the common people than the powers. We can say what we want here, we can exchange ideas and better our knowlegde.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
it was probably some kind of global message to certain users
of this board

The ones in power will dominate the discussions by having the best ideas and arguments, aka think tanks

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm interested as to why this is only regulated to "big brother"?
Seems anyone or group or organization, etc. could do likewise....perhaps "big brother" is being watched himself?

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EPLURIBUSUNUM
The perfect tool for big brother. After all...we gave it to you after keeping it secret for 20 years! ....

Everything you typed can no be used against you in a case of criminal or terrorism law. Be forwarned!...

Big Brother is watching you! ....

-B.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Actually I think the internet is Big Brother's worst nightmare come true. Think about it, it connects every person, country, and continent. Its very structure and nature is open, allowing for improvisation by its users. With some effort someone who discovered a huge global conspiracy; say for instance the cures to cancer, aids, and ebola were being kept secret to profit from the business of treatment. Well someone could easily send out a internet wide message in one form or another to make their discovery known, thus making it nearly impossible to cover up. While some naysayers may suggest "they" can bring down segments of the internet, think about this. How fast did the Slapper virus spread using the bug in windows? Now imagine that same spead, no harm, and an all important message being attached? No agency in the world could stop it from reaching everyone. It could be combated, fought, but not stopped in time. While we may be watched by the government, we also watch the internet making it the perfect venue to break a story to the masses quickly.

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by alternateheaven]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Actually I think the internet is Big Brothers worst nightmare come true. Think about it, it connectes every person, country, and continent. Its very structure and nature is open, allowing for improvisation by its users. With some effort someone who discovered a huge global conspiracy; say for instance the cures to caner, aids, and ebola was being kept secret to profit from the business of treatment. Well someone could easily send out a internet wide message in one form or another to make their discovery known, thus making it nearly impossible to cover up. While some naysayers may suggest "they" can bring down segments of the internet, think about this. How fast did the Slapper virus spread using the bug in windows? Now imagine that same spead, no harm, and an all important message being attached? No agency in the world could stop it from reaching everyone. It could be combated, fought, but not stopped in time. While we may be watched by the government, we also watch the internet making it the perfect venue to break a story to the masses quickly.

Well put.............I agree with that

new topics

top topics

join