It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstines Big Idea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Take a look at this cool website I found on pbs!

www.pbs.org...

If this is true, then does that mean when humans can travel much much faster than light, we can travel into the future? Just go around the universe and back to earth! But how would you travel to the past

What is the fastest speed that humans had traveled in?? Would it be possible for us to travel a billion times faster than light? What is our limit??

Is light the fastest thing known to mankind? Or is there somethign else? That would be cool if we can make something a billion times faster than light and send it to our future!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Heres a little article I found about traveling to the past!

news.bbc.co.uk...

Researchers speculate that time travel can occur within a kind of feedback loop where backwards movement is possible, but only in a way that is "complementary" to the present.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wormholes - If you have watched sci-fi, then wormholes could be a possible doorway into different times and a way to traverse distances faster than light can in normal space.

If you imagine the speed the light to be a constant speed and time flows at this speed, you can easily imagine that when you are going closer to the same speed as time is flowing, you will experience less time. Since light is traveling at the same speed of time (I believe at least), then you could say that a photon of light is timeless. I mean the photon doesn't experience any time in a vacuum when it's traveling from point a to b. This last part of the explanation was my own idea and I don't know if everyone agrees with time flowing at the speed of light or not.

To clarify, it does take time for us to observe the light traveling from point a to b but the photon itself does not age or experience time as we would traveling at a slightly slower speed. I hope I didn't confuse anyone too much.

Different dimensions, warped space, wormholes, etc. are possible solutions I believe to beating light to a destination in normal space.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Is light the fastest thing known to mankind? Or is there somethign else? That would be cool if we can make something a billion times faster than light and send it to our future!

An interesting fact that my Physics professor pointed out was that while the speed of a light wave as a whole is c, the speed of the EM field as it pulses forward is greater than c.

This is essentially worthless information, but it emphasizes that there are certain natural events that move faster than the accepted speed of light.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Interesting site on Einstein I just spent the past hour or so browsing around.

new topics

top topics

join