It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOCOM 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anybody here has SOCOM 3 and gets online with it? I was also wondering if anybody could find out how the ranking system works online...I have tried and tried to find it but I cant. Ohh leave your name too for SOCOM...if you want.

-brodband

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I got it. I dont like it as much as II. Still dont know how the ranking works either.

Socom name: Techno Whore

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Have you guys gotten into any clan wars? I like having 32 players all in the game at once you can meet alot of new people. I Like being able to use the boat and that they added the ability to swim as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I got it and play online (Ghost-FOX) but I havent signed up with a credit card yet. Im some what mad they did that this time around.

I think its a great game it was some minor flaws. Like the AK-74 is clearly a RPK in that game. You think they would have some fact checkers to catch that. As for game play its also has some flaws, for example the machine guns on the Humvees are way under powered. Those are 50 cal machine guns that fire the same one drop bullet as the 50cal sniper rifle in the game. Yet I lace
people up with multiple shots before they die.

The good points 32 players at once and I havent had any lag problems, The maps are simple huge Im still finding new stuff everytime I play. T-72s, Toyotas with machine guns, and Dune buggies O MY.

Nothing like playing as a SEAL stealing the terrorist T-72 and runnning them down with it

[edit on 4-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Socom 3 is fast becoming one of my favorite games right now, who here is ranked? Right now i'm chief petty officer but i've only been playing for under a week.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love the game so far

handle = EmpireNoise

The Credit Card thing I havn't done yet either. I like the fact that you can chose if you want to be ranked or not.

as compared to previous versions, I don't like how half the time the name dosnt pop up above team mates untill you've shot them.

One thing I like is the crosstalk feature with the PSP version.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by noise

as compared to previous versions, I don't like how half the time the name dosnt pop up above team mates untill you've shot them.

Yeah that takes some getting use too, I have had a few friendly fire incidents because of that change.

Shoot first ask questions later- Just Kidding team killing is bad and I only did it by accident

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
my socom name is FarFromDanK and i feel that socom dominates any online game...its jus so beastly! i dont kno how the rankin system works but im a 4 star general and i feel that wins over losses, kills over deaths, head shots, hit percentage, and using different weapons at times helps your rank alot

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Another thing I really like about SOCOM 3 in comparison to the other games is how well equiped the Terrorist team is now. I actually enjoy playing on the terrorist team now.

List your favorite Terrorist Weapon and also your favorite Seal Weapon!

Seals : HK5
Terrorists: AG 94 - I personally think this is the best gun in the whole game.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
SEALS M-4 (with front grip and silencer)

Terrorist FN90 (silenced) dont laugh they made it alot better since Socom2 and I can deal out ownage with it.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
honestly i like the credit card verification, i hated playing socom 2 and there always being some little kids talking # about nothing. so that helps keep them out. anyway i like socom 3 alot, i played the hell out of socom 2 so for me, it was about time for a new one.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There are alot less brats on the microphone, i have a credit card so it works fine for me, no complaints here.

Best-ps2-game-ever

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just got socom 3 and its really awesome. I played the single player first because my internet was down for a while. The SP is great, but i went online after awhile and socom3 has some of the best online multiplayer that ive ever played on the ps2. When you can find a server with a lot of people (and a good ping) its just bliss having sniper wars and running people over with vehicles:w:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I TK way too much haha, but eh ive been getting better at spotting teamates before i blast them. Good game!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ive been playing this game alot the past 3 weeks & really enjoy it. I know at first I was quick to assume it sucked, but like most games, it just takes time to learn the maps & stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Yeah ive heard alot of complaining about the maps being too big but i like the big maps alot more than smaller socom 2 ones.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
although bigger isnt always better i also like the larger maps

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just beat the SP a little while ago. Now I'm working on beating it again with a higher rank so I can unlock all the extra characters. I LOVE the checkpoint feature. I hated SP on Socom 1 and 2 because if you screwed up you had to go back to the begining.

Does anyone have the Socom Bravo Team for PSP? I do, and the crosstalk feature is awesome. Now I actually want to go back and beat the game again because I've unlocked extra stuff on Bravo Team. Crosstalk works like this, lets say in Bravo you complete a crosstalk objective. When you link it up to the PS2 you get mortars in one level or something else kool.

top topics

join