It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does the Global Economy start?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hello, brodband here. I was sitting at my desk, obviously, thinking about the United States, and all of the other world countries turning into one big global economy. I have talked to a few other people older than me and they told me that the United States used to make everything for itsself. Now it is getting cheaper with its products everyday. Even at my age I have noticed that. Take a car made in the 60's and one made in '05. The one made in '05 is much cheaplyer made. We have the resources, so why don't we use them? I know money runs the world and all of the CEO's of these big companies could give a care about the small public peons like ourselves. But I used to see alot of pretty much everything made in the U.S, now we are exporting and importing like crazy. Whats going on ?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
its because we still havnt attained optimal efficency among the general public, the governments dont revert existing technologies because when they equalize the market compadibility of engineering standards they bassically control the market. they need to control the market in this way so they can globalize the technology properly, through free trade agreements.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The same reason the thinner the metal the higher the profit.

If you can higher 50 indians for the price of 10 americans they will.

This is way Iraq,Colombia etc hate Americans. I don't agree with the system but there is nothing you or I can really do. Plus most people that don't agree with it that get on the recieving end don't complain as loud.

Take oil or liquid satan as I like to call it 1 year ago it cost say 50% persent less than it does now except now the retail mark up in place of 50% is 102% more. Sorry I can't remember actual numbers but that is a good ratio.

This has been America from the start money is king of us.

Its sick the more you read about it. My favorite however is the DEA the admit almost openly they are a cash business. They state we go after the funds of narco traffikers cause it will hurt them most. Well if you look at the percentage of money coming in through the DEA versus the percentage of drugs siezed each year, the drug numbers do nothing but lower a couple points than go back up but the average never changes. Its sad cause if we did stop that drug money and drugs coming in I mean all of it we would hurt our economy.

Ok I rant to much but anyway what can you do?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
id suggest its more about corporate law now that nationality.
Alot of things are done through front companies and corporations.
thats why its not about 'America', its about the corporation that owns the assets.

Global economics are not too far away. They have to break into the Islamic world first though. once they have done that be ready for it.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Whats going on ?

As you said, its much cheaper because the factories that make the product, all their costs are cheaping than one in your own country. Thats how China and India become strong economies because its cheaper to get it from them i.e turn a product over and its likely to say "made in china"

[edit on 30-10-2005 by infinite]

new topics

top topics

join