It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This a Real Ufo Sound?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
s37.yousendit.com...

Turn your speaker high, give me you feedback..ready for flames or debunking>>

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would piss my pants if I heard that sound while jogging at night.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Not a clue, but it's not really scary. Sounds like a few things, actually.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't think so, It could have been made with virtually any synth on the market. Do you not have any more information?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Not a clue, but it's not really scary. Sounds like a few things, actually.

TO me, IMProfessionalO it sounds like some sort of device one might use for such things as stimulating the skin with an intense pulsation of some sort...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In all the videos I've watched and reports I've read the UFOs are silent.

Where does this sound come from?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Strange, it sounds exactly like what I thought it would before I heard it.

Any ideas on why it "farts out" about 3/4's way through?

Here is what UFO sound looks like lol.

"fart out" occurs where wave dies down for a bit.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

TO me, IMProfessionalO it sounds like some sort of device one might use for such things as stimulating the skin with an intense pulsation of some sort...

Im gonna go with Lysergic's point of view on this one, it does kinda sound like it has been fakely made. Try putting one of those "abs while you relax" things up to your speaker and record it. Make sure you turn it up all the way though. Sounds like a bunch of E.M.P, to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
To be honest, I don't think so, It could have been made with virtually any synth on the market. Do you not have any more information?

I got it from the Art bell site years ago..It is purportedly real according to the caller who played it for Art..

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gotcha. Well, to me, it's wayyy too vague, and far too easy to fake. As someone states above, it sounds exactly like they thought it would. I have never had any encounter with a UFO, but from movies, TV shows, etc, it's the sort of sound I would expect as well. Get hold of Albino, or Absynth, and see for yourself exactly how easy it is to create a sound like that.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
dulcimer'

Interesting question, I noticed how it does die out before the end.
Do not ask me why it is familiar, but I have heard it over my house for years.Sometimes wakes me up.
According to the caller who sent it to Art, this is the sound one makes right before an abduction, like an idling??

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Of course this is a question none of us can really answer, but why would someone record it for only 34 seconds? Does it go away right at 34 seconds?

I doubt it, and the waveform shows it. The sound kept going after 34 seconds.

And there are no other background noises? Nothing at all? I imagine this was recorded outdoors (if real) because I dont think a ufo would fit inside your office.

So how do you record something like this outdoors? Do you hold the condenser mic up to the UFO ? Hmm hmm hmm.

Maybe this is a short form of the actual recording, but it just seems odd to me.

Oh well its a first heh ! Im gonna look at it a bit in my editor.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
>>So how do you record something like this outdoors? Do you hold the condenser mic up to the UFO ? Hmm hmm hmm.

Maybe this is a short form of the actual recording, but it just seems odd to me.

Oh well its a first heh ! Im gonna look at it a bit in my editor.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hey Dulcimer..

How did you get that wave?? the green thingie??
And it is so loud, a person would not have to be outdoors..
Are you and Art Bell fan from the old times?
Did you hear the caller who was CLEARLY fearing for his life, who was a worker from Area 51, and he was on a pay phone, and suddenly while he was shakily telling his story, he screamed and the line went dead..?
I do not PAY for anything, But I would like to hear that call once more.
Looks like Bell has so much $$, he would let us hear for free..

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just by looking at it for awhile, I cant spot anything that is too strange. Its a pretty uniform sound. I couldn't pick out a blend of tones, like putting a few sound files together to make one.

The sample is in stereo, but both channels are the exact same. If you listen somewhere around 2 - 2.5 seconds you hear a low tone that is different than the rest. It quickly does three "notes". Other than that its the same pulsating thing throughout. I think.

Anyways, although it sounds weird, at times it sounds like a drag racing car engine idle sound slowed down and with bass eq.

Whatever it is, I just dont see how you record a UFO and not get any other sound.

IE man saying " holy crap its a freaking ufo 2 feet from my microphone "

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Hey Dulcimer..

How did you get that wave?? the green thingie??

Are you and Art Bell fan from the old times?
Did you hear the caller who was CLEARLY fearing for his life, who was a worker from Area 51, and he was on a pay phone, and suddenly while he was shakily telling his story, he screamed and the line went dead..?

I used a program called Cool Edit Pro 2.0.

No im not really a fan of art bell, but I do know what you are referring to.

This is what you are wanting.

www.metatech.org...

Its also used at the end of a Tool cd........ hehe

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I'm very new here, I've been reading for a few months, but only joined this week. I am happy to find this thread, as I know very little about anything discussed on this site, but I have studied sound engineering for some years, and it's great to be able to talk about something I have some knowledge of. I know you don't want people debunking what you would like to be real, but honestly. It sounds like an analogue synth being passed through a resonant filter and probably a delay. Not hard by any stretch of the imagination, and no more than ten minutes work.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Dulcimer;;thanks a LOT for that link..You have become an intriuging person to me, empathetically..

Implosion:

Why would any fool fake a ufosound?
The make no $$ from it.
They are delirious..
Has humanity gone mad?
EVEN Pink Floyd REFUSED to have any fake sounds on any Of their albums..
ALL sounds are real, and My son says they are the best of all mixes..
My son is a sound engineer, but a TOTAL skeptic, so I dare not play it for him..LOL

[edit on 24-10-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Dulcimer;;thansk a LOT for that link..You have become an intriuging person to me, empathetically..

Implosion:

Why would any fool fake a ufosound?
The make no $$ from it.
They are delirious..
Has humanity gone mad?
EVEN Pink Floyd REFUSED to have any fake sounds on any Of their albums..
ALL sounds are real, and My son says they are the best of all mixes..
My son is a sound engineer, but a TOTAL skeptic, so I dare not play it for him..LOL

Well, I know little about Pink Floyd, and care less. I don't see the significance in that reference. How many Sci-fi shows and films have been made? Do you think that they sourced the sounds used for space ships in these shows from real extra terrestrial craft? As to why people fake things, Who knows? Attention? The only thing you can say with any certainty is they do.

I am not a total skeptic, however, what you have presented here could be made on any cheap pc with the right software in a matter of minutes. That is all I am trying to point out.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join