It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody ready to bust out the champagne for the 2000 mark?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
If 2000 deaths is some kind of a giving up point for America we would have been out of WWII before we even entered it.

Here we go again

How can you even compare WWII to the war in Iraq? The only similarity is they were both wars. One legal and just, the other far from it.

Is more death and destruction gonna make this war "worth it"?
The best thing we can do for the troops is stop this madness now!!

If it wasn't for this mad regime and money making war machine myself and thousands of others would now be living healthy productive lives. But as it is we are unable now to contribute to society due to disabilities.
Is it worth it? Hell NO it isn't worth it.

Who is this war supposed to protect or liberate? It's not the troops that were forced into this stupid mess. I didn't volunter to line peoples pockets and free Iraqis from themselves, and I would guess nobody else did either.

Lets see YOU go and do YOUR "duty". Have you left yet? I didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by WestPoint23
If 2000 deaths is some kind of a giving up point for America we would have been out of WWII before we even entered it.

Here we go again

How can you even compare WWII to the war in Iraq? The only similarity is they were both wars. One legal and just, the other far from it.

Is more death and destruction gonna make this war "worth it"?
The best thing we can do for the troops is stop this madness now!!

If it wasn't for this mad regime and money making war machine myself and thousands of others would now be living healthy productive lives. But as it is we are unable now to contribute to society due to disabilities.
Is it worth it? Hell NO it isn't worth it.

Who is this war supposed to protect or liberate? It's not the troops that were forced into this stupid mess. I didn't volunter to line peoples pockets and free Iraqis from themselves, and I would guess nobody else did either.

Lets see YOU go and do YOUR "duty". Have you left yet? I didn't think so.

hey ANOK,
America- love it or leave it.
how dare you bad mouth a just and noble mission. 2,000 dead is a lot......but we can't leave now and give terrorism fuel buddy, soon as we do we will get hit again. and we have to protect the Iraqis from zarqawi and al qadea. i don't see you serving in Iraq do I.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I've heard this several times and I don't understand it. Why do people think she needs help? To do what? I'm really curious.

This isn't just my idea a psychologist on a talk radio show that I was listening to said that the way she acted when Hurricane Katrina was the main issue in the news is a sign of depression and grief. She has as much right to her opinion as I have to disagree with it. I didn't intend my comment as a shot at her I just think that if she needs help she should get it. If she went for help I wouldn't want to see the media taking shots at her for it. She did lose her son after all.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"WE WILL NOT FAIL, WE WILL NOT WAVER, AND WE WILL NOT TIRE."~ PRES. GEORGE W. BUSH
SEPTEMBER 20 2001 AT JOINT SESSION OF CONGRESS.
"OSAMA BIN LADEN RECRUIITS POOR MUSLIMS TO DIE FOR A RADICAL CAUSE....BUT IS NEVER WILLING TO TAKE THAT RIDE HIMSELF."~ PRES. GEORGE W BUSH

It has been over four years since the attacks on 9-11, and if you ask me, this "great" nation of ours is really starting to get tired of the "they will hit us again" attitude. We have failed to "capture" Bin Laden in the four years we have been after him. We have failed to make every Iraqi citizen as safe as they could be. Our "beloved" government has also failed to bring our troops home when they should have. Also, this government failed to send aid to our own people, the very people they are suppossed to protect, in the first two days after Katrina hit.

If it wasn't for CIA Black Ops back in the 1980s, we wouldn't have had to "deal" with Bin Laden now. Osama wasn't going to be a threat to us until we gave him all those weapons and even more money on top of what he recieved from his dad's construction business. If Osama was the sole perp behind 9-11, he admitted that he did not know that those towers would come down. This should be taken into consideration due to the line of work he was in. That was all just a ploy by the Bushies to get their ways which they so desired.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nb25 2,000 dead is a lot......but we can't leave now and give terrorism fuel buddy,

The number of terrorism incidents has been on the rise since the US invaded Iraq on the pretense that they had Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Terrorism is on the rise -- not on the wane:
www.washingtonpost.com...

(here's one from 2004):
www.freenewmexican.com...

There's hundreds of these reports -- I just picked the most convenient.

The Bush government, in response to these reports, has decided to eliminate the report (here's the summary with the link to the documents):
www.truthout.org...

Our very presence there has fueled terrorism. Not caused it to go away.

soon as we do we will get hit again. and we have to protect the Iraqis from zarqawi and al qadea. i don't see you serving in Iraq do I.

I think you missed the part where Anok said he DID serve in the first Gulf War. I believe he's disabled as a result of that action.

Perhaps a closer reading of his messages...?

And Al Qaeda and Zarquawi aren't in Iraq, in case you hadn't noticed. They didn't have any large bases there (though they did in Afghanistan.) In fact, the Bush administration can't seem to find Osama or Al Zaquawi.

So we have a lot of US and Iraqui deaths for... what? Under Saddam, there weren't daily car bombs in the major cities and there wasn't a constant disruption of basic services. Read some of the stories from Iraq and spend a week counting the number of terrorist incidents they have.

This isn't freedom. It's a war zone with captors.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
freedom is freeing innocent iraqis from saddams torture chambers.
and don't give me all that crap about the USA having torture chambers.....you just can't believe that.....there are people in the media mtrying to bring the military down.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The sad thing is, that I think they passed the 2,000 mark LONG ago. They don't count people that get injured and are sent to hospitals in other countries for treatment, that die on the way or once there as ''iraq casualties".

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
nb25 can you say brainwashing? Please turn off your TV and view some real news. I suggest searching the web for the truth, instead of being brainwashed by the media propaganda machines. Coming to ATS is a good start.

On regards to this topic, IMO Cindy is only trying to get media attention to the important issues that are being ignored by the media. As stated earlier in this thread. To prove my point remember the protest gathering at the Whitehouse in late September? There were hundreds of thousands of people there, yet I failed to even see coverage of it on mainstream news.

On the other hand I do agree that Cindy is exploiting her fame a little bit, but it is for a just cause so all the power to her. I agree with her on her views.

Why is bush doing this you may ask? Well the answer is simple. He is doing all this so he can set up his own leaders all around the world, thus giving him more power. He is creating a dynasty or one world order. This has been done before by the US.

First invade a country. Second overthrow their leader. Third implement a new trusted leader.

Nazi Germany eat your heart out.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
First of all, as much as I am opposed to the war, I agree its a screwed if you do, screwed if you don't. I would enjoy nothing more than to see the troops home. I also don't fully support shehan, quite frankly, for the same reason I oppose the war. I question the motives.

Now that being said i think a full withdrawl is no longer an option. Washington made a mess, going over for very questionable motives, and opened a can of worms. Now our soldiers are left with little choice but to clean up after them.

2,000 troops is an extremely low number compare to past wars/conquests. 10,000 lost is still low compared to wars such as WWII. But WWII and Iraq are far from the same situation. Perhaps looking back 50 years from now, we will sit and say in the end it was worth it, though I expect we will look back and say we are in another Vietnam. I still side with the saying that goes sort of like "2000 troops is an extremely acceptable number in war, if not for the fact that every life is invaluable."

[edit on 25-10-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nb25

hey ANOK,
America- love it or leave it.
how dare you bad mouth a just and noble mission. 2,000 dead is a lot......but we can't leave now and give terrorism fuel buddy, soon as we do we will get hit again. and we have to protect the Iraqis from zarqawi and al qadea. i don't see you serving in Iraq do I.

Obviously you haven't read too many of my posts here have you? Got a case of foot in mouth disease, eh?

And who's badmouthing? Could you please explain that to me?

I was in the first Gulf War thankyou, served six years in the military. What have you done?

This is what I got for my service, along with osteoporosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, unexplainable joint pain and muscle pain, crippling back pain, depression, anxiety, and that's just the short list.
What have YOU done???

For your reading pleasure:
desert-storm.com...

[edit on 26/10/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
For those who think there have only been 2000 dead from the Gulf War, think again...

I bet you don't know that around 10,000 Gulf War vets have died since the first Gulf War? Did you know that?

You see it doesn't end after your service is done. And what's really sickening about this? The government just denies any wrong doing.

You are going to see those numbers increase for years to come. Some troops got sick sooner than others. Some are sick from DU, some from vaccines, some from both. Think about that while you sit there with your healthy fat butts
on your computer chairs.
Think about that while you sit at your keyboard and act like you know everything about what's going on. You don't know nothing!

The ignorant flag waving from you armchair worriers makes me sick.
They need a WAY BELOW SECRET vote on ATS, and that wouldn't be enough.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Its too bad Cindy didnt think about the troops until the 2000th has been killed. Maybe if she stopped taking money from and being led around like a trained poodle by special interest groups long enough to actually care about these fine soldiers lives, she may be done grieving by now. Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If Iraq was such a noble cause why did the administration have to fabricate evidence to get support for it? Comparing WWII to Iraq is an insult to the great generation that served in WWII. Anyone who does it should be ashamed of themselves. You were suckered into supporting the war in Iraq it’s time to be man enough to admit you fell for a lie and do something about it instead of continually trying to find a reason to support that lie so you don’t have to face the fact your ignorant. Being Ignorant is fine but when you get educated on the subject and still support your ignorance it becomes stupidity rectify it will you still have some dignity. All the lies are starting to cave in on the republicans and it’s time to jump ship instead of sinking with them.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Its too bad Cindy didnt think about the troops until the 2000th has been killed. Pathetic.

Hello she’s been protesting for months now! Who's Pathetic?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
If Iraq was such a noble cause why did the administration have to fabricate evidence to get support for it? Comparing WWII to Iraq is an insult to the great generation that served in WWII.

and comparing Iraq to Vietnam is an insult to the Vietnam veterans as well right? dink u condemn dat comparison as well?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Its too bad Cindy didnt think about the troops until the 2000th has been killed. Pathetic.

Hello she’s been protesting for months now! Who's Pathetic?

Cindy is pathetic.

Her sons death is being used by left wing special interest groups to advance their agendas. And Cindy is allowing this to happen, she is the perfect tool and all at her sons expense. Where do you think all this money is coming from? The cash for her travel expenses? Who's paying her bills? She doesnt have any money, but it sure doesnt slow her down any does it?

Her son didnt share her views and was patriotic to the core, but that hardly matters to Cindy. Her family has left her, but that hardly matters to Cindy either.

Apparently, the only thing that matters to Cindy is attention and money, regardless of the cost to her sons memory and her family.

Thats whats pathetic.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been said before, but i will mention it anyway.

I have little knowledge of this woman, but can understand her loss and sense of grief.
This woman has apparently been campaigning and protesting since she lost her son. Fair play.
But I have never heard of anyone mention her campaigning or protesting before she lost her son, but i may be wrong here.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

But I have never heard of anyone mention her campaigning or protesting before she lost her son, but i may be wrong here.

That’s just it Biker, we all want to feel sorry for her loss. But she has ruined it. He poor son was very into his country and he volunteered for a second term and volunteered for the very detail that got him killed. He loved what he did and died doing it.

But his mother has turned this soldier’s love of his country into the very last thing he believed in and fought for.

Cindy's very actions drag what her son believed in through the mud. It’s a direct slap in his face, and that’s what sicken me so about Cindy Sheehan. She doesn’t need to have the same beliefs as her son, but to disgrace his death because of them is out right sinful. She should be ashamed of herself.

You know what? Other grieving families of this war despise her and protest Cindy's actions. They hate her for it.

Why can’t she grieve in privacy and respect her son’s belief enough to shut her trap? Out of respect for her son she needs to keep her politics to herself.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

If Iraq was such a noble cause why did the administration have to fabricate evidence to get support for it? Comparing WWII to Iraq is an insult to the great generation that served in WWII.

and comparing Iraq to Vietnam is an insult to the Vietnam veterans as well right? dink u condemn dat comparison as well?

Why both are for BS causes. Hey wasn't that war sold on false pretense also oh yea the “Gulf of Tonkin " Sorry to say our troops are dieing for nothing in Iraq just like they did in nam. But hey one is a desert and the other a jungle so that's a huge difference right!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Her son didnt share her views and was patriotic to the core,

How do we know his views, he's dead? If there is a heaven or hell or after life he is probably madder then hell knowing he died for nothing. Not even for America’s security or defending the constitution but for a bunch of republican crooks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join