It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacers & Mobo Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Our office bought a Barbones kit through TigerDirect...This one to be precise

First thing I noticed was that the damn I/O connectors didn't line up with the default case ports...

No problem - I snapped that out and popped in the one that came with the mobo...

I screwed in the spacers and placed the mobo on top, but then it sat too high...w/o the spacers it rests almost perfect, although I felt the amount of pressure it took to align the screw holes was a bit much....

What's the deal here? Is it a bad idea to proceed without the spacers?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You should not try to proceed without the spacers. You will short out your motherboard if it's touching the case. Did you try with shorter spacers?

All I can say is, if TigerDirect are selling a kit that doesn't fit, they suck. Complain for a replacement or shop at different place in the future.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can't help but think it's just something that I'm not doing right.....My PC-building experience is limited, at best....

I think TD shipped me a good package (save the port issue), but I'm missing out on something here....

Here's an inside look at the case I'm working with:

Most PCs I've worked with don't have those little humps on the case...The spacers usually screw directly into a socket that lays flat against the metal siding of the case...

The motherboard rests perfectly along those little humps though.....Are those like "built-in" spacers??

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ufia is right. You dont ever want the mobo to touch metal on the case. You wont enjoy the experience.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Sometimes Cases like that will come with the little plastic things that are shorter than the spacers, but not always. If anything, make sure the mobo tray is set right. but these guys are right, spacers required

new topics

top topics

join