It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berdnarke selected to succeed Greenspan (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ben Bernarke, the chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, has been named the successor to Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan. Greenspan is expected to retire upon completion of his fifth term in january.

www.foxnews.com
WASHINGTON — President Bush named Ben Bernanke (search), chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, on Monday as his choice to succeed five-term Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan (search).

Calling him one of the most-cited economists in the world, the president said, "Ben Bernanke is the right man to build on the record Alan Greenspan has accomplished."

Speaking in the Oval Office flanked by Bernanke and Greenspan, Bush said Bernanke has impeccable credentials and an excellent reputation. Bush also had high praise for the outgoing chairman

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I understand that Bernanke has only been a part of the white house council since the start of 2005. I also know very little about him or his economic philosophy. However, that being said, with the way this administration has handled the economics of the country, I find it a little mind boggling that a member of the econmic staff would be appointed rather than someone outside the box.

Related News Links:
money.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Please check your spelling. You've spelled his name differently three times and I have no idea which one's right.

join