It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Lobbying for the American People?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Big money making in lobbying, but who is lobbying for the American People?

Lobbying in American politics is big business so big that when the speaker of the house comes down the the house is open for business looking more and more like an auction house than the people’s house .

What is a lobbyist? Well is a parasite, a virus and infectious disease that eats out the benefits of the American worker in pursue of private agendas while sucking the people’s livelihood.

From tax bills to pharmaceuticals, from oil and gas industry to corporations, money is not a problem in the house is pleanty to go around to pay for decisions that will affect all of us the American people.

Most of the now big Expert lobbyist are ex congressional members and senators, making easier for the business to become more centralized and efficient.

But who is lobbying for the American people? I guess nobody.

The amount of money that is used for lobbying these days is also causing more abuses against the tax payer in this country that are the ones that support the government.

Corporations, entire industries and other special interest groups spent a record $2.14 billion on lobbying members of Congress and 220 other federal agencies last year, according to Political MoneyLine, a nonpartisan research service that tracks campaign contributions. That figure represents a 7 percent increase over 2003 and an astonishing 34 percent jump from the amount of money spent on lobbying in 2001.

money.cnn.com...

Because the laws are not strict enough to control the money supply for lobbying our politicians are becoming corrupt and pay for, we elect them and they sell themselves like whores to the highest bidder.

Every time a bill is introduce to control the amount of money used on campaign finance reform more money is introduce to lobbying against it, congress is not interested on helping the people that elect them but they are there to help themselves.

Congress is not longer in the business of helping the American people; they belong to the corporate supremacy.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

We must take action to return Congress to the business of the American citizenry, not the business of the corporate supremacists.

When it gets this bad voter's need to excercise their voting power and kick these jackasses out. Why the hell does Kennedy keep getting voted back in the senate? Why is Feingold still a senator? Why is Kerry and DeLay still in the senate? These are all pimps, they're in that job for the wrong reasons and it's the people's fault for not seeing them for who they really are.

Ralph Nader shares Lou Dobb's similar views on lobbyists and corporate America and how its ruining this country. Why don't the voter's excercise their right and vote in fresh faces who aren't republicans and democrats.

The problem w/ those two parties is that they've been inthe game for so long, they are comfortable being cheaters, liars, and, and pimps. They don't care about working for the people. Fresh faces do, they have more of an ethical foundation to draw from them those two parties.

Until people realise this, the senate will continue to look like an auction house.

If you want change you've got to do it yourself.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Unfortunaly it seems like the wolves are already in the hen house and I can only imagine what it would take to get them out. More than just voting. It seems that many of our founders knew what the answer to our current breakdown of government would be but I dont think the american people have the stomach for it.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Big money making in lobbying, but who is lobbying for the American People?

Are they looking for one? Cause I'll take that job. A big interest group like that probably has lots of cash reserves. What are they paying?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You are right, but also the money that corporation spend on the campaign funds of these politicians also help to market these selected politicians as the best thing next to god to the American people.

These so call experts at political candidates manufacturing are able to do whatever the want with the people.

If you see all the money invested by interest groups in the political career of politicians is not question about it that while we get to vote the interest groups get to chose.

I tried so hard to see what our government has done for us in the past 5 years or perhaps in the past 20 years and guess what when you compare the corporate lobbying and legislation going to their way at every turn is just plain and simple. The American People is not and has never been in their minds unless is to get votes and be elected.

By the way things are going very soon even our votes will be expendable and with no consequences.

Most of the candidates that are coming from the main two parties have been Manufactured, Grommet and chosen by private interest to serve them.

Politicians are starting to look like the spoil goods in a whore house they are all pretty and parading their goods and many do it in the name of conservativism but they are mostly rooting with diseases inside and ready to infect anybody that choses them and turn them into their masters and sold them as slaves.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Are they looking for one? Cause I'll take that job. A big interest group like that probably has lots of cash reserves. What are they paying?

I was researching and on the money but it goes by the causes they are trying to lobby for it, the money runs in the hundreds of thousands by individual case.

If you take in consideration what most corporate monopolies pay in taxes actually they are saving money, their taxes run only in the millions but paying for lobbyist run in the billions annually.

Hey perhaps we should open a firm to lobby for the American people against the private interest and do it only from donations from citizens.

We probably will be found in some side dish from a Tragic Accident

[edit on 24-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
None of them lobby 4 the people, because the people are percieved as a commodity and property.

The entire 2 party political system is an illusion designed to get us Americans to think that we have a choice (democracy), when in actuality, both options are from the same elites. No difference in dems and repub leaders. No choice. Just matrix like control. Humans need to believe they have free will. If you can give em that, you can control there entire life evermore.

No profits in goodness, compassion and fairness.
No money in that business.

They just dont care about being discreet nowadays.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Big Business that is the organized and dominant force in U.S. politics.

For twenty five years the corporate world has build their way to downtown Washington and into the White house and the presidential seat.

Before that it was the organized labor but they have gotten fewer since the down fall of union workers. Many jobs manufacturing labor jobs has gone out of the US and the technology sector has settler in and corporation have a strong hold on these new sector.

Third world countries are becoming the booming nations of labor and manufacturing jobs at the expenses of the American worker.

Through the judicial system corporate power has gain their best allies against people’s driven interest groups

But we won a victory, something that many private groups in the finance world wanted more than anything else was to privatized Social Security and Bush was the one to deliver that in a silver platter the millions of dollars lobbying for it when down the drain when the American public prove that when they say no it means no.

But it will not be the end of it; they are just picking their pieces and reorganizing again to target once more the privatization of people’s retirement.

I found this in the internet it shows why the Republican Party is giving away American to the private interest even when Democrats also benefit from them.

While the Republican Party is, for the most part, the Big Business party of choice, multinationals pour huge sums into both Republican and Democratic coffers. In the 2004 election cycle, for example, Goldman Sachs made $5.6 million in political donations, 58 percent to Democrats; Microsoft made over $3 million in contributions, 60 percent of which went to Dems; SBC contributed more than $2.6 million, nearly two thirds of which went to Republicans; Pfizer donated nearly $1.6 million, almost 70 percent of which went to the GOP; Lockheed Martin spent $1.73 million in contributions, directing 59 percent to Republicans; and ExxonMobil donated $800,000, 89 percent of which went to Republicans.

Now you see who benefits from the new Energy Bill and Government Contracts

In 2004, business contributions to federal candidates, from individual donors and through political action committees, outdistanced labor contributions by a 15-to-1 ratio. (Soft money was banned by the very modest campaign finance reform legislation of 2001.)

www.multinationalmonitor.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The Senate is like hugh Hefner's house... You gotta a bunch of whores who are still trying to perfect their 'art' and use people to acquire wealth even though it's the unethical way to go about it. You sleep w/ the devil and you get rich quick while selling your country out.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
First marg, Congratulations for finally starting your own great thread.

I think you're right of course. International corporate businesses own US politicians, the US government, and thereby, the American people. And as you pointed out regarding Social Security - the people can fight back, and protect their own interests. Yea people.

...Right now, I'm on about international pharmaceutical companies - and how they're using the US government to help them profiteer from the bird flu pandemic.

I think what's happening is a crime against humanity - and I've had enough of this "profits over people" horse puckey.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
marg6043- You could not have put it any better
You are so right about the ones WE put in office. It is a pity though that they do sell their souls or whats left of 'em. Whores is to good a term to compare the lawmakers to. That is degrading to the whores.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sofi look what I found the links are outstanding.

Drug Lobby Second to None
How the pharmaceutical industry gets its way in Washington

I guess when it comes on ranking who is the ones that do the most lobbying in the Washington the Winner is . . . The Pharmaceutical Industry .

They campaign contributions to benefit the insurance industry is one of the pay off that a politician can get.

The pharmaceutical and health products industry has spent more than $800 million in federal lobbying and campaign donations at the federal and state levels in the past seven years, a Center for Public Integrity investigation has found. Its lobbying operation, on which it reports spending more than $675 million, is the biggest in the nation.

See how much money this people used to pay off for laws and regulations that will benefit them No US

If they use this money to lower the prices of prescription drugs so we the People can afford it we will not have so much trouble getting prescription drugs. Don’t you think?

This people make huge investments in Washington, but they make none when it comes to us the consumer. But that is not it their investment are nothing compare to what the profits thanks to the laws and regulations they get in congress Billions of dollars that we the consumer don’t get a penny out of it, but higher prices at the counter.

They have also fended off measures aimed at containing prices, like allowing importation of medicines from countries that cap prescription drug prices, which would have dented their profit margins. Pfizer, the world's largest drug company, made a profit of $11.3 billion last year, out of sales of $51 billion.
The industry's multi-faceted influence campaign has also led to a more industry-friendly regulatory policy at the Food and Drug Administration, the agency that approves its products for sale and most directly oversees drug makers.

This people spend millions on lobbying with an army of about 3000 lobbyist in their side, the last bill the bought from congress cost $116 million in 2003 and was sign by Bush as the the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003.

In 2004 they increased their expenditure to on lobbyists to $123 million, a record amount for the industry. Of the 1,291 lobbyists who were listed that year as prepresenting pharmaceutical corporations and their trade groups, some 52 percent were former federal officials.

People this is scary stuff we are talking about, with so much money invested in politics I wonder how much more they are willing to use to Kill Opposition

US is one of the countries on the world that gives this pharmaceuticals tax brakes and free rights in the name of subsidies and it all comes at the expenses of the American people.

Over the last seven years, the pharmaceutical industry has given $150 million in campaign contributions

www.publicintegrity.org...

look at the top 20 recipient of Pharmaceuticals contribution to politicians Bush top the list !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
FLYIN HIGH

Thanks, the more I look for the pay off of politicians in our country the more scary and dark it looks for the American people.

Katrina Leads a Lobbyist to Reevaluate His Priorities

At least once in a while somebody stands up and take a stance for the American people.

Frederick L. Webber president of the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, drafted a large check to help families displaced by Hurricane Katrina and decided that an imperative of his vocation -- political giving -- had finally gone too far.

I guess he saw the light,

"It really hit home when I was writing out that check," Webber said. "Political fundraising in this town has gotten out of control."

How many will be like him and get a moment of reality and favor the American people.

Congress is so dependable to lobbyist that they are becoming their slaves to survived.

"Members of Congress are trapped. They have to continue to raise money if they're going to survive, and I sympathize with them," Webber added. "But I've seen a lot of people -- very good people -- leave Congress because they're tired of fundraising. This thing has gotten away from us."

How can we clean the white house from the Lobbyist Parasites ? .

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ok, Administration what is going on with SUBLIMINAR MESSAGES

You are starting to scare me now.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ok, Administration what is going on with SUBLIMINAR MESSAGES

You are starting to scare me now.

I thought it was a glitch - or maybe, some kind of worm. Glad to hear it wasn't a hallucination.

On topic - Who is lobbying for the American people?

There are some good organizations out there - but they have no cash, and therefore, no power.

Seems like the only solution is to change the way elections work; restrict contributions; cap campaign costs ...?????

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is a great link to know what your financial interests a legislator in your state might have.

Get to know who is your legistalor and for whom he realy work for and by whom he is getting pay to legislate in their favors but not yours.

Almost 74 percent of state legislators in office this year are seeking reelection on Nov. 2, according to an anlysis of candidate lists by the Center for Public Integrity. Researchers identified 4,787 incumbent legislators in the 44 states holding legislative elections next week. View each state's list of incumbent legislators and search the outside interest database on the Center's "Our Private Legislatures"

www.publicintegrity.org...

Don't be afraid to find out.

Its our tax payer money no theirs.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Seems like the only solution is to change the way elections work; restrict contributions; cap campaign costs ...?????

Well then we all just shot ourselves in the foot, that will never happen, both parties will forbid it cuz they know when that happens that will be the day when other parties and people will be able to run... and they can't have that.. it's gotta be the two party system for as long as they can hold off. bye bye miss american pie.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Actually as long as big money moves around to pay for politicans we the American people are doom.

They are very comfortable in their nice littler niches in Washington and is going to take more than a pest control to get rid of the vermin.

How can laws be passed when are lobbyist paying to stop them.

It seems like a no end situation.

new topics

top topics

join