It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What with?Why?Are projectiles being fired at U.F.O's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
www.qtm.net...

Everyone on this site must of seen this footage, where NASA's camera's seem to show U.F.O's around earth's atmosphere being fired at.

My questions is,

Why are we firing on U.F.O's? Seems hostile.
What are we firing at them with?
Whats going on that we dont know about?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ahh yes, the famous STS-48 video.

Some have said its something to do with the 'Star Wars' project, or some other sort of military test.

Its a pretty awesome video.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Some have said its something to do with the 'Star Wars' project, or some other sort of military test.

Its a pretty awesome video.

But if it is a stars wars project, it obvioulsy had no chance of hitting the craft.
It just seems strange to take a pot shot at a craft, without knowing the full implications of our actions, is this is the first time?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've seen this before.
It's been debunked as a missile firing. The "flash" of the launch does not correspond with the speed of the "missile".

Best theory I heard was that these were dust particles, possibly reacting to the shuttle's directional thrusters or colliding with other space matter. Because there is no sense of scale it's as likely that these "missiles" are dust size as they are "missile" size.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's definitely been on here before several times, but I don't think it's been soundly debunked - that's just your opinion

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I agree with you.
Lets assume we (Earth) was shooting something at an alien craft-it is stupid beyond belief.
If aliens have the tech to travel to us, all there tech must be far more advanced than ours.
Therefor, we assume there weapons are far more advanced than ours.
We then can assume if we piss them off, they could/could do untold damage to all of us here on Earth.
Think of someone throwing spears at people with guns. They can stay out of spear range and mow down people at will.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I agree with you.
Lets assume we (Earth) was shooting something at an alien craft-it is stupid beyond belief.
If aliens have the tech to travel to us, all there tech must be far more advanced than ours.
Therefor, we assume there weapons are far more advanced than ours.
We then can assume if we piss them off, they could/could do untold damage to all of us here on Earth.
Think of someone throwing spears at people with guns. They can stay out of spear range and mow down people at will.

This is what i wanted the thread to discuss, im sorry im a new member and have not seen the previous thread.
But like myself you are not satisfied to say this was a definate hoax.
My other point was, with what weapon would we fire.
As obviously its not going to match their technology.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Who's saying this is a hoax?

Its official footage. Not something shot by amatures.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, in a post above people do say things dont match up, i personally believe this video.
My point is why would we do such a thing? Stupidity or a bigger picture.
And with what weapon?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
People NASA releases footage all the time. The last I checked NASA worked directly with the US Government. The same government that either surreptitiously or blatently is always out to stifle any proof of the existance of UFO's.

1.How many people work at NASA?
    2.How many of these employees see this same footage we do?
    3.How many of these employees believe in UFO's?
    4.Are all these NASA employees government drones?

Based on all these NASA "Proof Of" Videos
How long before these mass of employees and astronauts validate these videos are indeed UFO's. Rather than speculation in total darkness that allows festering ignorance, has anyone tried to talk to all these NASA employees as witnesses to get their explanations? I thought not.

So continue to speculate in darkness about footage that is openly accessable to the public from a government that supposedly covers up everything. Have a nice day.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nova
It's definitely been on here before several times, but I don't think it's been soundly debunked - that's just your opinion

Well don't take my word for it. Let the shuttle log speak for itself.

www.igs.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was never an alien craft, maybe the government was testing the missile evading capabilities of a black-ops craft?

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It seems crazy to pick a fight with a race with superior technology. I wish that the people who authorised that missile launch could be held accountable for their actions. It could Jeopardise our future relations.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Dr X]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I hope like hell they are not firing at UFO's, I might be in one of them.

Lets get a little more correct with our terminology. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. A UFO could be an alien spacecraft or me in a Cessna depending on the situation. If you are firing on an alien spacecraft you have already identified it as such and it is not a UFO! If not then who knows what you are shooting at.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have seen this and many other NASA videos , my opinion is that these are unknowns.

But I see this a bit differently than you guys , I see what looks like a UFO leaving the atmosphere at high speed as opposed to a projectile fired from Earth.

I don't think you can just assume that a projectile is being fired as opposed to another unknown leaving the Earth vertically.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't think it is the first time we have fired "warning shots" at them. According to the disputed SOM the military has secured at least one craft from "direct military action".

The shuttle was supposedly in a orbit that suggests that the experimental beam cannon could have been fired from Pine Gap installation.

The dust particles theory doens't work, the camera was set on "infinity", this being rpoven when minutes later the shuttle camera goes to take a look in the cargo hold( I believe it was called something like that) and had to shift zooms. So far as the thrusters firing causing the particles to move abruptly(along with the flash), the actually firing took place minutes later.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That video was aired live at the time. Now Nasa delays their footage by a couple of minutes.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What the fruits going on lol.

Whether it be a manmade craft leaving earth, and the alien craft moving out of the way as to not be identified, as suggested by a post above, its still odd that nasa delays the footage, why?.

Mod Edit: Watch your language. Or I will for you.

[edit on 10/25/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
one shot god close to hitting a "craft"if that's what it was,it's good we have this technology i suppose incase any un-friendly aliens try to get in

Graham

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
one shot god close to hitting a "craft"if that's what it was,it's good we have this technology i suppose incase any un-friendly aliens try to get in

Graham

We had no chance of hitting it.
If that was the first time we done that, then we would see that we were stupid to do that.

It cant point to a second time, coz we would learn our lessons right?
Maybe a fake, but cant be since its nasa's footage?

Maybe another craft taking off at high speed, as said before? (not alien)

<<   2 >>

join