It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH-64A law question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Is it possible to post here complete flight manual from AH-64A?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
When you say the "complete flight manual" for the AH-64A, you're talking about an entire shelf of books, almost all of them outdated and incomplete.

This is because there are very few AH-64As left in the US, and the rest of them (e.g., Israel, Egypt, UAE) are either in the process of being re-manufactured to the AH-64D configuration or have evolved in several different directions based on the individual countries' different requirements.

Also, not all of the data on the AH-64A is in electronic form; finally, the information either belongs to one of several governments or the McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company, a fully-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company; and is protected by copyright.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Why, do you have some?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yes, I do. As a matter of fact, I have presented the Familiarization Course, and actually wrote some of the courseware for the Maintenance Test Pilot, and both the 68X (mechanical) and 68Y (avionics) maintainer MOSs.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sorry OTS, I meant that towards matej. I wondered if he/she was inquiring with a view to post some or if they were after them. And if they are after them - why do they want them?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I asked because I wanted to know, if it is secret. OK, here it is - packed in five files, together about 25MB, 600 pages.

www.hitechweb.szm.sk/luke/AH64AOM.part1.rar to part5.rar

It should be interesting to read, how AH-64 works.

Copyright notice: This is backup copy. You can download it only when you own original.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There's something wrong with the archives mate, it won't uncompress, keeps saying you need the next file on or something.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
You need to download all five files from AH64AOM.part1.rar, part2.rar ... to part5.rar

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
YEah sorry got it now I think..

[edit on 26-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Since its outdated it probably doesn't matter then.

There are plenty of Flight manuals and so forth for old WW2 planes and the like floating about the net, No-one seems to care that much about it. I doubt whether that copyright notice will protect you from legal action though

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Luckily it seems to say on the front

"Distribution Statement A: Approved for public release, distribution is unlimited"

So matej should be in the clear.

I imagine that the information is still relevant, the really juicy stuff is the weapon systems but they have long since been upgraded, the stuff relevant to the basic operation of the craft I imagine is still correct though. Obviously I am not an expert in these matters so I may be wrong however!

top topics

join