It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just What Does Google Think They're Hiding?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am quite confident that someone within the circle of powers to be is to be behind the censored photos. What I find weird is that from the first pic. the W/H and the two other buildings off to each side are blotted out but yet the other pics. depict snipers on the roof of the W/H. Perhaps they have a new type of weapons systems deployed up there and do not want the general pouplation to know just what it is. This would be good to have explained.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That is interesting, I didn't know about it before. It's weird you can find the other images you posted on the same site showing the people on the roof. I'm not sure how hard it was to find the other pics, but maybe they assume most people looking on their won't know how to find the other pics.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I took a look at the United States Capitol, not far from the White House. This is a building that is recognized by almost everyone in the world and has been photographed from every conceivable angle.

It's location is very well known:

Now I zoom in for a closer look and the fuzzy pixels show up:

But if I pan to the front of the building you can see clearly:

I guess my original question still stands. What does Google Maps think they are hiding??? And who is telling them to do this???

Anybody can get pictures of the Capitol Building, it's not exactly a national secret. Hell, you can walk right up to this amazing structure.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
google research of my own...

Time-Warner own thousands of dollars worth of google stock. And they are also deeply connected to president Bush.

President George W. Bush listens to Time Warner CEO Richard Parsons, center, during a White House economic conference at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.,

Link

Interesting to note that Gore was funded by Time-Warner during the electoral campaign and not Bush.

Gores media money comes mostly from the larger media conglomerates, such as Disney, Time Warner and Viacom Inc.;

Link

So is it safe to say that Bush's own hand is behind this masking of the buildings. And if so, WHY?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The message was:

I was looking at landmarks around the Washington DC area with Google Maps when I noticed that the White House, Treasury Department, Old Executive Office Building and the Capitol Building all have a mask over them. In the case of the Capitol Building there is pixels over the structure so that it can't be seen properly.
I was wondering why this was and who decided that these building should be hidden???
When looking at the White House with Google Earth, there is no mask in place. So what's the deal???

Thank-you in advance, I hope you can answer my question without having to kill me after in the name of national security. lol

If I get a reply from them I'll post the answer in this thread.

Very interesting take on the subject Yossarian. The two links you provided return the message posted below. Hope you can fix them, I'd like to take a look. In my own research, I'm finding it very hard to find just what Time-Warner owns or who owns Google stock. Hmmmmmm....

[edit on 25/10/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My guess is..that its because the google map rendering can be cut, pasted, georeferenced and "rubbersheeted" into a GIS program capable of navigating. I have done that before using the old drawn maps of my area. We use ESRI's ARC GIS desktop and can add an image (raster) or even a CAD file, overlay and associate a few common corners on a previously referenced dataset and bingo, it slides right into place and now has vector data assigned to any object because it lays on the same "tick" as the original data.

In other words, now each place you click, you have coordinates and depending on how accurate they are you could zero in on a sub-meter accuracy. Enter those into even a discount store GPS unit and it will guide you within 100 feet. Enter it into a Trimble GPS and you could be within six feet.

Evidentially, there is something about the google maps that make them more susceptible to this practice than images from google earth. It could deal with the law at the time of release as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...

google.blognewschannel.com...

www.rankforsales.com...

Here are 3 links I came across on google with reference to Time-Warner and Google.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This thread has cost me far more points to construct than I'll ever earn back from responses.

You do the math.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
i don't know what your malfunction is, but i just pulled up google earth and this was the image of the white house...

as you can see, nothing is concealed, and all is seen. stop jumping to conclusions.

Does Google Earth use aerial snapshots from a plane or Satellite photos? I just thought the image looked odd on the north side of the building in the center. You can see the sides of the walls on parts of the building. Some parts you cannot.

I'm no expert in this type of thing but if you're looking straight down at something you shouldn't be able to see the sides of the walls on parts of the building.

Or maybe it's some kind of illusion to my eyes?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm new to ATS, so I don't want my first post to get off topic, but if you go to google.com and enter "failure" in the search box and hit "I'm feeling lucky" you'll get directed to an interesting web-site. I'm sure many of you have seen this before.

Does anyone know how this was set up, or if it had to be someone working for google behind it? It's kinda funny, but it may also decrease the chances of Bush having control or influence over goolge.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by DeuceCyrenne]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The page ranking was rigged by pranksters, Google received complaints but they won't alter the results.

Here's the link for the Googlebombing 'failure' explanation:
googleblog.blogspot.com...

From same website, they mention that the photoshopped White House came from Keyhole, so apparently Google are not the one responsible for this censored image.
googleblog.blogspot.com...

Still no explanation who requested the image to be censored and why?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
NSA anyone?

I doubt google itself is doing the censoring, but if so, it maybe just a security precaution regardless of other shots

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
maps.google.com...,-59.845791&spn=5.469784,9.622925&t=h&hl=en

What is this? Is it like a sea wall or some kind of tunnel or what? I've been looking for information, but alas, none is to be found.

I don't think it's part of Canada. It doesn't look natural either. You can't zoom in that close to it.

[edit on 10/27/2005 by blackstar]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is Sable Island. It's part of Nova Scotia, Canada.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
The message was:

I was looking at landmarks around the Washington DC area with Google Maps when I noticed that the White House, Treasury Department, Old Executive Office Building and the Capitol Building all have a mask over them. In the case of the Capitol Building there is pixels over the structure so that it can't be seen properly.
I was wondering why this was and who decided that these building should be hidden???
When looking at the White House with Google Earth, there is no mask in place. So what's the deal???

Thank-you in advance, I hope you can answer my question without having to kill me after in the name of national security. lol

If I get a reply from them I'll post the answer in this thread.

It took a while, but Google has responded to the e-mail that I sent.

Hello,

The imagery was provided to us in that format and resolution. Moving
forward we are hoping to integrate the Google Earth imagery into Google
Local so that each product displays similar imagery.

Please continue to enjoy our program, and let us know if we can assist you
further.

Thank you for using Google Earth,
The Google Earth Support Team

Now I wonder who provided the imagery and who made the choice to mask out some buildings???? Hmmmmmm.......

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I find it interesting that the two buildings flanking the white house look like the number 8. H is the 8th number of the alphabet, many far right groups using 88=HH=Heil Hitler.

Not that I think that there is anything in this, but you know, fits in with the swastika buildings, and that is what made me think of it. I guess what it really shows is that you can find meaning in everything if you try hard enough.

To answer your original question, I have no idea

Surely no one could get near enough to the place to use whatever information they got from google? Maybe there was a "sports model" parked up on the secret roof landing pad at the time.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Implosion]

Wow, I didn't notice that-good eye for detail...scary detail but detail none the less

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here's a rather interesting site that pertains to "Google Earth"

www.googleearthhacks.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I find this thread very intresting, it makes you wonder who has done this and what other pictures they have doctord or ''coverd-up''(parden the pun).

I hope we can get some answers soon. I will try to look for some here in the uk.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You think thats worrying?
You can actually see portsmouth naval base...which btw is the home port for the entire surface fleet of the RN....not exsactly smart..
On the other hand they have blacked out almost all of faslane....except for the shooting ranges lol that I noticed..

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
More than likely, it was a Top Secret, No-Go Zone, at one time. Think about it, if the terrorists flying the planes on Sept 11th knew what the top of the White house looked like exactly, they might have been able to target it better.

No clue, but just a simple suggestion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join