It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia on fast track to tyranny

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
· A so-called "shoot to kill" policy, especially in the wake of the shooting of an innocent Brazilian man in London. (very sad but people die everyday)

Who cares about terror attacks then? Very sad, but people die everyday.

Freedom or security, you choose. But if you choose the latter, you might loose both.

Excellent SwearBear
My question is, this is all well and fine for now, given the present going-on's in the world and all this "terrorism" but where does it stop ?
As pointed out many times in this thread, we aren't even allowed to own guns legally.

Do U not ask yourself what is coming next ?

Will we be arrested for using John Howard's name in a derogatory manner next ? Freedom Of Speech may be next, or maybe they will target our children in their schools and start changing those policies to accomodate their agenda. Because there is one and it is clear as day. If U don't see it, I don't know what to tell ya

Who knows, but do expect something, cause it's coming.

Nothing is as it used to be, and "she'll never be right again mate"

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
My question is, this is all well and fine for now, given the present going-on's in the world and all this "terrorism" but where does it stop ?
As pointed out many times in this thread, we aren't even allowed to own guns legally.

Do U not ask yourself what is coming next ? Who knows, but do expect something, cause it's coming. Nothing is as it used to be, and "she'll never be right again mate"

Yes, I do ask myself what is coming next on so many fronts, not just what is happening in good 'ole Oz. But have you ever asked yourself this question - who is that creates the environment that to some degree enables Governments to legitimise the removal of our rights? People like you and I.

Think about it - if people weren't murdered as a result of guns there wouldn't have been a supposedly legitimate reason for removing them. Thousands of people supported the removal of guns. I didn't & I am sure you didn't either but thousands did. It is irresponsible acts that gave the Government the fodder to use against us.

If terrorists didn't blow up maim and kill innocent people Government wouldn't have the pull to bring in laws such as is happening now. Yes, before everyone starts down the conspiracy spiral I am sure that Government is behind some of the terrorist’s acts but not all. Millions of people around the world support laws being changed. Why because they are scared that it might happen to them. Stop the killing – remove the cause.

The key - 'we' that is those among us who perpetrate actions that enable the rest of us to be suppressed have to stop providing the ammunition that is now being fired back at us. If 'we' stopped killing people, blowing people up etc any Government in this day and age would have a very hard time indeed taking away our rights.

Simple really, when you think about it. Don’t give them a reason.,

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

The key - 'we' that is those among us who perpetrate actions that enable the rest of us to be suppressed have to stop providing the ammunition that is now being fired back at us. If 'we' stopped killing people, blowing people up etc any Government in this day and age would have a very hard time indeed taking away our rights.

Simple really, when you think about it. Don’t give them a reason.,

Your assuming that goverments exist purely to enact the will of the population a quick look in the history books will show you that this is the exeption not the norm. Governments are simply a group of people and as such are susceptible to all the flaws that every man and woman can have.
Im sure that a lust for power and dominance is still a major part of every humans personality its instinctive.

We need to be very careful with enacting laws that limit freedoms and rights, i
would like to see this legislation having a sunset clause so that even though the current Howard goverment may not transform into a police state a future government that wish's to will have to reintroduce the laws, that gives people a chance to prepare.

<< 1   >>

join