It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Skull and crossbones symbol seen on a tie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by freeradical
The next time i see him, i'll ask him.

Ask him if he went to yale also. If he did, but won't comment on the tie, then perhaps he was in SnB.

Even if he didn't go to Yale it doesn't matter. SnB are at many universities. they are even at georgia tech... originating at yale has no relevance.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Skull and crossbones
- a very popular symbol for crafty and artist types.
I have a sweater I made with a skull and crossbones on it.
I have also made a scarf that has a skull and crossbones that I gave away as a gift. I have been told it gets all sorts of comments, some people have even offered to buy it

I also have patterns for purses with the skull and crossbone insignia. I have seen caps, socks, tee-shirts, buttons, etc. with the little symbol in various shapes and sizes. May not mean anything except someone thought it looked cool.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

lol thanks

Thing was that this guy was wearing a business suit and the symbol just looked totally out of place,

Mibbie he was in the Skull and Bones Frat when he was in college.

that would be the most likely.
but it does depend on how the skull and bones looked, i woulden't lose much sleep over it.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
maybe he's a long lost realtive of blackbeard ?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by orbonekanobie

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbonekanobie
Even if he didn't go to Yale it doesn't matter. SnB are at many universities. they are even at georgia tech... originating at yale has no relevance.

Ummm ... you're mistaken, Orbonekanobie, and it's all about relevance.

There is but one Skull and Bones, and it is, and always has been at Yale. (A Beta chapter operated briefly at Wesleyan, but was made independent in 1872 and reconstituted as Theta Nu Epsilon.) No other chapters have subsequently been created or authorized. Period.

There are a variety of other collegiate 'secret societies' -- some of which are pseudo-shadowy, and some which are truly exclusive, and many which are called "Skull and Something" or "Something and Bones" -- but there is still just one Skull and Bones. Perhaps it's the proliferation of these similarly-named entities that causes your errant assertions offered above. And I'm sorry to have to say this in case you're a Yellow Jacket -- while it's a perfectly credible university, it's not likely that (public) Georgia Tech and (private, Ivy League) Yale University share a lot of things intercollegiately -- especially the country's most elite collegiate society.

Lastly, about the logo mentioned. Skull and Bones's particuar device is a skull and crossed bones above the number 322. If the number isn't present, who knows what the guy with the tie was up to. Trendy fashion label? Pirate-fashion tie? Templar lore fascination? Something symbolizing poison?

Lastly, do apply a bit of logic here -- given the legendary secrecy surrounding Yale's Skull and Bones, it's completely out of character for their authentic members and alumni to emblazon the cadre's legitimate insignia on a tie and then wear it in public.

(Boxer shorts, maybe, but a tie? Hardly ...)

Cheers,
Sandalfon

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalfon

Hey Sandalfon, thanks for replying to this post. Over the months since I originally posted this I’ve learned that the individual who was wearing the tie was a member of staff on a high ranking level and I’ve left it at that. I certainly don't want to look for things which aren’t there in this case due to the nature of the job role but it still puzzles me to this day. I have never approached the individual about the subject and have never seen that tie since then, note it didn’t have any numerical references under the image of the skull and bones. I understand the individual did have university connections though!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Sandalfon

... but it still puzzles me to this day. I have never approached the individual about the subject and have never seen that tie since then, note it didn’t have any numerical references under the image of the skull and bones. I understand the individual did have university connections though!

"University connections" -- to Yale? As in he went to Yale and is an alumnus?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join