It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Skull and crossbones symbol seen on a tie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I work for the *snip*in the uk and i have seen somthing that puzzled me. It may be nothing, or it may serve as a purpose - but all the same it puzzled me.

I have seen someone in a suit wearing a tie with the Skull and crossbones symbol near the bottom of the fat triangle bit - I have no idea why someone working *snip* would have the symbol on his tie. He appeared to be speaking to the people in charge of the department with a sense of higher authority, asking management operational questions and the like. I'll stop wrighting now as this just sounds like it was too easy to make up and it could be nothing.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Mod edit- removed place of employment at members request.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
might be the new and 'trendy' brand called Skull & Bones by Jared Paul Stern.

www.skullandbonesjps.com...

BTW - i'm in NO way affiliated with this company, aight?!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
lol thanks

Thing was that this guy was wearing a business suit and the symbol just looked totally out of place, and the tie wasnt one of those on the site lol. He could have had a sence of style though, this is true, but all the same im curious to know if anyone has had other sightings of the like.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Horrible thought... German SS? like this:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
lol thanks

Thing was that this guy was wearing a business suit and the symbol just looked totally out of place,

Mibbie he was in the Skull and Bones Frat when he was in college.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot
Horrible thought... German SS? like this:

similar, it looked more like that than the insignia on the trendy clothes. That what confused me, in the hospital you see the skull and bones symbol on dangerous materials and the like why would a person with a suit walk into a hospital with this symbol on his tie. The next time i see him, i'll ask him.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

While on the subject of the *snip* does anyone know the meaning behind the official *snip*insignia ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it one of those? They are commonly used symbols of the medical profession.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The next time i see him, i'll ask him.

Ask him if he went to yale also. If he did, but won't comment on the tie, then perhaps he was in SnB.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

lol thanks

Thing was that this guy was wearing a business suit and the symbol just looked totally out of place,

Mibbie he was in the Skull and Bones Frat when he was in college.

Or maybe, just maybe...since halloween is quickly approaching that he might've donned a halloween tie.....*shrug* just a thought

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I've a friend who is into pirates and has all kinds of skull and crossbone stuff.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i don't know if the UK has HMO insurance but he may have been part of that sect! lol

I take it that it was a printed tie and not a tie tac? A tie tac would fit more but as above a Halloween statement or a funny sense of humour on the Uk Health Industry.

Anyway I belive it originated with Knights Templar in not a very nice story...I have seen it used for Mason rings but not often.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Maybe he was one of these at university:

FYI: If he was, don't mess with him. Stay out of his way and don't cross (no pun intended) him. He is a dangerous man. A scholar. And a gentleman as well. He may also enjoy beer.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
Maybe he was one of these at university:

FYI: If he was, don't mess with him. Stay out of his way and don't cross (no pun intended) him. He is a dangerous man. A scholar. And a gentleman as well. He may also enjoy beer.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

Whats one of those? To japike - it was a printed tie.
I'd like to add that ive seen this person only twice in six months at work, he never smiles either lol spooky

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Whats one of those?

It's the official emblem of Kappa Sigma, a college fraternity.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Anyhow, something like this ring i found one random day. Does anyone know what this ring is?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think that's the official Metallica fan club ring circa 1986. Just kidding. Seriously, where did you find it? Not that I can discern anything from that. I'm just curious. That would be a pretty cool thing to find. What country, location, etc. Good picture.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterboy202
Anyhow, something like this ring i found one random day. Does anyone know what this ring is?

It looks similar to a ring I had seen as a child. A German/Nazi S.S. ring.
Could not find one that looks exactly like you posted but here are some nonetheless.

www.waffen-ss.no...
www.waffen-ss.no...
www.waffen-ss.no...
www.waffen-ss.no...
www.waffen-ss.no...

[edit on 31-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on 31-10-2005 at 12:13 PM

I think that's the official Metallica fan club ring circa 1986. Just kidding. Seriously, where did you find it? Not that I can discern anything from that. I'm just curious. That would be a pretty cool thing to find. What country, location, etc. Good picture.

Found it in Southern California.... about 15 years ago... dont really remember where i found it however, i still have it.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was kind of joking about the Metallica thing but not really. I used to have catalogs with pages of rings with skulls on them. (Never bought any.) If I had it myself, I'd try to find out how old it is by taking it to a jewelry dealer. At least that might eliminate some of the "metallica" possibilities. If I was a jeweler I'd help you out because it's interesting. Who know's what you've got there.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The ring gives us the address:
www.geocities.com...

The page uplevel seems to be a warez page tho. The owner of the page probably just included it because its cool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join