It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Thing in Post

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK peeps here's the thread to read in this mystery.

When Whispers begin there will be omens read in the entrails, and predictions will come true.

I feel sure this is the thread we'll find some answers in

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The Whisper's curse.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

The Whisper's curse.

*shudder*

Somehow I think I'm getting close here...I'm starting to feel the heat.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
since finding this thread i've seen [color=gray]blAck, [color=gray]reWArd, and [color=gray]voId.

and now "[color=gray]-witd-" in mine lol.

Looking like it's "whispersinthedark" related.

Funny how when you try to quote it they disapear.

[edit on 10/23/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yea i just saw my first one, voId, i wounder what all of this is about?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
since finding this thread i've seen [color=gray]blAck reWArd and voId.

redmage, there is a connection here to the old WhispersInTheDark posts which date back to 2003, more and less. Also WCIP's post in BTS has a connection as well. (That would be the Enigma of the Big Black Nothing thread)

I suggest you and (the rest) do some digging on this background...my time zone is catching up to me and I'll be logging off shortly for some haunted shuteye.

good luck

[edit on 23-10-2005 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Echoes In The Darkness?

This whole business has me freaked out, and I wasn't even around for WITD.

But these sorts of anomalies bug the hell out of me.

Hack or staff prank?

I don't know. I just hope they know more about this than I do.

Now I'm Seeing It

Okay, I hadnt seen one of these until just now, in the "Whispers" thread.

The text:

a rAge oF paIn upOn tHiS plaCe

The image:

If this is a staff prank, someone has an evil sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Good luck, Majic...there's lots to get into yet.

I'm getting noddy, so cya in the morning.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeboiabe
Yea i just saw my first one, voId, i wounder what all of this is about?

Whispers has answered you Abe.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, it's either a hack or a mod job cuz "we" can't edit 2 year old posts and all of whisper's posts have been replaced with a blacked out:

a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny will know this day only one new sentinel can thee

Which basically just repeats itself with the exception of the last line "will know this day only one new sentinel can thee".

Umbrax.....are you that "sentinel"?

[edit on 10/23/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by Relentless
I just posted to a thread and noticed in the bottom of my post the following in faint gray letters.

faLinG

I had something similar happen a while ago.
It might work again.. [/qoote]

No. I remember I was quoting something and a holloween message came up.. it had something to do with 'oo'.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by riley]

your post could have meaning we didn't follow up on yet...it sounds like a good lead, riley

Is it just me imagining things or has Riley's post been edited to include spelling mistakes?

When I first read it I could have sworn their were no errors. Now strangely, two letters have been replaced by o's......the 'u' in the first 'quote' is now 'qoote' and the 'a' in 'halloween' is 'holloween'.

Riley mentions the 'oo' thing (was it last years halloween?) in his post, then his post has two 'o's added.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I wonder if it has anything to do with the blanked out thread:

"The long hard day:8/5/2003, a day in ATS infamy"

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Upon further inspection, it's a DISC thread.

[edit on 10/24/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here's one!!!! "Whispers" got someone to call the FBI on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Valhall
u2u follow:

Subject: FBI
To: Valhall
Sent: 6-8-2003 at 05:46 PM
Message: I sicked the FBI on ATS last night. I am to blame. I was trully scared by a thread that predicted the Jakarta bombing. That is why I am so surprised I am not banned at ATS. Some of my mates suspect this site is owned by either the British or American governments.

Apparently "whispers" predicted the Jakarta bombing.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Has anyone thought of putting all the capitalized letters together to see if they are a message within a message.

In mine i just got bRothER was spelt something like that, I didnt get it exact. But the capitals could spell out another message.

but great halloween mystery anyhows....

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Has anyone thought of putting all the capitalized letters together to see if they are a message within a message.

In mine i just got bRothER was spelt something like that, I didnt get it exact. But the capitals could spell out another message.

Some are trying, but when do you know that you have all the words to get all the caps/letters to decipher.

blAck and voId describe what's been done to all of WhisperInTheDark's posts pretty well, there's the "rage of pain" appearing (which is a quote from the "black void"), and there's the "-witd-" that seems to point to whisper as well.

It's apparently connected to Whisper, now it's just a question of wether it's a mod or an outside job.

I've also seen [color=gray]reWArd which leads me to believe it's an inside job/game but havn't found any rules or criteria for "winning".

[edit on 10/24/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Here ya go:

Now that's bizarre!!!

It'd be nice to know if it's an actual capture or one of WCIP's excellent digital works

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I just woke up agan... still no solution. This is clearly a game, and a very exciting one at that, and Umbrax seems to be thick in the middle of this.

Oh the intrigue...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
hey guys
caught some of the words that i didnt see captures of anywhere in the thread

the word 'pain'

the word 'solv'

also... for some reason everyones sidebar thing with their name and such is appearing super wide, so i have a scroll bar at the bottom? some sort of glitch?

nevermind about the super wide sidebar its gone now! *edit*

[edit on 10/24/2005 by McGuirk]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
im kinda new so this might not be anything but there is a hyperlink in super tiny letters at the bottom of the grey part of the pages... right above where it has the buttons for the RSS stuff. when clicked it goes to www.blacklabyrinth.com, but the page did not load for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i thought about that; the Black Labrynth, but thought it ended in a dud game. But perhaps not? the link dissapeared from the site didnt it? And now its back?
(I cant open it, browser probs)

Ii smell a rat.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join