It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leviathan....He's definetly for real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: Godthief
I am Leviathan.

Get in line.

a reply to: Tassadar

OP, what makes you think what's in the Bible is necessarily real? I mean, Celtic myth books talk about a witch, Badb, who can transform into a crow - that doesn't make it all real.

I'm getting there I like crows, they watch over kids. Maybe I could repay the crows someday. I told a crow that I was going to sit it with a bb gun over day and then found a bunch of bbs at a high place I frequented to watch sunrises. I don't duck with crows, and Mike Swole is a good friend of mine.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Apparantly he is big enough to eat Jordan but at the same time is small enough to use the shade of a small tree to keep cool.Didn't they have proof readers back then?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Apparantly he is big enough to eat Jordan but at the same time is small enough to use the shade of a small tree to keep cool.Didn't they have proof readers back then?
the Jordan river. He is so big he thinks he can drink it all. It's describing the beast's confidence.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Moby Dick and Leviathan are both characters from works of fiction. What's the difference?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have to agree with the posters pointing out the saltwater crocodile. Texts like The Bible are (arguably) symbolic, but even if we were to take the passage as genuine, it was more than likely a very large saltwater crocodile with the whole fire breathing bit and tremendous size added in to make the tale more impressive. I read a book (the title slips my mind at the moment but I have it at home so I can find it) that says that mythological dragons were actually based around Nile crocodiles.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMANNAMEDQUEST
Ok everyones sayin biological. What if this was a submarine or spaceship?
what if all those are same thing?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

misunderstood fossils could explain a lot of dragon mythology
I'm a misunderstood fossil.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here's a quote from Moby-Dick that may shed some light on the "fire breathing" aspect of the leviathan:

"Nor is it at all prudent for the hunter to be over curious touching the precise nature of the whale spout. It will not do for him to be peering into it, and putting his face in it. You cannot go with your pitcher to this fountain and fill it, and bring it away. For even when coming into slight contact with the outer, vapoury shreds of the jet, which will often happen, your skin will feverishly smart, from the acridness of the thing so touching it. And I know one, who coming into still closer contact with the spout, whether with some scientific object in view, or otherwise, I cannot say, the skin peeled off from his cheek and arm. Wherefore, among whalemen, the spout is deemed poisonous; they try to evade it. Another thing; I have heard it said, and I do not much doubt it, that if the jet is fairly spouted into your eyes, it will blind you. The wisest thing the investigator can do then, it seems to me, is to let this deadly spout alone."

And this photo of a waterfall in the light of the setting sun.

I can see ancient peopole misperceiving a Whale's spout as a flame, and definitely smoke. And, were someone to be scalded by the spout, that would be an even more convincing thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: wannabe
Why do you assume that breathing "fire" was impossible? Are you saying there are no living animals that project noxious or flammable chemicals? The skunk, or more importantly, the bombardier beetle? Come on, peeps. Every inflated story or legend has a basis in the truth. Why do you think drawings of "dragons" show them breathing fire? Conclusion: some dragons spewed SOMETHING out of their mouths.

It seems unlikely for something that could breathe fire to evolve, but perhaps something that had a fire breath attack could be 'genetically engineered.' What's outlandish then is just 'creating' the actual creature that can do it. The 'fire breath' itself could, at least in theory, be accomplished in a number of ways.

One approach that seems to me would be a good fit with a reptile type creature would be glands akin to venom glands in snakes. Have two different types of 'venom glands' which produced two different types of liquid, which when mixed in the air burst into fire. Another possibility was that the chemistry of whatever a dragon regularly exhaled as part of breathing was one of the reactants, and so only one gland would be necessary.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Then ...Leviathan is...a ..VIRUS!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: soothsayer
In the books I've read, it wouldn't be Cthulhu. As stated earlier, the appearance is all wrong.

(Then again, if God can assume different shapes, why not a Great Old One?)

Besides, against the Cthulhu idea, wasn't R'ylea (?) supposed to have been in the Pacific? The Chinese have an interesting character/ letter for the word dragon or typhoon or something... a stylized head with tentacles.

No, Leviathan definitly wasn't Cthulhu. Maybe an older, ancient Dagon?
possibly the oldest.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voidmaster
I'm up for this guy being what the Bible says he is. I've read this part of the Bible countless times and pondered what it could be. I had to come to the conclusion that this thing is an unknown species and not just a type of dinosaur. I could be wrong tho' because I was only 7 at the time and didn't have access to any large dino databases. Also the Bible's discription seems to suggest a long neck.

Job 41:22
Strength resides in his neck.

Also it seems to have some sharp ridges on its belly.

Job 41:30
His undersides are jagged potshards leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
Anyone know of a sea-faring dino with both those qualities?
I don't think that Leviathan is still around. I wish he was, that way I could go look for the guy. Somehow I think we'd have alot more trading ships going missing.
he takes in all knowledge and exposes the truth. Spreads gold across or pokes holes in the mire some translations.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join