It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leviathan....He's definetly for real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
Why do you assume that breathing "fire" was impossible? Are you saying there are no living animals that project noxious or flammable chemicals?

Hey... Flatulence (methane-flammable gas) from cattle is so plentiful many fear it is contributing to the depletion of the ozone.
All we gotta figure out is who put the flint under the cows tail and taught the beast to swim ... there's your Leviathan!

intelgurl
[after a couple of glasses of wine]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In the book of revelations I also think that leviathan is skinned by the angel ?Gabriel? and his skin is used as a tent for the righteous

But as with all biblical things, taking these literally can make things real unclear

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Leviathan - (Hebrew) the serpent out of the deeps, the sea, the west

Leviathan is one of the four crown princes of hell along with Satan,Lucifer and belial

(source: The Satanic bible - Anton Szandor LaVey)

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

But, if you pay attention to the revelation book, you will notice that Leviathan is still mentioned, called the ancient snake, and fighting The Arcangel Michael in the sky...

So, do you think that there is somewhere in the deep space a cosmic dragon...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
In the book of revelations I also think that leviathan is skinned by the angel ?Gabriel? and his skin is used as a tent for the righteous

But as with all biblical things, taking these literally can make things real unclear

The dragon is fighted by Michael, and bound by the abyss angel, APOLLYON aka ABADDON...

It's funny to notice that Apollyon is also consider like the devil or the beast -666-...another common interpretation error, because if you pay attention, the angel of the bottomless pit (I like this concept of bottomless pit !) shall bound the dragon and throw him in the abyssinal (bottomless) pit................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ..........................................................

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm up for this guy being what the Bible says he is. I've read this part of the Bible countless times and pondered what it could be. I had to come to the conclusion that this thing is an unknown species and not just a type of dinosaur. I could be wrong tho' because I was only 7 at the time and didn't have access to any large dino databases. Also the Bible's discription seems to suggest a long neck.

Job 41:22
Strength resides in his neck.

Also it seems to have some sharp ridges on its belly.

Job 41:30
His undersides are jagged potshards leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
Anyone know of a sea-faring dino with both those qualities?
I don't think that Leviathan is still around. I wish he was, that way I could go look for the guy. Somehow I think we'd have alot more trading ships going missing.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Noone has disprove him yet

Using a source other than the Bible, I would love for you to prove that he exists.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana
Using a source other than the Bible, I would love for you to prove that he exists.

So its just the Bible, eh? I've seen threads where people say they believe in Vampires and Werewolves but the same people are refusing to believe in something less mythical then those two just because its in the Bible. *shakes head* Oh well, I guess thats just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Perhaps the Kronosaurus is the Leviathan..

Kronosaurus

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
frolicking dragons.... hm . i bet it must be some sort of prehistoric dinosaur like creature , but as always , i'll believe it when i see it .
it would be cool though , maybe nessy has something to say about it ?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
Perhaps the Kronosaurus is the Leviathan..

Kronosaurus

Or maybe a regular old saltwater croc.

Saint George, the dragon slayer.

[edit on 8/7/2005 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I do believe it exsisted, although may not today.
As for a saltwater croc... no, too small, but what about super croc?
It was 50ft long.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana

So its just the Bible, eh? I've seen threads where people say they believe in Vampires and Werewolves but the same people are refusing to believe in something less mythical then those two just because its in the Bible. *shakes head* Oh well, I guess thats just the way it is.

I would like to see other sources other than the Bible being referenced. You know what I'm saying? I'd believe leviathon existed if I believed the bible to be true.

I've done some research on satanism, and leviathon was mentioned. Does it mean that I believe leviathon is real because it is mentioned on some satanic/luciferian website? No way.

So I'm gonna just let it be, and go on my way because that's the way it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

[edit on 8-8-2005 by librasleep]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The oarfish can grow up to 22 feet long and may be mistaken for a sea serpent.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
if you take the lords words literally, we are all descendents of incest (adam and eve have 3 boys and 2 girls.......) and Noah got animals from the south pole for his ark

not really worth debating, imo

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Here's another passage confirming Leviathan's existence:

leviathan is not dead. that last quote is reference to matt 4 or still hasnt happend yet. . read rev 12:9 to connect these thoughts.

[edited big quote- nygdan]

[edit on 22-8-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Leviathan is indeed one of the 4 princes of hell..

But again, Leviathan isnot a name. It is a Title (like every "immortal" name).
So when you hear 4 princes of hell, donot think of 4 personallities, or 4 spirits... donot think of the quantity, but of the titles meaning.

Leviathan is SUMMONED BY GOD, to Devour John.
That is done to show that the Lord has power over the beasts of hell, and that he can control them anytime he wants.

Now let's donot forget that whatever the bible says is symbolic...
If it wasnot, We would be looking about a beast which has 7 heads etc...

So, if you find a creature that resembles the description, then donot go like "one of those ate John, it's a demon blah blah"

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If u read just above that quote ull find:

"Consider the chief of the beasts, the crocodile."
Job 40:15
My dear chums that is the beast.

Nakor

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Nakor666]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

So, do you think that there is somewhere in the deep space a cosmic dragon...

The constellation 'Draco'--in the north star vicinity.

www.seds.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join