It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new found respect...'The Blue Angels'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I have always believed that the british 'Red arrows' display team were the best and the longest established in the world, as much to say that there wasnt even any one else that came close.....after watching a DVD last night on the American 'Blue Angels' display team i found my self eating humble pie....what an awesome group of pilots and what a team!!

Any one american on the site is probably cursing me for my initial lack of knowledge on their international display team, i apologise.....im not going to get in to a 'who is the best' thread but i really enjoyed learning the history of one of your greatest national treasures!...RESPECT!

It never ceases to amaze me how much dedication, skill and potential danger goes into tight formation display flying...not to mention the shear amount of organization.

Listening to one of the pilots talking about how much the team means to him and the commradere it generates between the crews and fans alike made me feel a bit emotional...lomg may you reign!

Blue Angels...i slaute you.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yes, they are great, the USAF Thunderbirds too. In fact you can say almost the same thing about any fast jet display team, the dedictation and skill of display pilots around the world is awesome.

I rose to the bait on a 'who's best' thread, as you do
, but really such comparisons are nonsense as they all deserve the utmost respect.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by waynos]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
True, True..
Very well put Waynos!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the video clip to "Dreams" by Van Halen.

The Blue Angels 40th Annerversary with the Skyhawks, That was favourite
music video for ages and i still get it out now and again

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yes they are the best... Awesome moves and hell of nice planes...

please comment on this thread, ...

Blue Angles vs Thunderbirds

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
After long time I finaly found it: the future of Blue Angels.........

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Come to think of it, F-35's would look extremely cool in the Blue Angels's paint job. IMO an F-14 would be the best of all, but an F-35 would be nice. On the other hand just imagine a navalized Raptor in a Blue Angels paint job. *sigh* Oh well at least the Thunderbirds might use Raptors.

But a bit more on topic, the Blue Angels really are quite amazing. I still find myself in awe that they can take jets moving that fast, get them so close, fly in such perfect formation, and do it all without crashing. That takes a very high amount of skill.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Can somebody photoshop an F-14 with blue angels paint?

This would be cool to see what they would look like

Train

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
IMO an F-14 would be the best of all, but an F-35 would be nice. On the other hand just imagine a navalized Raptor in a Blue Angels paint job. *sigh* Oh well at least the Thunderbirds might use Raptors.

The F-14 would not be a good candidate for a flight demonstration team for simple reason that the aircraft spacing would be too great. The variable geometry of an F-14 is controlled automatically, and the last thing you would want in formation is a constantly changing aspect ratio between aircraft. Most demonstrations are performed at "low" speeds, meaning the wings would be "unswept" a 62' span (as opposed to 38' for swept configuration - quite a difference) this would increase the size of the event envelope.

The F-14 is an awesome solo demonstrator, and I did see one "unofficial" low level flight demo (1986 I think) where a B-1 followed and F-14 through it's paces... Swing wing heaven.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mirthful Me you odviously have not seen the East Coast f-14 demonstrator squadron, because they do tons of moves with the f-14 and are ust as closley packed, and the break the sound barrier allot.

Also, who here wants to see an STOVL f-35 squadron? I mena the Blue angels get the f-35C, the Thunderbirds the F-35A, why not one wiht the B model?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

HI, TRY CHECKING THIS BLOG FOR MY OWN INTERPRETATION OF A F-35C BLUE ANGELS

maritime-aviationreplicas.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by matej

hi... see my own artistic interpretation of the F-35C Blue Angels

maritime-aviationreplicas.blogspot.com...

top topics

join