It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boondocks (11/6/05) "Jesus Was Black, Ronald Reagan Was The Devil, And..."

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yeah, its amazing actually.

I think the guys that run ATS should give him an honorary ATS doctorate.

Or maybe an "ATS Public Figure of the Year Award"

This stuff is in almost every major newspaper!

Is anyone in the media doing more to Deny Ignorance?
Who could get his opinions in every newspaper in every week, saying things like that. Not easy.

Genius!

Wrap the truth in a comic strip!

That's genius my friends!

Unique... Not because its merely a political cartoon...

He's actually pretty thourough and he lays down an entire premise in three cells of comic!

That is genius... That is special... That is PROACTIVELY Denying Ignorance on a broad basis!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm a (3d)comic artist myself, and i can honestly say, great cartoons
!

If this doesn't get the message acroww i don't know what will...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'd never heard of this strip until ten minutes ago, It is superb. I'm going to be keeping my eyes open for more. How long before this guy is dubbed Al Qaeda's Lord Haw Haw?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I read it everyday faithfully, but this is the first I am hearing of an actual tv show! I hope Aaron McGruder can do as our generation says and "keep it real" or at least "keep it gully".

I'm marking Nov. 6th on my calendar.
and...I miss Colonel too...ah well, peace to those in the village of the banned.

Boondocks on TV!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This looks like something us ATSers could have put together. Maybe we are too lazy? I'll be watching this, my little bro always watches adult swim so I won't have to fight him for control.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord AltmisI personally love the Jon Stewart show but this seems like dark comedy.

D'OH!!! ;lol:

But how many adults do you know that watch Cartoon Network.

I do. I'm younger than some of the Mods, but older than most

Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Family Guy are in my DVD collection. Seems that the best comedic writing of the past decade has been the sole domain of animated series.
Having a father who was always working, when he sat to watch Bugs Bunny with me as a kid and he laughed his azz off, then later Benny Hill or the Stooges or Abbot & Costello old movies, I guess I have a long love for irreverance in comedy from that.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Since packing the bong away for good and quitting my crappy job flipping burgers for $5.35 an hour I no longer find Adult Swim as funny. Although the thought of a show that could really tweak a good laughter / paranoid stone combo at the same time does sound really nifty. Since I stopped watching cartoons at three in the morning while eating Ben and Jerry's on my mom's couch I no longer have to bum gas money and only dream of a an actual date with a real live woman. There's still hope for some of you out there, other's are lost I fear. Seriously..................... PUT THE BONG DOWN, TURN OFF THE CARTOONS, ITS NOT THAT COOL ANYMORE!!!!!!!

I don't think I'm gonna watch that show. I prefer my kool-aid untainted. When I read the comic strip I get that creepy feeling like it has a "sponsored by MoveOn.org" somewhere in the shading on the badly drawn characters. It amazes me how many people will watch a half hour political commercial at three in the morning just because it's kind of funny in a novel way. Wait no it doesn't, I used to get high too!!!!! Yeah, I'm out on that show. Staying up to watch that crap makes you one step away from joining a Jim Jones type cult and heading off to Africa in my book. Oh yeah, don't forget to have a cup of that nice kool-aid for me too, ok? Puff Puff Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
looking4truth or a fight?

I'm probably not going to watch it either (at least until it hits the net), but I'm not going to be a jerk about it.

Cartoon Network's Research Director is a bitch anyway.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
looking4truth or a fight?

I'm probably not going to watch it either (at least until it hits the net), but I'm not going to be a jerk about it.

Cartoon Network's Research Director is a bitch anyway.

That's it........you caught me. You know I'm right though. NO ONE can watch ANYTHING on Adult Swim without a serious buzz. Have you seen Harvey Birdman yet? See my point? I guess Cartoon network just wanted to be more "in tune" with the political sensibilities of the Adult Swim target audience.

They should put on a show with a talking joint that reads the news, but it'd have to be the love child of Bill O'Riely and Michael Moore ............. I'd watch that.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Difficult to comment. But yeah, I've personally known much of the 'talent' on some of those shows. Writers, voice actors, various other departments.

All overaged children. This won't be in-house though. I hope.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh yes the only way to Enjoy the abuse of Meatwad by Master Shake is to be high, except Aqua Teen Hunger Force is hilarious! Same with shows like Family Guy and American Dad and Futurama, and of course RObot Chicken, the Teen Titans episode was the best with Beavis and Butthead as new Titans.

Of course the Anime, like GITS, FMA, NEG, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, so amny others are awsome!

BTW, Frylock is the best! He does so many other voices for CArtoon Network! Did you know he is the promo guy? When a commercial is playing for say, Samurai Jack, it is Frylock who does the voice "Will Samurai Jack be able to do A and defeat B to get C?" same for Powerpuff Girls and other commercials. Also does some voices for the Brak Show/Space Ghost Coast to Coast. He has been with CN fo years, back to when there were new episodes of Johnny Quest!(think he did a voice on that show to, along with others.)

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Adult Swim is marked towards adults (hence the name) 17 and up. I'm 25 and I watch it. All of my friends watch it as well and they're my age or older. Just because somethings a cartoon doesn't mean it's for kids... Kids wouldn't "get" most of the stuff on Adult Swim

Man when I was in the 6th thru what 9th now, Everyone watched Adult Swim. By Kids what do you mean becuase yeah i got it and all my friends got it pretty much every joke.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Im 38 and I watch Adult Swim all the time..I love Robot Chicken,Family Guy and ATHF

This show will be aired later in the evening and Im sure the 'masses' wont even pay attenion to this show anyways.

I cant wait for Boondocks to air!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Anyone here remember a poster by the name of "The Colonel"? He may have even been a mod if I remember right...

Anyway, he used to use the characters as his avatars.

Man I miss him blaming everything on white people and Bush... On second thought.....

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Anyone here remember a poster by the name of "The Colonel"? He may have even been a mod if I remember right...

Anyway, he used to use the characters as his avatars.

Man I miss him blaming everything on white people and Bush... On second thought.....

I just satiracly blame everything on the 'new world order'.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The debut episode is online now til the next day for free!
www.adultswim.com...

Interesting stuff. It's more story/plot based than Family Guy, but has both a qauint feel and a boiling ferocity. In the first episode the kid talks about the 9/11 coverup/pentagon tehory, some crazy thing about Regan as the antichrist, and a variety of other things.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by 8bitagent]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok, now that show just might lure me back to the TV.

Thanks for the free preview link.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I love Boondocks

Free speach at its best(or worst) or whatever.......I still love it

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
That is hilarious!!!!! Oh man that was great, loved the bulletproof vest joke, that did happen in real life though. Guy my dad worked with bought a vest, gave a 9mm to a friend and told him to shoot him. Thing was the guy didn't wait for the vest wearer to take even a step before blasting him in the chest. Guy had to go to the hospital!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I remember meeting Mr. McGruder in San Francisco back in the day when he was just in the newspaper there and I don't think he had been syndicated yet. He struck me as a really passionate and intense yet funny guy. I was only fifteen or sixteen at the time but I spoke to him for quite a while, he was a pretty cool guy. I was at a film festival I think or some sort of art thing and his comic strips were up on the wall of the gallery. I remember reading them and thinking they were hilarious but thinking there was no way in hell that these would ever be more than a local thing in San Fran. I'm very pleased to see such success come to Mr. McGruder and I wish him the best

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join