It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boondocks (11/6/05) "Jesus Was Black, Ronald Reagan Was The Devil, And..."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
"... the government is lying to you about 9/11."

That's how the commercials are being aired on prime time tv to promote the first tv episode based on the popular political comic stip The Boondocks. For those that don't know what The Boondocks is, here is some info:

en.wikipedia.org...(TV)

=====================

Boondocks Cartoon Pulled By Hundreds of Newspapers
propagandamatrix.com...

Boondocks Censored...Again
reclaimdemocracy.org...

Censored in Dallas
www.artistsnetwork.org...

------------------------------------

About the Cartoonist: Aaron McGruder
www.usatoday.com...

------------------------------------
comic strip previews:
www.ucomics.com...
news.yahoo.com...

===================================
===================================

From Banned/Censored in newspapers to aired on TV. What do you think about this show that is said to finally be airing within the next few weeks?

Good or bad? Will you watch it? Do you think it will be influencial at all in the next election? I personally enjoy political opinions if detailed enough to provide a depth of perspective.

I personally love the Jon Stewart show but this seems like dark comedy. Really blunt shock value dialogue. Should be interesting to see how long it lasts and in what direction the story is taken.

If they mention that the government lied about 9/11, what other political conspiracies will the show discuss? It should be interesting to see how far they push.

Also, I wonder how many people will protest the airing of this show. It will be on Adult Swim which is Cartoon Network at night on certain days. So anyone with general cable that carries the Cartoon Network can watch it. But how many adults do you know that watch Cartoon Network. This show is completely marketed to the younger generation.

Should be interesting.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, I can't say for a fact, but just by reading a couple of the stips just now I'd say there's going to be a massive scream of pain throughout the country.

Personally, I think he's funny. It kind of reminded me of Bloom County. But not as polite.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis

Also, I wonder how many people will protest the airing of this show. It will be on Adult Swim which is Cartoon Network at night on certain days. So anyone with general cable that carries the Cartoon Network can watch it. But how many adults do you know that watch Cartoon Network. This show is completely marketed to the younger generation.

Adult Swim is marked towards adults (hence the name) 17 and up. I'm 25 and I watch it. All of my friends watch it as well and they're my age or older. Just because somethings a cartoon doesn't mean it's for kids... Kids wouldn't "get" most of the stuff on Adult Swim

That being said, I think Boondocks is pretty funny and hopefully the cartoon will be too. It's not meant to be taken literally.... Boondocks has been banned by papers with conservative readerships but I don't think that'll happen here. Adult Swim has already shown that they don't care about offending people's sensibilities....they'll show whatever they want.

[edit on 10/22/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

And the commercial referencing the government coverup of 9/11:
enigs.xmule.ws...

Other comic strips from the Boondocks have referenced the CIA, Osama's funding, tons of Bush stuff, and one storyline where Santa Claus was an Illuminati agent bent on installing a new world order. Pretty edgy stuff for a mainstream newspaper comic strip.

I see what the creator of the strip is doing...he's pruposefully inserting activist, media and real conspiracy concerns he has amidst ovious crackpot stuff for some edgy offbeat effect; but that's the ruse...hiding the truth in plain sight. By placing this incindiary stuff sandwiched in between more out there tinfoil stuff, it makes it safe...'kooky'. But then he puts in more accepted left wing anti war, anti Bush stuff. Again, 'safe'.

I never thought I'd see the day where a cartoon referenced 9/11 as being a coverup, and I cannot wait to see what golden nuggest of edgy stuff is put in the cartoon. It's obvious he follows conspiracy theory headlines and theories.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by 8bitagent]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The top cartoon there, if you don't think that's funny, you need to get the heck outta here right now! That's a riot!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Is Aaron McGruder a member of ATS?
He seems like ATS material in those comics you posted.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Is Aaron McGruder a member of ATS?
He seems like ATS material in those comics you posted.

I've gone back and looked through a wide swath of his comics, and I am astonished how many references to proven and unknown conspiracy theories; both known and some truly underground he's put in there.

He has the usual Guerrilla News Network subversive urban media stuff in there, he has the anti new world order/Illuminati/mind control stuff in there, a hevay dose of 9/11 Truth and "acceptable leftist anti 9/11" stuff aplenty(ie: bush and oil, corruption, etc)

This guy has to be one of the first mainstream people to question if 9/11 was a government conspiracy:

The intelligence community failed. Security failed. The military failed. Everybody failed at the same time. I can be really nice to them and say, "You guys really messed up and need to check yourself." Or I could be not nice and say, "You know, I don't think it's really probable that all the systems can fail at the same time, which means something far more insidious took place." People are really afraid to get into that.

www.artistsnetwork.org...

Early December 2001, a full 3 years practically before a lot of people started even entertaining the idea of a coverup or complicity.

He then goes on in the next paragraph to lay out, much like Alex Jones did, the American history of false flag, complicity and precedent for staged attacks:

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're idiots, and not that they had something far more nefarious in mind. However, history does teach us that the government has done things like that before, particularly with Pearl Harbor, where there's an overwhelming amount of evidence that [FDR] was aware of it and lured the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor. He literally left it undefended. There's some new evidence that has just come out about the CIA planning terrorist attacks on U.S. soil in the '60s and how they were going to set up Castro for it in order to get America behind a war in Cuba. That's not even a conspiracy theory. The CIA drew up the plans, even though it never happened. So if I were to go that route, I wouldn't be crazy. But I'm not going to go that route. I'm just going to say that the American people need to be concerned about what happens here. Forget what happens overseas. That's out of your control. Be concerned with what happens here.

This is edgy stuff for a mainstream comic strip personality to be saying, especially so soon after 9/11. I have no doubt he keeps up to date on the 9/11 Truth movement, conspiracy circles and alternative media and history.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Now he just needs some group hiding behind the word "family" to boycott Cartoon Network over this so he gets free advertising on all the news, church & state networks.

Love Huey.

Miss Colonel.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
man ive overlooked this guy for a long time too. hes in my newspaper and i always read it right after dilbert. Its pretty sad when the comics have more in them than the rest of the newspaper though. The comics started out as just another black kid that was talking soley about black issues like poverty/rap , but lately hes branched out into this kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think this guy is a true player in this campaign we call "deny ignorance" and he is successfully doing within mainstream media.

Someone who has found a way to try and reach people (and help free their minds) in a manner that succefully slips under the radar, but is within the mass media.

Clever stuff.
Excellent idea.
Ballsy.
A black comic strip that exposes the sham that is "politics", in 10 sentences or less.

Very commendable!
I salute this guy!

[edit on 10/23/2005 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah TC, "That's the last time you get to say grace boy!"

Prior to this post I had never seen this cartoon nor had I been aware of it's existence. The spot-on ironic approach to the topics is hilarious.

I can see an "episode" of Dad being called into school after Huey commandeers his current events class.

Email this guy and give him a free membership here on ATS . . .
oh-yeah memberships are already free
ATS

Wouldn't it be great to see a pane such as this!?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Nice work on the ATS comic strip!! I like it!

I'm glad to see that it will be aired. I can just see fox new's Bill O'Reilly doing segments on it. And Jon Stewart running clips of it with a look of complete shock on his face. If it manages to actually get on the air, it will get tons of attention.

It will officially be the most edgy thing on television I think. Like a political verbal machine gun, each episode being just as edgy as the next.

The thing is nobody knows all the conspiracy stuff, and since most people don't get paid to actually research it, most don't. But this guy does. He is going to be talking about stuff from history that even conspiracy fans might not know. Like the following below. I didn't know that what happened in New Orleans has similarly happened before.

I read the comic strip then I looked it up to see just how valid it was and found this article. Ironically the star character of the time was also named Huey.

www.gregpalast.com...

This comic could be America's official wake-up call. The NWO if real, will have to speed up their plans!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Huey for MOd!!!!

I read Boondocks everyday and love the strip. It was great during the SARs scare when the grand dad was certain he'd come down with it. A strip that is well versed in current affairs and conspiritorial to boot has been long overdue. It puts Doonesbury to shame.

Just my thoughts. Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
One man, One voice.

If only we could apply the age old "start a job @ .01/day and double it every day for a month" adage in an effort to inform "Joe Public".

Results being 1 more informed citizen as of Oct. 23, 2005 . . . 21,474,836.47 more informed citizens as of Nov. 23, 2005. Consider the potential impact after 3 months, 6 months, 12 months. We can only hope!?

IMO the ascension of "Boondocks" from comic strip to broadcast and "AboveTopSecret" from website to broadcast are excellent signs that the average "Joe Public" is feeling discontent with what he/she is being fed by the MSM. The fact alone that support for these viewpoints has reached levels necessitating mainstream consideration demonstrates that "Joe Public" desires REAL answers to REAL questions.

Could "Joe Public" be experiencing a wake-up call?

Let's hope!

[edit on 10/23/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What won't they say?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It looks like our old friend the Colonel has finally hit it big

Either that, or he's laughing it up out there in the abyss of the banned... I bet he's pleased as punch with this entire thing.

As he ought to be, of course. I like Boondocks; it doesn't pull any punches. I can't say as I agree with Mr. McGruder on every one of his opinions, but I certainly admire the fact that he's been so successful as a mouthpiece for several rather controversial stances that don't get a lot of mainstream coverage outside of his strip.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
It looks like our old friend the Colonel has finally hit it big

Either that, or he's laughing it up out there in the abyss of the banned... I bet he's pleased as punch with this entire thing.

As he ought to be, of course. I like Boondocks; it doesn't pull any punches. I can't say as I agree with Mr. McGruder on every one of his opinions, but I certainly admire the fact that he's been so successful as a mouthpiece for several rather controversial stances that don't get a lot of mainstream coverage outside of his strip.

Totally. And again, unlike a lot of the fire and brim stone or new age "OmG the new world order is taking over" folks, he has a sense of humor about it.
I so wish I could find the strips talking about the Illuminati and the new world order, as well as other conspiracy theory stuff.

I mean I'm looking through these back strips thinking 'How the heck did they print this stuff?' This stuff is more explosive than mainstream hip hop or anything that is being said on liberal radio like Ai ramerica or comedy shows.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'll see if I can help you find those Illuminati comic strips!

In the meantime...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Never heard of Boondocks, never read it, and am now addicted to it. I can't believe the Republicans haven't sent this man to Gitmo yet, I mean he is obviously a terrorist to the republican party, exposing the members for the terrorists they are. This guy is a great cartoonist, and can't wait for AS to have the show. Hopefully on a Saturday or early on weekdays/Sunday so I can watch it.(school gets in the way of AS)

More
members.aye.net...
www.blackcommentator.com...

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Full Metal]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this is infact one of the greatest things ive seen in awhile. im definately going to watch and the comic strips are awesome lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join