It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A-22 Drops First bombs x 9

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
On October 18th the F/A-22 dropped 9, 1000 pound JDAMS at Hill AFB Utah. Five Raptors carrying 2 bombs each hit their targets directly dead on and dropped even more the next day, one hit a truck so hard the truck bounced off the ground. It was the first ever deployment for the Raptors from Langley AFB Va. This just proves that the F-22 is the most advanced and will be the most feared Fighter in the skies. There is not much this aircraft can not do. The Raptor is truly the best out there.

“Weapon’s away.”

"Those two words from Lt. Col. Jim Hecker put the 27th Fighter Squadron into the record books.”

"Hill’s Weapons Systems Evaluation Program operators verified the bombs not only hit the targets, they “shacked” them"

www.af.mil...

NR

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
well its a bomb dude of course something is going to fly off the ground, but the question is how will it withstand a possible attack from S-400? it will easily get locked on and destroyed, just tell that to your other so called stealth fighter/bombers such as B-2 and F-117 which one of them got tracked down by Rapier SAM.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The B-2 and the F-117 are strictly bombers not fighters in anyway.The F-22 has better stealth then the first Gen stealth of the F-117. A B-2 has never been shot done

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't think so, the Raptor is just way to fast, and those are GPS bombs. The F-117 and B-2 are sub-sonic anyway and I have yet to hear that they have been knocked out of the sky. If you read the story about the truck coming off the ground, those bombs were dummies,ie concrete. I know, I know, still 1000 pounds falling from the sky, just sounds awesome.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Always Trust_no1
. The F-117 and B-2 are sub-sonic anyway and I have yet to hear that they have been knocked out of the sky.

The B-2 has never been shot down but a single F-117 has been mainly do to a bunch of mistakes made in planning the mission and a lucky shot. Stealth does not make you invisible and if you fly to close enough to a radar it will pick you up. It does drastically reduce the effective range of a radar system and you fly through the gaps it creates. The F-117 is old stealth tech any way designed in the 60s-70S by the US

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
NR is living in a dream world, as is not uncommon for many of the members running around here who just love to talk about how America is doomed.

America may very well be doomed, but that has not a thing to do with the S-400, the Su-37, the SS-N-22, or any of the other 2nd class Russian hardware that every tinpot dictator in the world is rushing to buy 3 or 4 of.

The F/A-22 is good to go, and it spells big friggin trouble for anyone who finds themselves on the "business end" of it.

When America goes down, it will be because we are so passionately divided between two very similar political parties, and because the independent, free-thinking spirit of our culture is degenerating in favor of ACME 1 size fits all business solutions, made in Taiwan or China for pennies on the dollar and additionally marked down at Walmart at the expense of the workers.

Let me give you some advice NR. Iran's best bet is to sit very still, be very quiet, and wait for America either to degenerate into another Russia or advance beyond oil. You won't have any success against the Raptor, much less beat us, but with a little luck we may end up leaving you alone some day for one reason or another.

NR

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Let me give you some advice NR. Iran's best bet is to sit very still, be very quiet, and wait for America either to degenerate into another Russia or advance beyond oil. You won't have any success against the Raptor, much less beat us, but with a little luck we may end up leaving you alone some day for one reason or another.

LOOL your probably some drunken redneck complainin about everything in life including Iran, do you do it whereever you go because in every one of your posts i see Iran on it with negative remarks, anyways you wont even come close into our terriroty and last time i checked Russia rejejcted all your offers including Condeelica Rice so nice try buddy.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All right, let's get some chilling in this thread, NOW!

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
well its a bomb dude of course something is going to fly off the ground, but the question is how will it withstand a possible attack from S-400? it will easily get locked on and destroyed, just tell that to your other so called stealth fighter/bombers such as B-2 and F-117 which one of them got tracked down by Rapier SAM.

I think you're missing the point of stealth aircraft. Its not meant to defeat countries with ready access to very sophisticated technology. Its meant to reduce or eliminate losses in taking on enemies with less advanced technology which is nearly all the situations where the F-22 will be used. We will never have to use the F-22 against china or russia, in fact, we will never enter into direct convential warfare with any country with nuclear weapons.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
but the question is how will it withstand a possible attack from S-400? it will easily get locked on and destroyed, just tell that to your other so called stealth fighter/bombers such as B-2 and F-117 which one of them got tracked down by Rapier SAM.

Dude, I just love your hate on American stealth crusade.

It's histarical.

The Raptor is, without a doubt, the very best fighter/strike aircraft in the world, and nothing else is even close.

The S-400's would be destroyed before they even knew a Raptor was in the sky. Ever heard of RIVIT JOINT?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by orca71
I think you're missing the point of stealth aircraft. Its not meant to defeat countries with ready access to very sophisticated technology. Its meant to reduce or eliminate losses in taking on enemies with less advanced technology which is nearly all the situations where the F-22 will be used. We will never have to use the F-22 against china or russia, in fact, we will never enter into direct convential warfare with any country with nuclear weapons.

Frankly, what you said just is not true.

The F-117 was built as a strike fighter to slip through Russian missle defences. It would have worked through the 80's and early 90's, but now it's a 30 year old design.

The B-2 was designed as a first strike strategic nuclear bomber to penatrate Russian air defences defences. It can still do that job today.

The F/A-22 like wise was designed as an air superiority fighter able to operate over Russian airspace and deny the sky to Russian fighters. It can do that job today.

Stealth does not mean invulnerability, but it does mean a HUGE force multiplier - which is the basis of modern warfare.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by orca71
We will never have to use the F-22 against china or russia, in fact, we will never enter into direct convential warfare with any country with nuclear weapons.

I wouldn't go that far.
Just because its never being done...doesn't mean it wont be done.

I'm not talking about a China or Russia situation...But more on the lines of Iran or North Korea.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
LOOL your probably some drunken redneck complainin about everything in life including Iran, do you do it whereever you go because in every one of your posts i see Iran on it with negative remarks, anyways you wont even come close into our terriroty and last time i checked Russia rejejcted all your offers including Condeelica Rice so nice try buddy.

LOL @ your LOL!

A really lame adult film reference.

Irans best hope is to not piss off the western world, because frankly, the US can take Iran without much effort by them selves, much less with help from the big 3 in the EU.

I'd say the US can take Iran in less then 8 weeks - and I do mean less.

Mod Edit: Post Pubescent Maturity.

[edit on 23/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Watch your mouth, NR; I am a DRUNKEN REDNECK!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Apologies to you TC but AMM will chill as well. Your references are not ATS material.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Seems every thing is going fairly smoothly for the Raptor...other recent raptor updates is it has dropped a JDAM going supersonic successfully, and 50 of them have being built so far.

I really hope there numbers climb back up...at least to 300. The raptor is the most advanced...but numbers still mean a lot.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Apologies to you TC but AMM will chill as well. Your references are not ATS material.

HAHA...

You knew what I was talking about.

Sorry, I'll stop now.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I really hope there numbers climb back up...at least to 300. The raptor is the most advanced...but numbers still mean a lot.

You know, I really wish instead of throwing money at building and procuring a new interm bomber the AF would just spend that money on buying another hundred Raptors.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
LOOL your probably some drunken redneck

I'm not drunk- I've only had five beers today! As for my neck... yeah, it's red. I'm a redneck, leatherneck, grandson of a roughneck. Whitetrash Americans like myself are big on titles involving the word neck for some reason.

complainin about everything in life including Iran

I'm not much of a complainer really (and if you buy that, I'll tell you another). But why in the heck would I complain about Iran?
As far as I can tell, you don't know the first thing about military affairs, which leads me to suspect that you might be a member of the Revolutionary Guard, and I've seen you around here trying to shoot your mouth off without any ammo for the last few days and I'm having a ball at your expense. What's to complain about?

do you do it whereever you go because in every one of your posts i see Iran on it with negative remarks, anyways you wont even come close into our terriroty and last time i checked Russia rejejcted all your offers including Condeelica Rice so nice try buddy.

1. Russia's opinion is to American foreign policy as ballots are to American elections: MEANINGLESS.

2. If you think Russia is going to protect Iran, then Iran needs to crack down on drugs. Why in the world would Russia want to get itself humiliated in front of the whole world and be brought to the brink of a nuclear confrontation? Russia is a fairweather friend. They won't be there through thick and thin. That's why they're helping you with those reactors. If you get the bomb, they won't have to protect you. If you don't, they're just going to stand by calling America dirty names while Iran is being conquered.

3. If you think I'm all about Iran you really don't get out much. I happen to know a thing or two about strategy so yes, I discuss Iran often enough, but I hardly allow it to consume me. Compared to American politics, Iran hardly even makes up an appreciable percentage of what I post about.

4. If you don't like seeing mean things said about your country all you've got to do is get those backwards religious hate-mongers out of power and do a little independent thinking. We mock your leaders for the same reason we mock television evangelists in our own country. What kind of opinion do you expect us to have of a nation where college students get the crap knocked out of them by old men with sticks everytime they try to stand up for anything even vaguely resembling democracy or free thought?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The russian Bar Lock Radar can track the F-117a and B-2 - it just can`t shoot anything at it. But tracking something is half the battle

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join