It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Majic: Beginning of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Beginning of the World
I've been hemming and hawing and wanting to do a better version of this, but decided to just kick this one out. There's a story behind it which I may post to the thread.

length: 02:24
file: btsmpodcast_646.mp3
size: 2265k
feed: btsm

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
For Someone I Love

The second anniversary of the death of my Uncle John will soon be here.

I consider him one of the finest people to ever walk the face of the earth.

When all seemed lost, he was by my side.

When I first started writing songs -- at the beginning of this year -- I wrote this song about him.

I miss him.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
*clap clap* Bravo Majic! Very pretty song! Nice imaginative lyrics, and nice chorus. And as always, that great voice. You go boi.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to have to listen to this one. A complement like that from TrueAmerican really means something.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Ok I'm going to have to listen to this one. A complement like that from TrueAmerican really means something.

Lol, kinglizard, nah.... Believe me, when you're a musican, a compliment from anyone means more to the artist than most people realize. It really is amazing how so few people reply to the music podcasts, especially when the music is offered up for free. All that work, for free. The least I am going to do is show my appreciation, and I haven't gotten to much of Sauron's stuff yet, cause frankly, I do music all the time, and I really don't come here for music, per se. I am interested in current events and other subjects on the boards.

Also it appears that Sauron isn't the actual composer, so that has a bit of bearing with me. Majic on the other hand writes and sings all his stuff, so there is a bit more of a connection between us. Majic has also taken the time to listen to my stuff, and tell me how much he likes a lot of it. You can bet I make sure and reply in kind to him when I can.
Amon knows I listen, and I really enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This Time It's Personal

Thanks TA. I've felt ambivalent about the song because it's a little close to home for me.

For what it's worth, that's what my voice sounds like when I've been crying all night (back in January, when I recorded this) and can hardly hit a note because my throat's so tight.

I've tried rerecording it from time to time in the ensuing months to get a smoother sound, but I either choke up worse or sound flat and emotionless.

So well, there it is.

Musical Feedback

I know what you mean about comments, and of course I crave them as much as the next guy.

But I also know that sometimes listeners don't have much to say. I don't see that as either good or bad.

It's more along the lines of just maybe saying to oneself "Okay, that was pretty good," or "Meh. Once was enough for me."

Or in this case, where I have a strong emotional investment in the song, a listener just may not feel comfortable saying something -- especially of a critical nature (even though I very much encourage it in all cases, including this one).

I don't mind it, myself. It's all good.

As a musician, I just enjoy sending out the tunes and imagining who might end up listening to them.

I've heard back from people all over the world about some of my songs, and though I may not hear from everyone who listens to them, what I do hear is enough for me.

P.S. I need to catch up on some listening myself, and not just musicasts (including a bunch of songs from Sauron), but the "regular" ATS podcasts. I'm thrilled at how they've taken off. Now I need to listen to them!

[edit on 10/22/2005 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
woo hoo look what I found in the ATS basement, I really like this one Majic.

We have all these great musicans here on ATS it's a shame we can't promote them in some way.
Well I'm off to see if I can find some of my old podcasts.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by Sauron]

top topics

join