It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO fleet filmed over the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
So if I choose to 'see' that these are not flimsy lanterns traveling at such speeds, does that make me ignorant?
I will try to smarten up..

I never said that you were, no need to get so defensive.

What makes you think they are moving fast? It looks to me like they are stationary, or moving slowly due to wind. The only motion I see is the camera panning about. The blinking lights could be battery operated lights in lanterns, which is more likely than a fleet of UFO's.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
>>What makes you think they are moving fast? It looks to me like they are stationary, or moving slowly due to wind. The only motion I see is the camera panning about. The blinking lights could be battery operated lights in lanterns, which is more likely than a fleet of UFO's.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Case closed?

Wedding lanterns spark UFO scare
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The dates are different the lanterns were on the 23rd and the UFO fleet was on the 20th.

Good find though

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
The dates are different the lanterns were on the 23rd and the UFO fleet was on the 20th.

Nope, the story was posted the 23rd, but said the lanterns were released "last Thursday", which would be the 20th.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh I see now. Thursday the 20th.

That's got to be it then.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Bummer, seemed a good one! Never mind - at least we know the truth on that one anyway!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice find Plop

They certainly looked like lanterns except for the blinking red lights. I don't think they would use blinking lights for a wedding. That's why I was thinking it was a hoax. Maybe they weren't blinking and there was some anomaly going on with the camera?

jra

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The red "blinking" defiantly looked like a byproduct from the video camera. It didn't look like it had the greatest picture quality.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
****OFF TOPIC*****

Hey JRA!! I see your an Avid NIN FAN!!! aye!

****ON TOPIC*****

Hmm Lanterns, Must be. yep,

Anyhow, It still stands that there has been an increased activity In the uk.

I myself Have seen 2 (I say ufo's but these were Extrateretral craft)
2 monthes ago, As plain as the nose on ur face.

So don't be suprised If somthing unusual does crop up.

P.S. I have no footage of what I saw so just forget what I said.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Could this be the source of the Chile pics then? Does anyone know if air lanterns are used in South America? This one event could debunk several sightings that fit the same description. Maybe air lanterns have been the cause of more than one sighting.

I'll take air lanterns into consideration when I look at UFO's of this nature in the sky. Depending on the region and the cultures use of air lanterns it could explain a few more sightings for sure.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by Manincloak
Doesn't look overly convincing to me.

Do air lanterns flash to red though??
I think not.

May I ask what an air lantern is??
Do they travel past g-force speed?

I've watched the video a few times and I haven't really seen any landmark or reference point. The tape is very unsteady which makes it even more difficult to discern.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hello

I may be wrong, but don't buy the explanation of illuminated lanterns at all. The objects on the video don't have the same shape. The red/white blinking is too clear to be due to the camera. And the source of the lanterns explanation comes from BBC... I see a classic debunking case here.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello

I may be wrong, but don't buy the explanation of illuminated lanterns at all. The objects on the video don't have the same shape. The red/white blinking is too clear to be due to the camera. And the source of the lanterns explanation comes from BBC... I see a classic debunking case here.

Lanterns come in different shapes. The shapes of these ones are actually hard to tell because u can only see the illuminated part. They look like triangles/pyramids but this can also be caused by shaking of the camera while taking the pics.

U may also have noticed that the photos do not look like the video itself:

Do phone photographs have a higher quality than phone videos?
This can be the cause for the blinking effect. Someone should try filming a candle with a webcam at 100m distance and see what happens.

But i dont see any problem with the lantern idea. We have here a bunch of lights randomly ordered in the sky.

They form a trail from the left to the right, which could be caused by one or two people releasing lanterns, which are then taken elsewhere by the wind.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The video is (surprise!) horrible. You can't tell what is what. It's LOUSY video which is normal in the UFO world. Another waste of time.

Tom

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What?!!! No flying humanoids?!!!
Dang it!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone have an imagination anymore?

Of course it was the great pumpkin and his pumpkinettes!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
the red lights seem to flash at a normal rate for aircraft beacons, but i've never seen military aircraft fly in that kind of a formation with that many in a flight. whatever it is, they arent moving very fast (they appear to be at first, but its the jerky movements of the cameraman giving it a false sense of motion).

beats the hell out of me.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
lmao at my dumb self. i missed that there were two pages to this thread and posted before i saw the news story about the lanterns on the second page. doh!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join