It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclops born - proof that Greek gods exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by parry noid

It looks far too out of proportion to be a creation of nature.

And, your credentials are ?

My guess is

Your "guess". Hmm. Your words speak for themselves.

When any animal or plant is created there is pretty much a formula

Hmm. "Pretty much a formula". How much more definate can we get ?

Kind of reminds me of an episode of the brak show season 2 where zorak gets killed by Braks parents and they take him to merlin to fix him.

What the hell is he talking about, here ?

So confused,
Lex

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I so do apologize; truth be told I did not come in on the kitty pic nor did I read the whole thread, I followed a link from google when doing research on Patau syndrome and the picture linked to this site was that of a human fetus. I saw "toxoplasmosis" and assumed that the person posting was speaking of the human manifestations of the disease.

Your assumption that I was referring to a cat was as incorrect as my assumption that the discussion was regarding a malformation of a human specimen.

I will read the whole thread next time, I promise, Lex, lesson duly learned. Apropos, it is usually prudent to look over one's writing prior to posting in a public forum: "Might make looking cool, ok." has sufficient syntax error which may misconstrue one words and make another human being derive an inappropriate message. You wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings, would you, Lex?

Maybe "Might make you look cool, ok?" or "Might make for looking cool. OK!" or "May make looking cool cool! OK!?" or "Might make looking cool look cool, ok?"...whatever that means... What did you mean to say by that?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If thats a cat where is the rest of its head it looks more like a toy than a cat and if it is real there are genetic disorders for instance six fingers is dominent to five fingers yet i have five fingers and and so do about 6 billion other people

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've seen something like this before. This photo actually does look a little photoshopped, but I have a link here of a baby cyclops kitten.

Cyclops Kitten

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ha!

You beat me to it!
Yeah, this other pic has been floating around for a long time.
There are also some pics related to post-bomb Hiroshima, and some of the horrible birth defects that occurred in people and animals. Giant babies, single eyed infants, and other things.

It's a terrible birth defect. Nothing more than that, and definitely not impossible.
Obviously.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
thats not a cyclops, cyclopses only have one eye and the guys in that picture has 3

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

Seing as the others did say it was a still born, i don't think it mattered much to the cat whether the eye was functional.
But there was a double headed baby born somewhere in the middle east, (it had a picture- it was on msn) and it supposedly blinked all 4 eyes, and ate from both mouths. So i would think that while the eye might have actually interfered with proper brain function, as cats aren't supposed to be born cycloptic, it would have worked. What if, just what if, that's the reason or still birth in this case? -otherwise, i really can't think this as "proof" of greek gods, or any other ancient things for that matter. Why? Cyclopsia is actually a human affliction- like the conditions of having an abnormally large head (caused by a surplus of cerebrospinal fluid, expanding the unhardened fetal skull)- which people don't go calling "This baby is proof grays exist!" And the condition of babies having smaller than usual heads, though people also don't go claiming those children (whose condition is linked to down syndrome and mental retardation) are part possessed china doll, or proof of something else.
I'm not saying there aren't things "out there" like aliens, a creator (or god, godess, or many of these things as some choose to believe), or that dolls can't be possessed. I AM saying however, that biologically shelled still births are a LARGE stretch for proof that ancient sentient beings held in mythology are real.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I hope no body out there thinks greek MYTHology is real.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For what its worth greek religion and mythology is based the battle of the titans and giants.

The cyclops is thought to have originated from the discovery of mammoth fossils - the large bones were thought to be those of a giant.

The mammoth eye sockets are far back in the skull and it has a large open area for the trunk which would give the appearance of a single large eye socket at the front of the head.

Piece these together and you have a giant cyclops as per greek mythology.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
TO MATI SOU DEKATPIA!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CindyfromFlorida

shez right about the eye open an stuf. that is a baby rat. i know, im a vet.
it IS photoshopped and the eye looks plastic. as for the lips, they are probly from a monkey or something

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Im certainly no expert and couldnt tell you if its real or not, but even if it is real it appears to be nothing more than a physical deformity to me. It doesnt even have a mouth or nose. I guess you could callit a cyclops seeing as it only has one eye, but I certainly dont think you can call it proof of greek gods. Nothing more than a birth defect (assuming its real)

Dust

[edit on 8-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If all you want to know if Greek gods are real yes they are. Please read "The Lightning Thief" PLEASE and read all of it

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by CindyfromFlorida

shez right about the eye open an stuf. that is a baby rat. i know, im a vet.
it IS photoshopped and the eye looks plastic. as for the lips, they are probly from a monkey or something

you are pretty dumb for a vet. The picture has been proven to be real. The poor kitten was born with a birth defect

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
yer i have a cyclopse in my pants want to see most shizen lookin cyclopse fun but it didnt look like a cat i once saw a picture of a nine legged horse at least it was a real documented thing and papres and shizen reported it

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
moondog pritty cool post but none of em menchined that it was a cyclopose albino red eyed cat wtf lol

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plop

thats what happens when 2 cats that are brother and sister #,, you get a deformed batch of kittens with #ed up effects XD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join