It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Push Polling Base on Miers Withdrawl and Denying Doing So

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
More of the same. White House conspires, calls own base liars.

Insiders see hint of Miers pullout
MoonieTimes.com
By Ralph Z. Hallow and Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
October 22, 2005

The White House has begun making contingency plans for the withdrawal of Harriet Miers as President Bush's choice to fill a seat on the Supreme Court, conservative sources said yesterday.

"White House senior staff are starting to ask outside people, saying, 'We're not discussing pulling out her nomination, but if we were to, do you have any advice as to how we should do it?' " a conservative Republican with ties to the White House told The Washington Times.

The White House denied making such calls.

"Absolutely not true," White House spokesman Trent Duffy said.

But the conservative political consultant said that he had received such a query from Sara Taylor, director of the Office of White House Political Affairs.

Miss Taylor denied making any such calls.

A second Republican, who is the leader of a conservative interest group and has ties to the White House, confirmed that calls are being made to a select group of conservative activists who are not employed by the government.

"The political people in the White House are very worried about how she will do in the hearings," the second conservative leader said. "I think they have finally awakened."

"Absolutely false," Miss Taylor said. "Some of these conspiracy theories have risen to a new level."

And they didn't out a CIA operative either.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Some White House aides privately acknowledge astonishment at the administration's response.

"Who would have believed the wheels would be coming off this early in the second term, and with our own people firing at us?" a White House aide confided yesterday.

Oh I don't know. Everyone with a brain? I've got about 10,000 posts on here that qualify as a big fat I told you so. What you got?

That's right I forgot. You got Hustlin' Harriet.

Pre-emptive strike: And no FlyersFan, not better than Kerry. Get over it. Even when "conservatives" win, they lose. Liberalism marches on.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know the problem is trying to sell her with so many attributes that the white house just ended damaging the goods.

The biggest mistake was to tried to sell her religious views when anything else didn't work to market her goods to one side of the population. . . the moral majority, it back fire.

To bad we do not appoint judges on religion but on qualifications.

Making her sound like mother Teresa didn't work at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
She will not survived the panel inquiries they are going to tear her apart, the best thing to do is just spare the poor women the pain of it.

Now this is coming out to add more pain to the injury.

Miers' law firm profited from Bush campaign work

George W. Bush's rising political fortunes provided a windfall for Harriet Miers' law firm.

Campaign records show Bush's Texas gubernatorial campaigns paid Miers' firm $163,000 in legal fees, most of it for work done during Bush's 1998 re-election bid

I guess Bush cronies are leaving such a money trail so big that they can not shake it out of them.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 22-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Real funny, so where are the Bush Bots? Again Dems stomp on Reps. So sad, they all said... "That's not true! There are plenty of times where we won!" I asked for examples, the Bush Bots never appeared again. They are so sad, so weak, so funny to watch trying to CYA.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I admit the wheels seem to be coming off Shrub's second term. I cannot fathom bringing in a nominee with baggage but no judicial experience. I could forgive one or the other, but not both :shk:
Seems like nothing is going in the right direction in the White HOuse htese days

Funny, though, I don't remember warm fuzzy's during Clinton's terms.
Hmmm, maybe BOTH parties have worn out their welcome, ya think ?!?!?!!????

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Funny, though, I don't remember warm fuzzy's during Clinton's terms.
Hmmm, maybe BOTH parties have worn out their welcome, ya think ?!?!?!!????

He, he, I don't remember anything about the clinton administration beside the scandals.

Plus, that we did very well in our investments and had some extra money to play around.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sure, Marg, me too. But that the bankers not the politicians helping us out.
When yo all started doing a little better, they made sure the bottom dropped out.

I don't credit one prez for a good economy of blame another for a bad one.

Nut, this term is turning into a sad affair.
It will be most interesting the see what the 2006 selection does to the makeup of congress

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Nut, this term is turning into a sad affair.
It will be most interesting the see what the 2006 selection does to the makeup of congress

I agree, I feel that anybody that goes next is not going to be able to do much to fix the mess and if it tries and raises taxes it will not last more than a 4 year term because many are under the impression that taxes are all but evil, but sometimes is a necessary evil to get results faster.

The worst evil to me so far is the free ride that monopolies and big businesses are having under the present administration that favor them over us the citizens with all the pro business laws and legislation.

It's such a shame.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh the next 10 years will be sheer hell, then it'll just go downhill.

I don't care if you elect TaxCut McCutterson next time. Taxes will be raised.

We're screwed. Really screwed.

Some may argue that the pain we're about to feel was inevitable and Bush just sped up the process, but that just makes it worse. Like most conservative visionaries he just can't see past Christmas.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It doesn't matter who comes next already has been bought by big interest and they will do what they have been pay to do.

Our government is so corrupt that the entire political system is not longer for the public.

People in American has been brainwashed as to see the government as the best thin next to God due to the constitution.

Many fail to see past that fact meanwhile our government has been corrupted by outside interest.

We are no longer at the top of the list of priorities in this country and in our politicians mind, but their minds are on who is going to pay the most money for them to do the favors.

new topics

top topics

join