It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STS-80 Formation Over Africa

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd like to see the videos the Op posted also.

Anyone know where duplicates of those videos are?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Does anybody plan to go ask the STS-80 astronaut about the video the thread is about?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I'd like to see the videos the Op posted also.

Anyone know where duplicates of those videos are?

It was most likely this video in the OP -

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting link. Aside from studying the objects, I was fascinated by a study of the ferocious attacks on one poster who proposed a logical prosaic explanation. How many different fantasy-facts and spaceflight misunderstandings can we catalog in just these four responses?

Moronantidote: No, you can't clearly see anything of the sort, because the camera is a visible spectrum SIT Vidicon tube type. Guessing is not evidence
Believer 1: Your brain is pure rubbish. Live in ignorance fool, this video prove we aren't alone. I'm not debating with you, because the debate is over, we aren't alone in our Solar System or the Milky Way galaxy. There is E.T. residences here on Earth, the Moon, Mars & through out Solar System. Skeptics (you) will just join the gathering mass suicide crowds, when disclosure take place. lol
Believer 2: I don't care what software you have written, to keep arguing that these objects are just ice & debris, is pure nonsense. So, maybe you do understand orbital mechanics, but you're just using NONSENSE, because you can't accept the reality of E.T. visitation. You won't know what evidence was if it had bitten you in the ass. I use LOL, because it's simply hilarious the, nonsensical explanations you give, because you can't accept the E.T. reality. That's what got me cracking up.

Believer 3: Oh yeah, the cameraman is really interested in ice & debris, he really spending all this time looking at ice & debris that are performing step like patterns of motion while tracking the shuttle, emitting UV energy signatures similar to the UV signatures of lightning in clouds on the video. NONSENSE! lol Pure NONSENSE! LOL

Believer-4: That's nonsense, it's no damn ice particles, these objects are very far(maybe 50 klits) from the camera & they move independent of the Earth's gravitational field's influence. Ice particles or debris can't make those kind of motions you see here(going up & down, keeping distance in tracking the space shuttle as they slow retreat in the distance) If these objects was ice and debris a few mm in diameter, they will go out of focus when the camera man zoom in on them; they are far

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Thanks for the link!!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Thanks for the interesting link. Aside from studying the objects, I was fascinated by a study of the ferocious attacks on one poster who proposed a logical prosaic explanation. How many different fantasy-facts and spaceflight misunderstandings can we catalog in just these four responses?

The bottom line on this subject is that any time that a camera zooms it is to magnify distant objects. I cannot see any logic in zooming to what allegedly are nearby ice crystals, debris, etc. Someone somewhere, looking at what the camera was viewing got interested and decided to investigate.

Find and interview that person as to why the camera was moved around and isolated certain white objects by zooming in.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's a new posting of a recent comment by Musgrave on the STS-80 UFO story.

Can anybody help transcribe this, I'm having a hard time figuring it all out?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I am the UFO astronaut, and I take it dead serious. And I'm an incredible genius at analyzing what you can see and how it's going to look if it is there to see, and what stuff is, so I work incredibly hard at that. I do the MUFON conference every two or three years and they love me. But you know my take on it is, I've already said, there's a trillion planets out there that got life on it at least, and there's uh billions or hundreds of billions with a very advanced evolutionary strain, and I would guess there's billions that are doing interstellar travel. My own interpretation of the evidence is it hasn't been here yet. Now I'm very careful about saying, "my interpretation." I wasn't there for that abduction, I wasn't there for this. So I'm careful to say, my experience and my interpretation [coughing]. Uh but, like I said MUFON asks me now and then, they love what I've got to offer, I am so serious about the fact that it's everywhere out there, but I'm so serious I might becoming a super expert on how to look for and what you can see, and the interpretation of those things that you can see. And so um, the fact that I take that so seriously is the UFO people love me, even though I disagree in some ways from them because I happen to be an evidence-based person. But I'm careful to say, the experiences that I have had, I'm not saying you didn't have them, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I need to have the experience. So STS-80 was a well known one, but it depends now... when I take a video and I'm looking at stuff and it's a hundred feet away, the video that gets out there, the reader comes back doesn't know how far away the objects were. And a lot of that stuff they put it a thousand miles away. Well the videos I took of stuff is 40 feet outside and I know it came from me, if you say it's a thousand miles away you are into a very significant phenomenon. But it's not a thousand miles away. It's right here. I also look at trajectories. Every object I look at, I look at its trajectory to tell me if it came from me. Because if it came from me and no external thing touched it, I can simply trace its velocity back to me. There it goes, it came here. So there's stuff like that, and at times I'll say "that thing came from nowhere." Except I know why it came from "nowhere." There's the sun back there and the massive, the massive shuttle is behind you, it casts a huge shadow but you can't see a shadow. There's no way to see a shadow, there's nothing to shadow. Unless you have an object, you can't see a shadow. So the shadow is covering up the object. And it moves out of the shadow and pop, guess it came from nowhere. Sure it did. Or it split off into pieces and now you've got a piece reflecting a surface with the sun. So it looks like it came from nowhere. And so you've also got to understand the orbital mechanics. That's a thousand miles away but we're flying alongside, we're flying with it. Well why would they be doing a constant rocket burn forever? The difference in orbital mechanics, it's that, you know, if it's a hundred miles below me, it's a massive amount of gas you've got to use to stay with me. You're in a different orbit, and if you're out of plane with me - but anyway, that's the kind of thinking that I do. I have flown more satellites than probably any human on earth. I flew with two satellites that we had on STS-80. And so I studied them, I was like, there's a satellite, y'know, how do I see it, when do I see, what's the orbital mechanics if I'm going to get that satellite back. If we release it it pulls that way, get it back, what's it look like. Orbital mechanics, and so I take it dead seriously in terms of out there what can you see and what's this debris stuff made of. But the debris is fantastic, and so... It doesn't have - I'll say it, I'm not saying we haven't had visitors, I'm not saying we won't have visitors, but if you look at STS-6, Challenger's first flight, and so, in the manufacture of things tools fall behind compartments where you can't get to them. You say, "well that wrench fell, you've got to go get it." "I can't get it." How much of the spacecraft do you have to tear apart to get at it? It went, back there, so you don't go back there. But the incredible vibrations at launch, which are not nice, vmmmm, so everything is vmmmm. And all of the sudden you throttle back to 60% and zheaaa, zero g. Hey you want to break something out? Shake the hell of out it and pop it in zero g and it'll float out. You want to get something out? It's out. But the other little experiment you can do to make that point, is how about a gallon milk jug. And zero g you put a screw in it, that screw will get out in no time. So you got a gallon milk jug and you put a screw in the jug, how long does it take to find its way out? There's always some motion, it's not pure - it's not zero g anyway, it's a free fall condition to be physically correct. But, you just watch that screw bounce around like brownian motion, it's not brownian motion, but you watch it and it will come out through the hole. So on the launch vmmm let's all bouncing around zheeeaaa, zero g, what, if it's going to get out it gets out. So on Challenger's first flight, which I was on so ok right straight from the factory so to speak, in terms of the debris, I opened the doors and then God so help me it's home depot coming out. [Laughter] I'm not talking about washers nuts and bolts, I'm talking about whole tools [Laughter]. Hey man, this is slightly embarrassing, omg. Now you watch this going down, and of course the physics is beautiful because it's got its own rotation, and you see the trajectory unless, newton's second law, something touches it it's going to go. And then but then in and out of the shadow and other stuff is bumping into other pieces and breaking but anyway you got home depot out there but home depot is fine when it's thirty feet away. But I guarantee you, when home depot is a hundred or two hundred feet away and you got a washer that big, you know what that is, so, but I'm watching it go, but it's ok. So I'm just saying that is a quick look at how I, what I do, with physical phenomenon how dead serious I take that world. To understand what it's going to look like, how you're going to see it, what's gonna happen, and what are the sources. Now with every subsequent flight, I did fly on every single shuttle, I flew on Challenger again. And when the shuttle program progessed, it got to my last missions now, not one single thing. So Kennedy is unbelievably clean. So on the later flights, I flew on Columbia, not one single object, not one screw not one washer, they were totally clean. [Audience: The first time they were all around you outside the vehicle] No, the first time they were everywhere. Yup. The debris. [Audience: Not inside] No, they were inside too. There was a bunch of # inside too. [Laughter] Inside's Home Depot too!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious

www.youtube.com...

I am the UFO astronaut, and I take it dead serious. And I'm an incredible genius at analyzing what you can see and how it's going to look if it is there to see, and what stuff is, so I work incredibly hard at that.
snip

I'm glad he got his ego thing off at the beginning! He mentions STS-80 but not an analysis and he has been shown reacting to the video where the huge white orbit materializes out of the clouds and drifts...

If I'm not out of line, he sounds like a nut!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Super thanks for the transcription of his chain-of-consciousness ramble!! I'm guessing you copied it from here? dropcanvas.com...

He is known for his energetic free-roving intellect and he enjoys stretching the minds of his audiences, as here. It makes a lot of sense to me since orbital motion was my specialization in Mission Control but I can guess how weird it sounds.
edit on 2-10-2014 by JimOberg because: original link for transcript

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious...He mentions STS-80 but not an analysis and he has been shown reacting to the video where the huge white orbit materializes out of the clouds and drifts...

He addressed that kind of video directly when he talked about stuff he could see was 40 feet away that video-watchers thought was hundreds of miles away, and also his specific discussion of the shuttle's shadow and what nearby stuff looked like when it popped out of the shadow into sunlight. That was exactly the 3-D geometry of the camera view on that sts-80 video, but ufo investigators never realized it, or if they did, they concealed it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
From the same mission -

STS-80 "Smoking Gun" clip UNCUT

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I am the UFO astronaut, and I take it dead serious. And I'm an incredible genius at analyzing what you can see and how it's going to look if it is there to see, and what stuff is, so I work incredibly hard at that.
snip

I'm glad he got his ego thing off at the beginning! He mentions STS-80 but not an analysis and he has been shown reacting to the video where the huge white orbit materializes out of the clouds and drifts...

Actually he mentions why that happened on STS-80.

So there's stuff like that, and at times I'll say "that thing came from nowhere." Except I know why it came from "nowhere." There's the sun back there and the massive, the massive shuttle is behind you, it casts a huge shadow but you can't see a shadow. There's no way to see a shadow, there's nothing to shadow. Unless you have an object, you can't see a shadow. So the shadow is covering up the object. And it moves out of the shadow and pop, guess it came from nowhere. Sure it did. Or it split off into pieces and now you've got a piece reflecting a surface with the sun. So it looks like it came from nowhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Super thanks for the transcription of his chain-of-consciousness ramble!! I'm guessing you copied it from here? dropcanvas.com...

He is known for his energetic free-roving intellect and he enjoys stretching the minds of his audiences, as here. It makes a lot of sense to me since orbital motion was my specialization in Mission Control but I can guess how weird it sounds.

Yes, dropcanvas is the source mentioned by Astronomy Live, the video uploader.

He obviously would be fun to listen to live but all of the time that he is speaking he is probably the only person in the room that has the accompanying mental images. The rest of us ground-bound would have to construct images that may be foreign to his.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

www.youtube.com...

snip

So there's stuff like that, and at times I'll say "that thing came from nowhere." Except I know why it came from "nowhere." There's the sun back there and the massive, the massive shuttle is behind you, it casts a huge shadow but you can't see a shadow. There's no way to see a shadow, there's nothing to shadow. Unless you have an object, you can't see a shadow. So the shadow is covering up the object. And it moves out of the shadow and pop, guess it came from nowhere. Sure it did. Or it split off into pieces and now you've got a piece reflecting a surface with the sun. So it looks like it came from nowhere.

He really does NOT explain the huge white orb that materializes out of the clouds, drifts left and eventually looks like it pauses. What he is describing above could apply to any white object.

Below are my edited comments I copied from another UFO forum back in 2007 in response to comments from Jim Oberg.

In the TV documentary - UFOs UNCOVERED - OUT OF THIS WORLD - which I taped on March 7, 2000, a segment is dedicated to some of the STS-80 anomalies. Astronaut Story Musgrave, probably at his home, is shown the footage from STS-80 on a TV and he comments on the "strange shape" which is not really a strange shape, it is circular with a center "hole" and it looks huge or if it's really small it is has a white envelope surrounding it making it look huge (more on this below).

Story: "I don't know what it is. Whether it's a washer, debris, ice particle, I don't know. But it's charateristic of the thousands of things which I've seen. What is not quite so charateristic, it appears to come from nowhere. You would think that even if it's facing the dark side or facing a side towards you which is not reflective sun, you think you would see something there. That one is really impressive!"

If he can't tell the difference between a washer, debris, ice particle, then he needs glasses. But, regardless, he thinks "That one is really impressive!"

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

snip

He really does NOT explain the huge white orb that materializes out of the clouds, drifts left and eventually looks like it pauses.

Yes, he does. It emerged out of the shuttle's shadow. As it gets farther away from the orbit the lateral velocity can appear to "slow" partly because of the orbital mechanics of the situation, and partly because of the effect of increasing distance.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Story: "I don't know what it is. Whether it's a washer, debris, ice particle, I don't know. But it's charateristic of the thousands of things which I've seen. What is not quite so charateristic, it appears to come from nowhere. You would think that even if it's facing the dark side or facing a side towards you which is not reflective sun, you think you would see something there. That one is really impressive!"

If he can't tell the difference between a washer, debris, ice particle, then he needs glasses. But, regardless, he thinks "That one is really impressive!"

Again, look at what he actually said to me in context.

So there's stuff like that, and at times I'll say "that thing came from nowhere." Except I know why it came from "nowhere." There's the sun back there and the massive, the massive shuttle is behind you, it casts a huge shadow but you can't see a shadow. There's no way to see a shadow, there's nothing to shadow. Unless you have an object, you can't see a shadow. So the shadow is covering up the object. And it moves out of the shadow and pop, guess it came from nowhere.

I'm sure the creators of the show you taped heard him talk about the orbiter's shadow at some point, they simply selectively edited it. No, he doesn't need glasses, you can't tell the difference between any of the things he listed at that kind of distance from the orbiter. They all would tend to look like bright point-light sources.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Yes, dropcanvas is the source mentioned by Astronomy Live, the video uploader.

That would be me, by the way, and thank you to Jim for informing me of this discussion.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

snip

He really does NOT explain the huge white orb that materializes out of the clouds, drifts left and eventually looks like it pauses.

Yes, he does. It emerged out of the shuttle's shadow. As it gets farther away from the orbit the lateral velocity can appear to "slow" partly because of the orbital mechanics of the situation, and partly because of the effect of increasing distance.

This is filmed in IR there are no shadows to be seen.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

www.youtube.com...

snip

This is filmed in IR there are no shadows to be seen.

LOL! No sir, the laws of physics do not magically cease in infrared and shadows do not magically go away just because you're looking at the infrared part of the spectrum. I can shoot video in infrared too, and yes, shadows still exist in infrared. Would you like to shoot a video for you in infrared showing you some shadows? Or will you just move the goalpost and continue to claim shadows do not exist in infrared?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join