It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfeld & Gilead Sciences!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here is a quote directly from the United States Department Of Defense Website:

"Until being sworn in as the 21st Secretary of Defense, Mr. Rumsfeld served as Chairman of the Board of Gilead Sciences, Inc., a pharmaceutical company."

www.defenselink.mil...

This means Bush happened to select Cheney from Haliburton and happened to select Rumsfeld from Gilead Sciences.

What is Gilead Sciences you ask?

From Motley Fool on October 17, 2005:
"The major winners now are companies that have developed antiviral drugs known as neuraminidase inhibitors. These medications may help reduce the severity of avian flu.

The most popular is Tamiflu, created by Gilead Sciences (Nasdaq: GILD) and Roche Holding. The Boston Globe recently reported that U.S. sales of the treatment are eight times higher than they were at the same time last year; internationally, more than 40 countries have placed orders for the medicine. The most recent financial data available for Tamiflu are impressive. For the first six months of the year, sales were $449 million versus $255 million for all of 2004."

www.fool.com

What do you think? Potentially the world's worst pandemic of our lifetime just happens to have it's main drug cure created and developed by the company that U.S. Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, use to be the Chairman of the Board for.

What do you think about this?

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Lord Altmis]
mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 22-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
good sleuthing.
no surprise. there is a lot of talk about forced vaccinations going around.
evil sobs.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's nothing to worry about, just the man in black and the world moving on.

Roland, Randal, Rumsfeld... just follow the beam and all will be well.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
just reaganomics at work here, nothing more. they'll pass the riches down to the rest of us as soon as their vaccines kills half of us off...

just one question, it they force me to take the vaccine and then I experience some bad side effects....(the bird flu for instance..
" well will they be willing to pay the medical bills involved with the side effects. will I have to pay for the vaccine? because, well, I still have more urgent, not to mention real, health issues I can't afford to take care of. the flu of any kind is way down on my list of priorities.

the link to the white house is interesting though...and explains alot!!

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read it. For those not in the know, Gilead is the hometown of the main character from Stephen Kings "Dark Tower" series. Pure coincedence, but it still struck me.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That's right, it's just pure co-incidence. There is no SuperFlu, there is no Gilead.

I'm not going to worry about it, just kick back with an ice cold Nozola and read the rest of today's posts.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
just one question, it they force me to take the vaccine and then I experience some bad side effects....(the bird flu for instance..
" well will they be willing to pay the medical bills involved with the side effects. will I have to pay for the vaccine? because, well, I still have more urgent, not to mention real, health issues I can't afford to take care of. the flu of any kind is way down on my list of priorities.

nope they just passed a bill that will keep the pharmasuetical companies safe from lawsuites. wecomeinpeace has a nice op/ed here about it all.

Behind a pale H5N1 horse...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
cnn Money

Rumsfeld served as Gilead (Research)'s chairman from 1997 until he joined the Bush administration in 2001, and he still holds a Gilead stake valued at between $5 million and $25 million, according to federal financial disclosures filed by Rumsfeld.
What's more, the federal government is emerging as one of the world's biggest customers for Tamiflu. In July, the Pentagon ordered $58 million worth of the treatment for U.S. troops around the world, and Congress is considering a multi-billion dollar purchase.

Much more in the article. This is enough to make even the most loyal BushCo supporters to see the errors of their ways, isn't it?

:shk:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The current administration is all about helping it's rich and powerful friends while screwing the majority of Americans. It is not about Republicans being bad and Democrats being good. All professional politicians are liars and con men who need to watched over every minute.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
We all should worry for sure now,Can we say brid flu for sure?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Funny how the news doesnt tell,the world who owns the rights to this flu shot?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

And a'will be well; and all manner of things will be well...

They've all forgotten the faces of their fathers.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Amen brother...

this is just TOO FUNNY...

i couldn't have written a more DEVASTATING connection in a fictional story...
and the fact that this is true and credible is a big "OH, NOW I GET IT"

So... I guess i dont have to worry about bird flu now... unless these evil bastards will propagate the virus... to boost sales...

and they dont want to know what i will do if they do that...
they really dont want to see what will happen if they go there...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I may be showing my age here but does anyone else remember the 'Great Swine Flu Scare' of '76? And the vaccination program that went with it?

It just seems so darn similar. Heck, you guys even have the same Secretary of Defense as you did last time.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am sure they have the virus and they will use it. It's called "population control". I can't believe the Bush supporters are for real. If it was just one thing, then maybe, but with all the things that he and his cronies are doing to this country, who can be so "naive"? I wonder what they will have to do before his faithful followers see the truth? It seems that an excuse can be found for anything, murder, torture, extortion, treason, and now this! I will not take the vaccine or the ID card. They will have to kill me first, and most likely will.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Cindy... it is called "too bad to be true"

much like the vs version... it is what makes people so hard headed when looking at these blatant abuses...

they just can't beleive that someone that could get elected (actually stole it)
would be capable of such underhanded things...

afterall... the only former experience many people have with corruption and evil is the hollywood mafia movies... and Bushco just doesn't have the big shoulders, bent noses or big jowls to set any alarms off...

Even I... hard and determined independent ,still find all this hard to believe...

wasn't anybody watching the chicken coop?
hell the foxes are still in there cleaning the bones...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
hi folks, first post here for me. the rummy/ gilead connection is very old news. he made 2-4 million today. it's his turn. cheney got his with hal/krb, bush and his oil. they could inject a dead seagull with bird flu and toss it on a florida beach, the stock would go up 40%. maybe we should all buy stock?
it isn't a conspiracy if it is out in the open, people just are not interested... j

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
1. Tamiflu doesn't work on H5N1 - the death rate was 70% with Tamiflu treatment. 10 times the normal dose sometimes works, BUT:

2. Tamiflu is associated with behavioral and psychotic reactions, hallucinations and a few other choice side effects. Only Japan publicizes these known possible side effects.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Good ol'Rummy and his straightshooting. He's earned that chunk of change for sure. With all of the open discourse he has with the American people, surely he'll address this at his next press conference! I can't wait!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think at the very least, he ought to be barred from making money, since there is an obvious conflict of interests...

I wonder what people would say, if they discovered that george bush owned a company that manufactured nuke shelters? and that they were ramping up production massively?

hummmmm

top topics

join