It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What books would make good Videogames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My short list goes like this(in no specific order):

Wheel of Time RPG ( NOT FPS
)

Hyperion Series

Ender's Game

Runelords

That's all I can think up now. What idea's do you guys have?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Soemthing based off the dragonlance novels would be cool. (really they are a bit of a tokien spinoff though)

I'm still waiting for Louis L' Amour's "The Walking Drum" to become a movie, but a video game made out of it would be pretty sweet too.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wizards is currently pushing their new world Elderon or whatever its called, they made many many Dragonlance games back in tha day, but the Graphics left well quite allot to be desired
They were GREAT games though. I'm looking for things that have not been done but I do agree that a Dragonlance game with today's graphics technology would be something to see.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentlonewolf
I'm still waiting for Louis L' Amour's "The Walking Drum" to become a movie, but a video game made out of it would be pretty sweet too.

Not familiar with that one will have to check it out

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Come on people! Who is the *best* conspiracy theory writer out there?!?

Lets turn David Ick's books into video games! That is the best thing for them! His books are already wild enough to be video games and it might lend some credibility back to us theorists if he quit writing books.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the Left Behind series would make and excellent video game especially if you could choose to be different characters

I heard there is a similar game coming out called Armageddon. Hopefully it will hit the consoles. I saw an article about it in GamePro.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by alternate]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Let's see here...

If given the opportunity, I'd like to see Piers Anthony's "Battle Circle" trilogy made into a game... maybe an RPG based on Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's "Illuminatus!" trilogy...

And I'd still love to see a game that does the Lord of the Rings books justice

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would like to see a Harry Potter based RPG. Not the cheapo action/adventure kind thats out now. I mean the good old fashioned, character building, dungeon exploring RPGing that we all know and love. The concept would be you make a student, and yeah... go to class, learn stuff, have your own little side adventure. With all the imagination put into Harry Potter, and all the mysteries of Hogwarts there's a lot of potential for fun and depth not seen in most games.

Another idea would be something based on Jennifer Government. The concept of the book is that corporations have taken over most of the world. And yeah, Nike has an interesting marketing scheme. I think that it has a lot of really cool possiblities to it. Don't deny it, you've always wanted to crash a tank with the Microsoft logo into a McDonalds. Or something along those lines.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I reckon a good humourus rpg on a discworld novel would be good especially if it involved Rincewind.Now i know there where some games made early on but i reckon a free roaming 3-d adventure like the grand theft auto series set in Ankh-Morpork would be the best game ever

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I gotta agree with obiwan15. Discworld GTA style would rock. Also the "ashes" series by william w johnstone would make a good RPG

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The original 1896 H.G Wells 'The War of the Worlds'

I know some guys who are doing a Battle Field mod of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Uhhh i think the halo books would make a good game

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Tom Clancy converted many of his novels to excellent games.

Jim Marrs' books would be a good base for a conspiracy type game as well...!

DIE GREYS! DIE!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
The original 1896 H.G Wells 'The War of the Worlds'

I know some guys who are doing a Battle Field mod of it.

Hell yeah. Like an RPG or something. However defeating the tripods would just be a case of sneezing on them!

join