It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian MP Calls Bird Flu “American Provocation”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Russian MP Calls Bird Flu “American Provocation”

A deputy of the ultranationalist Liberal Democratic faction of the Russian State Duma, Aleksei Mitrofanov, has said in a parliamentary speech that bird flu was invented by Americans who wanted to dominate the world’s poultry markets.

“There is no such thing as bird flu, just as there is no AIDS, tulip or mad cow disease,” Mitrofanov was quoted as saying by the Rosbalt news agency.

“It is a provocation by Americans. They want to eliminate all chickens in Europe so that we have to import ’Bush’s legs’,” he said. “Bush’s legs” is a Russian saying for deep frozen chicken thighs massively imported from the U.S. under President George Bush Sr.

Mitrofanov suggested that the State Duma invite Agriculture Minister Aleksei Gordeyev to discuss the bird flu problem, but the initiative was not supported by his fellow parliamentarians.

Actually, I have read much on conspiracy theories associated with Tyson's Foods. I get the sense this is what this guy was talking about.

I haven't really seen this discussed here before, so thought I'd throw it out there.

I, for one, remain skeptical of the whole matter.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well he does say that there is no such thing as mad cow disease or aids so I'm very skeptical though not completely out of the realm of possibility. One point I do want to quickly make is that large industrial factory farms' livestock are very suseptible to disease with the living conditions the way they are. Even having a vaccine prepared for the livestock, they cannot gaurantee that their own birds will not be wiped out due to this. It just wouldn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I am wondering if this "American Provocation" language is in retribution for the whole "meteorologist claims Russian scientists caused hurricane Katrina" issue.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wouldnt give much credit to what this person says except for the BSE issue. While it is not man made (in my belief) the united states did use it to their advantage against canada.

(protectionist groups keeping the border closed after it was deemed safe)

Also cattle found to have bse in canada was on the farm of a former united states citizen.

After the case was found the man fled the farm. And the country.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
An interesting coincidence is that until being sworn in as the Secretary of Defense; Donald Rumsfeld served as Chairman of the Board of Gilead Sciences Inc., a pharmaceutical company, responsible for antiviral drugs known as neuraminidase inhibitors (the most popular being Tamiflu) which may help reduce the severity of the "avian flu".

They're having a great fiscal year just like Halliburton is.

Hmmm......high ranking millitary guy, drug company, he wouldn't have access to elements of biological warfare....would he?

Just out of curiousity, what have you heard regarding Tyson Foods?

[edit on 10/22/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
There is no AIDS ??? You got to be kidding me, anyone that knows someone personally that has AIDS knows that is the biggest load of bunk ever. Man I know some pretty good actors if there is no such thing as AIDs they took their hoax pretty serious seeing that they died.

With a statement like that I cant believe anything eles this guy has to say.

top topics

join