It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the US dollar in freefall and the US government keeps spending like NO TOMORROW.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Over the last few months I have been noting with interest the rather strange behaviour of America's politicians. Not in their everyday activities but in the complete ignorance of whats going on with the US currency.

The US deficit is at roughly 7.2 trillion and growing and has the belt been tightened, no. Major companies and other countries are bailing out of the dollar into Euros.Recently Bill gates has dumped the dollar and hes no fool when it comes to money. Iraq is costing millions, Afghanistan costs Dollars, etc, etc.

So when is the Dollar train going to come to a halt, have they increased taxes or come up with plans? I could go on for a while about exports not matching imports etc. My point is does the government of the US know something we dont. In my opinion they do but i dont want to go down the road of Armageddon.

What possible conspiracy are the money men working and why? Thats the question...........Any answers or ATS members putting me in my place welcomed?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well most stubborn headed an mind control zombies walking around are telling u it ain't going to happen..... But there are signs . Words to the wise get out while you can

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
While I agree they do not seem to be acting towards the correct direction, I would caution you to believe that no matter what, the government cannot make any sudden moves in regards to this issue. To do so risks having the bottom fall out, expect any repair efforts to happen slowly and in the background.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have to admit that the governemnt is spending money as fast as possible without seemingly any desire to show restraint. Take the war in Iraq, The storm damage, the planned nasa stuff, the tax cuts etc etc

I wonder if money is the bandaid for other other issues and problems, and that the current politicians realise that they can only spend their way out of the falling polls regardless of the long term cost to the country.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
they are spending like there is no tomorrow!! think maybe they know something that we don't, like there isn't a tomorrow!!

I still think that the economy was blown back in the 80's and 90's. they've been just juggling it, making it appear to be afloat. then well, when it became more obvious that we were going down, well, they worked it out so that a new power (china and asia--all that nice technology being snuck over to them while we watched the Monica sega evolve!!) would be there to take our place....
then well, the demise of the USA, nice little war, we lose, we become the "bad guys"..., .China takes the throne becomes the economic power just like we did after the last economic collaspe. all nicely orchestrated..

[edit on 21-10-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Man,

I was just getting a grip on Spanish. Now I have to learn Chinese?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How about prelude to attack....... Destabilize the currency and then invasion!!!! Would be funny trying to get the likes of france n germany to send troops to support there pal the USA. It would keep the anti USA brigade happy though. Free America. Down with the Evil Canada/Mexico Pact. LOL And IntelRetard its easy to speak Canadian eh!

(for those of you without a sense of humour i do know canada and mexico dont have this capability, just put it down to British sense of humour thanks)

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the current US government is favouring an economic policy known as Reaganomics.

Basically, the theory suggests that whenever you are in financial troubles, you are supposed to invest more money in order to fix that.

Puzzling?
Well, yes. I think it's an incredibly stupid policy. But then, I've never really understood economics, anyway. All I know is that if I were in dire financial straits, struggling to meet house payments, car payments, credit card payments, bills, etc etc, I would NOT decide that was the time to buy a Harley and a Hummer to drive around. I'd sell my car, cut unnecessary services like TV and such, in an effort to balance my budget. The government, while on a much larger scale than my household, should ideally work on the same basic principle, i.e. don't buy more than you can afford.

As for WHY the US gov't is doing this, I have no idea, unless they are either totally incompetent, or have something really sneaky going on. From what I know of Bush, it could be either one.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

What possible conspiracy are the money men working and why? Thats the question...........Any answers or ATS members putting me in my place welcomed?

Think you answered your own question, they are spending like no tomorrow because they see no tomorrow. It's all in prepartion for global war and debt be damned.

Adam Smith is rolling in his grave too.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Individuals could help somewhat by buying products made in America over foriegn ones if they are both of similar quality. Another thing that would help the trade deficit is buying a more fuel efficient car because I'm sure oil imports make up a large part of the US trade deficit. As for government spending, only the government can fix that and for the US it would be very easy to cut back on expenses. I would start with the $400 billion military expenditure if i was a US president looking to cut back spending. You couldn't cut back on what is needed for Iraq just yet but I'm sure there are lots of other areas that don't need to be at cold war spending level. However if they do cut back on spending they are going to piss people off, it's like that game crisis at the kremlin where the KGB assasinates you if you don't spend enough on military
well not quite but I know from these forums that many Americans would not take kindly to a government that cut back on military spending and even less would support a government that raised taxes.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Sabre262]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do you have any idea what you're talking about??

Since the first of theyear, the dollar versus say, the EURO has gone from 1.3500 (euro's per dollar) to Friday's close of ~ 1.1955.

Some of us have made killings by shorting the Euro, and buying dollars. That's why you don't hear about the "dollar free-fall" any more.

Absolute killings.

Not that we aren't reaching a mid-term high point at which a lot of traders will be jumping into the short side of the greenback.

But the dollar has been a steady money-maker for the past 10 months now.

So I'm guessing that you actually know absolutely nothing about foreign exchange, and were "making up a few facts" for an attack on America.

Never mind me, though. don't let the truth get in your way of a good screed.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Personally, I try not to think about this too much....but I'll tell you what my Dad used to say, and he was one of the original conspiracy theorist.

For the One World people to succeed, the standard of living would need to be somewhat evened out, world wide. Since it would be practically impossible for the people in third world countries to be brought up to our standard of living, the only other option would be to reduce our standard of living so that it would come more in line with the third world. ( I can't say for sure how he arrived at this conclusion, but he did an awful lot of reading on the NWO back in the 70's and 80's.)

I have no idea if this is actually their intent, but it seems to be heading that way....and I can't believe it's entirely accidental. The scary part is, tooo many of Pop's other predicitions have been fairly accurate.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why is the US dollar in freefall and the US government keeps spending like NO TOMORROW.

Because those that enable it get to benefit from it along with their Banking Masters while the debt is placed on the heads of the poor.

The plan was laid out long ago, and even exposed for all to see.

Britannica 1784: Rules for Changing a Republic [into a Democracy] into a Monarchy
But the grand nostrum will be a public debt, provided enough of it can be got and it be medicated with the proper ingredients. If by good fortune a debt be ready at hand, the most is to be made of it. Stretch it and swell it to the utmost the items will bear. Allow as many extra claims as decency will permit. Assume all the debts of your neighbors - in a word, get as much debt as can be raked and scraped together, and when you have got all you can, "advertise" for more, and have the debt made as big as possible. This object being accomplished, the next will be to make it as perpetual as possible; and the next to that, to get it into as few hands as possible. The more effectually to bring this about, modify the debt, complicate it, divide it, subdivide it, subtract it, postpone it, let there be one-third of two-thirds, and two-thirds of one-third, and two-thirds of two-thirds; let there be 3 percents, and 4 percents, and 6 percents, and present 6 percents, and future 6 percents. To be brief, let the whole be such a mystery that a few only can understand it; and let all possible opportunities and informations fall in the way of these few to cinch their advantages over the many.

Continued....

Much like the Protocols it shows the way to conquering a free people without their knowing it until its already done.

And it all fits what is happening today.

Much more here:

www.wealth4freedom.com...

[edit on 23-10-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Two things you must remember. Democrats like to tax and spend. We are fighting a war and have had numerous natural disasters that have put a strain on the budget.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Since the first of theyear, the dollar versus say, the EURO has gone from 1.3500 (euro's per dollar) to Friday's close of ~ 1.1955.

Everyone gonna keep ignoring this? Sure, the budget is a bit screwy but the currency is getting stronger.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The answer to that is simple. "There is no honor among thieves." To be more specific if all of this continues much longer, it will persist, because these monkeys will totally control the voting machines so the public and its right to "plonk," these people will be gone. Although that did not matter before because the political process simply replaced one thief with another, now we may have a reign of theft, a true kleptocracy where the one party system is even worse than a monarchy.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Two things you must remember. Democrats like to tax and spend. We are fighting a war and have had numerous natural disasters that have put a strain on the budget.

The 'democrats' neither control the congress, nor the presidency.

Bush is spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGeeEveryone gonna keep ignoring this? Sure, the budget is a bit screwy but the currency is getting stronger.

my thoughts too....guess opinion prevails over fact, its a growing trend around here i notice.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's pretty frustrating for those of us who actually work for a living, and know a thing or two about the ridiculous posts you see on ATS sometimes.

It's like the emperor's new clothes. Even when you point out that the Autarch is naked, everybody just ignores you, keeps on smiling and genuflecting towards their idol.

Some days, I feel like the one-eyed man, selling mirrors in the city of the blind.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

oregonstate.edu...

Show a picture of the emporer's fiat clothes.

www.ex.ac.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join