It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big fing rocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Anyone heard anything about an asteroid heading for earth, i saw something on the news back in fab march sometime but now nothing. It is due to hit in about 2028. Anyone with more info let me know.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
you're wrong on the date,
It's 2008,
look to jakarta.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
2008? # man I got alot of drinking and smoking and snorting to do. . . .

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
2008?....is that right......is that the same one?.......where will it hit do they know?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i thought it was 1013. its probably a different one though. tons of asteroids pass through earth everyday, some hitting it. only a small pecent are actually discovered before they hit, and some that come really close aren't even known about at all. there is a chance of a gigantic asteroid hitting earth at any time, so a giant asteroid may hit before that.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
To the original poster please consider which forum you are posting in. The title of this forum is "other current events". Something happening in 2028 does n`t really come under that title IMO.

I have moved to the science and tech forum but have provided a link to the object you are talking about. It will probably miss the earth by a significant margin,

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

There are a large number of objects in the system and more are being discovered over time. Whats concerning with these objects is the Western nations lack of action over them and their detection.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
dunno if you noticed the post from jpl was dated march 12 1998...it's old news, i heard it this year that it will hit, it was confirmed by nasa but all traces disappeared. I know i was not imagining this as a few of my friends say the same news i did.
I thank you for your help but i need up to date info not 5 year old news.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The link was put because it was the 1997 xf11 is the one you are talking about and they are the only bits I can find on it. If the Asteroid changed course it is unlikely it would be announced as NASA has stated quite clearly that if they knew an object was going to hit they would say diddly.

If however you want a serious answer to your questions I would go to the following site.

www.badastronomy.com...

If this bunch can`t answer there ain`t one.

new topics

top topics

join