It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Vehicle in D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just heard on Fox.

Man claiming to have Suspicious materials in his vehicle just taken into custody.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
According to Fox News...

HazMat teams are now onsite evaluating the condition of the "suspicious material"....

Anyone else have any more data?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Fox News update...

the Law Enforcement Responder is NOT wearing HAZMAT suit....he's wearing a BombSuit...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am watching it on CNN as I type. They have ordered evacuations of nearby office buildings but so far nothing as to what the materials might be.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
FNC....

Two suspects being questioned. No Senate office buildings being evacuated at this time.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Suspicious package shuts area near Capitol

WASHINGTON - An unidentified man who claimed to have a suspicious device in his car was taken into custody close to the Capitol on Friday, and police cordoned off several streets as a precaution, officials said.

Brian Doyle, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security, said hazardous materials teams had been dispatched to the site. “We don’t know if it’s an explosive device,” he said.

Article

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
FNC...

Bldgs have been evacuated.

DC Police Chief briefing...

At 1050hrs lcl - Grey Chevy Impala occupied by two white males. Two individuals that approached police regarding the package in the car. Two males made comments that caused Police concern.

Capitol not evacuated, nor have the Senate offices...Leadership has not been evacuated.

Car is located at the 100 block 1st street nw....

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The two guys made comments to police to raise concern? What the hell is this? They're either totally nuts or trying to make a distraction....

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, looks like they "disrupted" the device and are now evaluating just "what" it was. Other than a "slightly" used Impala, collateral damage was minimal.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think this is ridiculous! What is going on?

These 2 white males, made a comment to the police... we don't know what the comment was because they won't tell us. I could have been one of the white males calling the cop a "pig". We don't know. It could have been a joke.

And then what happens to them? They get interogated for hours, since they believed it could be a terrorist plot does that mean that the interogaters can use force if they feel neccessary to get information out of the suspects???

Then they blow up their car! Because their was a suspicious package? But they won't tell us what the package was or what it looked like... it could have been a backpack with school books.

I think the DC Police are sending a clear message to the World...

Welcome to the Police State!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

Welcome to the Police State!

Couldn't have put it better myslf.

Now i'm scared.

top topics

join