It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians hate life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It seems to me that most Christians want to see the world end so they can be with Jesus christ. I think it is because they do not understand the meaning to life.

This is what I mean. They believe in a one shot life, you take Jesus into your heart, repent and you get that ride to heaven. So where is the meaning for us being here in the first place? Why not go straight to heaven? If a baby dies of SIDS then they say that baby just goes to heaven. I guess then it doesnt have to pass the come to Jesus test. Someone is bound to a wheelchair his/her entire life, where is the meaning in that?

The only way to understand the meaning to life is that the soul must live every one of lifes situations. The rich man, the poor man, the abuser, the abusee, the healthy, and those that lack health etc. Then our souls evolve and have meaning to why we live our lives. Then after we evolve and experience all there is in this human form we move onto being with the devine.

If you take the Chistian view though I can see why they want the end to come. If this life hasnt any meaning except to be good and worship Jesus, we might as well be with Jesus.

What is your opinion?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The"Why do sinners hate God"? thread (from which, I believe this one was 'inspired') reminds me of the "Why do Americans hate freedom?" or if you don't support GWBush, "Why do you support the Terrorist?" tactic. It's a lame, meaningless attempt to shame the receiver into either becoming a Christian or supporting the war or GWBush and company.

These silly questions imply:

If you aren't a Christian (like me), you are a sinner and you hate God and you're bad and you're wrong! (and I'm right)
If you don't support the Iraq war (like I do), you hate freedom, and you're bad and you're wrong! (and I'm right)
If you don't support Bush (like me), you support terrorism and you're bad and you're wrong! (and I'm right)

They're an attempt for the questioner to feel like he's in the right position, by putting others in the wrong position.

As for your original question, "Why do Christians hate life"? I'm sure I don't know. I don't know that they do, but I suspect their race for the finish line is probably because they want to prove that they've been right all along and are becoming impatient about it. They might feel their ship sinking and want to be able to say, "I told you so"! Perhaps they feel insecure about their beliefs and are anxious to see if they're right.

And so if you aren't a Christian (like them), you won't go to heaven and you'll go to hell and you're bad and you're wrong! (and they're right) Right?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Not all Christians hate life.
I'm a Christian and I love life with all its challenges, dreams,sacrifices, joy and hope. I also love other people, Christians and nonChristians alike. Many Christians are afraid of others and wish to escape the threats they see in the world.

Some of my brethern on the other hand are so overcome with guilt, both real and imagined, they want to test their salvation.

Some of my more fundamental brethren are so filled with hate of themselves, non-Christians and even Christians of other denominations that the "end days" and the resulting apocalypse, will relieve them of the hateful burden they bare.

I am fortunate indeed that my God is a loving and forgiving God not a vengeful and punishing God. Some Christians even hate me for having a different spiritual perspective than they do. Tough...

notice my red warning flag; a graphic reminder that I need to be more descrete when expressing my convictions. I am trying!

[edit on 21-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LoneGunMan,

Christians do not hate life. They view life as a gift from God and an opportunity to serve Him in a way that will never come again. I do hope that Jesus Christ comes for His church in my lifetime but I also want more time to reach the lost. So, on my desire to see His return I’m torn. It’s better for me that He comes quickly but it may be better for mankind as a whole for God to wait a while longer and let His Word bring in more of the lost.

So many people wonder about the meaning of life but for me I answered that question long ago. We were made for His pleasure. We were created by God to serve Him and to bring Him pleasure. In return we receive tremendous fulfillment and a promise of a better world to come which God has said:

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

That’s why living the Christian life is a win, win situation. We enjoy our lives on Earth far more than everyone else because we have a purpose and true meaning. Even in times of hardship or persecution our lives are filled with joy. The joy of a Christian only seems to increase during times of trouble. A Christian gets better as things get worse.

And after all our work is done and God takes us home we get to be with God forever and worship Him and see His face! My heart longs for the day when I get to touch His face and sing my love to Him.

A True Christian
In These Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They all seem dissapointed they lived to old age... They all seem bummed out they weren't annialated in the war of Heaven vs Hell, they all seem like if suicide wasn't a sin they would do that just to get it over with.

Maybe we need to make suicide a non-sin, get rid of alot of christians who just want to be with Jesus/God.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
It seems to me that most Christians want to see the world end so they can be with Jesus christ. I think it is because they do not understand the meaning to life.

What is your opinion?

I often have a similar belief, but i dont think it is so much that they hate life, but rather that they belive so strongly that they are saved that they dont see any reason to wait, it is my belief that the vatican has been trying to intiate armagedon since the crusades, the bible talks about the "Abomination of desolation" which is discribed as the sign given to the people of jerusalam to flee for the mountains as the end is upon us, the specific sign in this context.. is and i am quoting here "When the symbol of roman idolarty is erected in the most holy of holies (The temple in jerusalam), this will be the sign to the faithfull that the end has begun"

Now i dont know about you.. but when i think about roman idolarty, i think about abunch of rosary worshiping priests.

now let me state that i dont hate catholics, they ARE NOT responsible for the actions of the vatican.. but the church has been dirty dealing it's own, and the rest of the world for centuries.. between holding crusades, the spanish and french inquisitions, it's non-involvment during WWII... and sadly the abuse of children.. and not just the molestation scandals.. one of the crusades involved arming the children of europe and sending them against the muslim hordes thinking that muslims (Though hethens) werent so evil as to harm a child.. half of the children were slain on the battle field.. the rest sold into slavery.. Thank you vatican, for doing the right thing time and time again (Insert Sarcastic laugh), and for taking such good care of the flock

Sorry if this rant is off topic.. it really deserves it's own thread.. but what can i say :p

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't hate life at all. I've experienced the absolute depths of sorrow and depression, and also the pinnacles of elation and ecstasy in my life, and so has most anyone who's made it past 30 or so. That's just the way life is, and I enjoy it for what it is.

But the fact of the matter is that life, in general, is a bitch, and infinitely so for many that are not able to post here on ATS if you think about it for a microsecond. Christians look at the suffering that continues in the world every day; the bloodshed, the hatred, the suffering, the pain, and they know in their hearts that things are not meant to be this way forever, they couldn't be, and God has planned that they won't be. There is no "Earthly paradise". If we and the Earthly "kings" haven't achieved it by now, we never will, and the suffering will continue until the end of days, and only the King of Kings can achieve its end. And so, yes, Christians yearn for the day when Jesus will return, but not because we hate life and are miserable, rather because we love the prospect of the end of suffering and a heavenly existence that we know God has prepared for us, an existence that will blow the fleeting, sensory and material joys of this life completely out of the water!

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy." - J.C.

As for this "I told you so" race to Armageddon, well I think that's more than just a little petty, and saying that all Christians hold this sentiment is a gross over-generalization. If any Christians do feel this way, it's perhaps because they've gotten too caught up in the debating and the "I must convert everyone" BS, and have been misguided by their own pride.

The end of days will be a time of great suffering, most notably so for Christians. Few who understand this are champing at the bit for those days to come. Most just can't wait to graduate from "high school" and get out into the "real world", if ya know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If you don't support Bush (like me), you support terrorism and you're bad and you're wrong! (and I'm right)

They're an attempt for the questioner to feel like he's in the right position, by putting others in the wrong position.

And lets not forget that the need to be right does not only apply to arguments, and beliefs, but also situations.

Any situation that a person feels should not be happening (like a traffic jam), is labelled as wrong. This luckily gives the person to be right. The person is morally superior to reality.

Wow this is totally off topic, but I felt compelled to post it

This should NOT be happening.

[edit on 21/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How people view and define life is how they see themselves.

How else could they truly know and understand what it is they are looking for (which is a prerequisite for finding it) without first knowing it within themselves.

It takes one to know one, and nobody wants to be alone.

People witness only what they can comprehend.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
As for this "I told you so" race to Armageddon, well I think that's more than just a little petty, and saying that all Christians hold this sentiment is a gross over-generalization.

If you are referring to my post, I just want to be clear that I said no such thing.
I said:

As for your original question, "Why do Christians hate life"? I'm sure I don't know. I don't know that they do...

and went on to speculate as to why they might if they do.

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
And lets not forget that the need to be right does not only apply to arguments, and beliefs, but also situations.

Any situation that a person feels should not be happening (like a traffic jam), is labelled as wrong. This luckily gives the person to be right. The person is morally superior to reality.

I hear you. I call it being in resistance to 'what is'.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If you are referring to my post, I just want to be clear that I said no such thing.
I said:

As for your original question, "Why do Christians hate life"? I'm sure I don't know. I don't know that they do...

and went on to speculate as to why they might if they do.

Just to clarify, the "petty" comment was aimed at Christians who hold that view, not at my beloved BH.
And the "gross generalization" was to elucidate that I agree, some Christians do feel that way, but I feel they are in the misguided minority. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Me English talk good, no?

[edit on 2005-10-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Just to clarify, the "petty" comment was aimed at Christians who hold that view, not at my beloved BH.

Aw... warm fuzzies...
:blush:

And just to say something on topic, I think it's terribly sad that anyone would hate life and I honestly think that some Christians (and others, too) might just be tired of the fight. Life is tough sometimes. And with a promise of 'heaven' or some sort of nirvanna ahead, they might give off the impression that they're in a hurry to jump on the peace train and get on home.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The statements about Christians hating life all seem to come from non-Christians. Why is that?

I am a Christian and I love and value my life. My belief is that only by being a Christian can I live life here on earth to the fullest.

My life has had the bad times also. With my love of Jesus I find comfort during the bad times. Most of the time I can look back on the bad times and see the good that came from them. All experiences in life are for learning. Only through these experience can we grow.

I have made many bad choices in my life also. But, I can repent and ask for forgiveness and be made whole again. Being a Christian helps me to see when I have made a bad choice and gives me the opportunity to make things right again.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am a christian and I hate some aspects of this life. Example, A girl can be taken from her house and sexually abused and then buried alive and found dead a couple of days later. Hard to put a good spin on that one. I HATE that that happens over and over and over again.

Now if I truly love this "life" that would mean I don't want this type of thing to end. I am content with the status quo, as long as it doesn't happen to me, to bad for them, but I'm doing OK. But that's not the case I have 4 kids and I can only imagine what that is like. So by stating my hatred for these trajedies and wanting the promised change that Jesus will bring with Him, I am affirming that I have something my important on my mind , love for others and wanting these type of heinous acts to end and end soon.

Why do things like this happen? Because mankind rejected God's way for us to live and basically said to God, Thanks but I think we can do a better job running us and earth than you, after all it's all about ME That's pretty much the same thing satan said to God, God, I don't need you as boss, because I feel you are a liar.

Look at the world we have "created". We have invented a weapon that can disintegrate people at ground zero of it's explosion and can physically create a living death for those who are further out in it's radius.

There are a few things going on that are worthy of our hate. Currently hurricanes!

We look forward to the return of Christ because at that moment we will be changed and this present destructive system that man is trapped in will cease to exist.

That is somehting to look forward too.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dont you get it? They are all experiences the soul has to go through. Its a tough life sometimes, God does work in mysterious ways, this is the only way to evolve the spirit in some ways. That girl that was taken from her home in your scenario may in her next life live a very happy and fruitful existance. To me to live one miserable life does not make a whole lot of sence. To live many lives before moving onto heaven though makes much more sence. The soul, all souls then have the chance to learn. Otherwise why be here in these flesh and bone vessels?

Christians used to believe in re-incarnation you know. That is until 511 A.D. when some man decided that they should not believe this. There was not enough control for his tastes I guess.

Look at what my local Baptist church in my town put on the church sign!

[edit on 21-10-2005 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
To live many lives before moving onto heaven though makes much more sence. Otherwise why be here in these flesh and bone vessels?

Christians used to believe in re-incarnation you know. That is until 511 A.D. when some man decided that they should not believe this.

Since I wasn't alive in 511 AD I don't know that christianity believed in reincarnation and believe it or not you weren't alive then either. The Bible does not support the idea of reincarnation. It supports the idea of resurrection but not reincarnation. Here's an idea, the person who came up with this tidbit on what christians used to believe is lying and trying to discredit the Bible and God. Yes there are people who make that their goal in life.

We are here in flesh and bones because as someone else stated we are created for the pleasure of God. He made us because He wanted to and we are to reflect Him. Not everyone does this(child molesters). Mankind is sidetracked quite a bit. We have this life alone to come to the saving knowledge of Christ and then spread that news to others. Now I've talked about a world view. Personally some things I go through stink, but I know that before they could touch me it had to go through God first. And yes if He allowed it there are reasons for it. To get my focus on Him, to surface those attitudes in me that aren't right and purge them from me. To conform me to the image of His Son. To put me through something so that when someone else goes through the same thing we can minister to them. Bad times are also to put your attention on God for salvation.

Is life all pain no, there are joys also.

As far as that little girl whose "soul" experienced rape and having dirt thrown on her face while she was crying, that's called sin. The guy who did it to her sinned. He did wrong. He was not in God's will, he chose what he wanted over the what was best for another. Gee, maybe in the next life her soul can go through that all again.

I'll ask you the same thing you asked me, "Don't you get it".

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Lone's church sign was actually a generated sign for those who have not yet realized. I just want to make sure that none of you actually thought that Lone's picture was real....

Now for a REAL sign,

Originally posted by dbrandt
Yah I forgot. I meant to comment on the sign. I don't get it could you expand on what point he is trying to make?

No clue really, maybe he thinks witchcraft should take over Christianity...

[edit on 21/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
This seems to be a common theme among such churches, lure in unsuspecting visitors, with seemingly interesting signs.

Just look at what my local church has done to spark interest! Thing is that they haven't even called me. They are using my new found fame to get visitors.

Yah I forgot. I meant to comment on the sign. I don't get it could you expand on what point he is trying to make?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
While i am not what one would call the "typical" christian, i am a devote servant of the divine, and a student and beliver in the sanctity of Yeshua (jesus in hebrew), and i am a firm beliver in reincarnation, even going so far as to write an essay on the matter. i am working on setting up a place to post it where i can link to it for those here on the "top secret" family of message boards. but since it has been brought up i will post it right here in this thread

NOTE, This is my work, i wrote this.. i am aware of the rules of plagurism (SP?) on this forum, i post this essay in good faith that these rules will be respected

God, Energy

&

Reincarnation

By: Jason Michael

All things are energy, including God (in whatever form that which is "God" takes). All energy is in a state of vibration, When you align yourself to these vibrations, you will feel the presence of the universe.

When you align yourself with the universe, you be able channel the vibrations of the universe through your hands, through your eyes. through your very being. Those for whom the power of the universe rests in the hands of could tell you (WHEN they share such things), That this energy flows through the body, from the Crown of the skull (The "halo" of classical & spiritual texts, also known as "Kether" in hebrew), travelling down, both directly through the spine, and indirectly crossing back and forth through out the body, allowing the flow of energy to course though the body, reaching the 9 other points of spiritual concentration within the body known as the "Spehiroth" in hebrew. (10 counting the Kether, but in this context we are speaking of how energy flows down from the Kether to the other Sephiroth, also known as "Chakra")

It is said.. by those that know of such things, that the number of the divine emanation (that which man calls god) is 7. There for it could be speculated that God is: 1 part Science, 2 parts Philosophy, and 4 parts Faith (1+2+4=7), and the 4 parts may be further broken down as such, "Faith in the Creator, Faith in the Teacher, Faith in Oneself and the Creators faith in us". Regardless of wether or not this is true, this concept makes for a wonderful meditation on the nature of God or the holy emanation

If that which rules the cosmos, the "Macro-cosm", is a being of conscious rational thought, then it could be said that God is a scientist, and that "E=mc2" because god wills it so. Remember that in the bible, it is stated that "God" hates chaos, that "God" favors order and stability.

It has been stated that all things in matter are made of energy at a specific vibration. It is known that energy cannot be destroyed, only transmuted or changed. This transmutation is restricted in nature, and energy can only be changed so much (i.e. lead cannot be made into gold). This holding true, the energy that is the human soul would not go to waste in the passing from the flesh, but would be recycled into that which the energy would be best used for.. a new human spirit. It is in this, that we know reincarnation to not only be possible, but most likely true.

If such were to be the case, reincarnation could very well be that which leads to mans ultimate "Heaven or Hell". The thought here being that if human souls reincarnate into human souls, it is because it is what best suits that particular type of energy, but if man kind were to cease... be it by natural or manmade disaster, What would become of those human souls? Could it not only be possible, but probable that these souls would remain in the same spiritual state as when they arrived in the "hereafter". Thus, if one was on a path of enlightenment or a "Path of God", one would find himself in the state of spiritual bliss that would accompany such a life and soul.

Conversely, If one was plagued by their own person torments and "sins", then one could find themselves trapped in a state of spiritual torment, unable.. as with that blissful soul, to recycle into a newly conceived body as the spirit of life is brought to bare in the womb.

Thus, with or without deity man may find himself in a state of damnation, unable to reincarnate back into life that life may be attempted again.

In closing of this essay, I make one final thought. One that is of the greatest opinion within this work. It is to the nature of God within my own mind (remember God is different for all of us, but wether you call God; he, or it, or that, or even "He who is known as I AM", IF the nature of your "God" is for the glory of god and the universe that he created, then chances are your beliefs are not without merit). This having been stated, the final thought is this:

Once there was the vastness of nothing, simply the quiet emptiness of an unpopulated cosmos. Empty save for a single thing, a being of great spiritual energy. This being sat in the center of all things.. which is to say, the center of nothing.

This being was wise in it's own nature, it understood it's own being, that is to say "who and what" it was, as this being was all that was. Standing in the center of nothing, He who is known as "I AM" (YHVH in the most ancient of Hebrew) looked out in the emptiness and said to himself "I know all that is" but as he pondered this he became sad, as he understood that he knew this because he WAS all that was, and that nothing else was.. save for the nothing.

So YHVH said to himself "I will create, and I will fill this empty darkness with good things. I will make all things of myself, as I am all that is.". So thus this immense being swallowed his own energies into himself, and condensing his energy to a slow dense vibration he created matter. But the work was fast and the material was hot with the fire of God's energy, and with the power of the singularity, that matter came apart in the big bang, scattering the stuff of God across that once empty space, filling the cosmos, giving life to all things.

We know that the universe is slowly receding back to the point of origin, that place from where the light of the bang first pierced the darkness of the void. We know that the cosmos will swallow itself back up someday. This will in all likelihood be long after the human race has either died out or ascended was a race to a higher plain of existence. If that which I have speculated on holds true, then at the moment when all things have returned to the point, that long sleeping giant will open his eyes. He will look across the vast emptiness and whisper one thing "I understand". In the single instant before that point of matter explodes once more in the fiery singularity. To begin the cycle again.

Now dont take this TOO seriously.. i know some strict scripturalists will disagree with some of this, it isnt ment to be the "God's Honest" truth. but rather to be food for thought.. i dont intend to challenge anyones beliefs.. but to enhance them... i hope it helps

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Jason that was a fine essay on reincarnation. I for one am a believer in the Iam. I call it the Lord an Lady because this represents both the male and female, the Ying and the Yang. I call my lady and lord Shiva and Bendidia. I have experienced th universes energy and its devine goodness. It has changes my life in so many ways. I used to have thoughts that were impure, I was not a good person in a few different ways. Now that I have found my spiritual calling, my thoughts have become so much more clear and pure. I have found a connection with the devine that only munks and priests have, it is so much more powerful and fulfilling that being a spectator in the pews.

I used to be a church consultant for all protestant faiths, and the Catholic church. I have been to thousands of churches through the midwest. I have talked to hundreds of priests, pastors, and ministers. Very few of them understand a true relationship with the devine and the universal powers that can flow though you.

Love is the law, love is the bond.

May you walk in the love and the light, and find solitude and peace in the darkness.

Blessed Be

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join