It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confusion on death/heaven: christianity and disabled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
so im severely disabled, but im not christian, i tried but too much about it didnt fit common sense and conflicts reason to me, like christians i've talked to preached doing this or that to go to heaven, yet tell me one way or the other that severely disabled are guaranteed heaven by the fact of level of suffering during life and we were created by god for a special lesson because we're angels, and i dont understand, with sound mind why if its true would i not need to live as jesus did or do things like any other believer? can someone enlighten me or point out anything im missing?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
As usual Christians trying to convert everyone by telling them anything. Yes I'm with you on this one, you could be a serious serial sinner, killing people, denying the holy spirit etc but because your disabled you get into heaven. That makes no sense, a free pass to heaven.
Do you think you could sell it on Ebay LOL?

G

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah the quest continues for all of us. We look to books, we look to people and always come up short. I kinda think if we look to ourself and above it may make more sense. I mean we all mock god in creation as well as wrath,happiness,etc. We also hide from him as he does us. So when you let down the barriers of self you may in deed find him. Make any sense?

Must we die to live? I think so.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hi namehere!

Of-course you are not any different to the rest of us!
Everybody has some disability ......some more so then others......we all have a Cross to carry......We sometimes think that difficulties in life is just too much to bear......this alone God knows what each of us can handle.......
We all understand what is good and what is bad.....Whether one is Christian or not!
All of the parables of Jesus Christ have meaning and a lesson to be learnt....

Since the time of the primitive Christian Church, parable has been the term for a story told by the Lord Jesus Christ to illustrate His teaching. The Greek root-word, parabole, means comparison. So a parable is a spiritual lesson of a story developed by comparison to everyday life. The Lord's parables draw memorable details from nature, human, social, economic, or religious life of His time. Characteristically, all oral teachers of the eastern cast of mind teach by comparisons and riddles, using homely images to stir curiosity and reflection. So His parables use images from life in this world to discover spiritual truth.

www.fatheralexander.org...

Well, not all people are guaranteed a place in heaven........God's mercy alone can only do this.....
Man is not capable of sending one to heaven or hell.......we strive to be like Christ and above all, learn from our mistakes....SIN is what keeps us apart from knowing God.....Sin is what destroyed mans closeness to God......To sin, is to simply ''MISS THE MARK''

"Judge not, that ye be not judged," (Matt. 7:1)
"For He saith to Moses,
I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
So then it is not of him that willeth,
nor of him that runneth [struggleth],
but of God that showeth mercy" (Rom. 9:15-16).
"For what have I to do to judge them also that are without?
Do not ye judge them that are within?
But them that are without God judgeth" (1 Cor. 5:12-13). God "will have mercy on whom He will have mercy" (Rom 9:18)

blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (Matt. 12:1-32). The Holy Spirit is, above all, the Spirit of Truth, as the Saviour loved to refer to Him.
Accordingly, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is blasphemy against the Truth, conscious and persistent opposition to it.
The same text makes it clear that even blasphemy against the Son of Man—i.e. the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God Himself may be forgiven men, as it may be uttered in error or in ignorance and, subsequently may be covered by conversion and repentance (an example of such a converted and repentant blasphemer is the Apostle Paul. (See Acts 26:11 and I Tim. 1:13.)
If, however, a man opposes the Truth which he clearly apprehends by his reason and, conscience, he becomes blind and commits spiritual suicide, for he thereby likens himself to the devil, who believes in God and dreads Him, yet hates, blasphemes, and opposes Him.

The Lord, "Who will have all men to be saved" (I Tim. 2:4) and "Who enlightens every man born into the world" (Jn. 1.43), undoubtedly is leading them also towards salvation In His own way......

Namehere///

we were created by god for a special lesson because we're angels,

Im not sure who told you this, but this is not true...we are not Angels.......Angels were created before man, and man was created last.....to take the place of fallen Angels who became demons .......All are given a guardian angel as Christ said.....

Quote///Angels are actively engaged in the unceasing praise of God. Isaiah describes his vision of God around whom the seraphim stand and proclaim: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory’ (Is.6:1-3).
Yet the angels are also heralds sent by God to people (the Greek word aggelos means ‘messenger’, ‘herald’): they take a vital and active part in the life of every person.
Thus the archangel announces to Mary that she will bear a Son called Jesus; angels come and minister to Jesus in the wilderness; an angel supports Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. Christ Himself indicates that every person has his own guardian angel (cf. Matt.18:10) who is his companion, helper and protector.

And so the Psalmist wrote: ‘When I look at the heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars which thou hast established, what is man? And yet thou hast made him a little less than the angels… and given him dominion (Psalm 8). This Adam is no strong ruler, trampling the earth; this is the shepherd king or the gardener.

PARADISE LOST

As for the SUFFERING.....we all are burdaned with something in this life.... to what each can handle......and this may seem a bit harsh to those that cannot understand why this is so......in order to fully understand, we need to read the life of Christ and what He stands for each and everyone of us...
Take care
IX
helen

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Namehere,

Anyone who told you that your physical disability grants you a heavenly reward is a liar. You are right to notice that you are called upon by God to live a life pleasing to Him. God wants you to love Him and work for Him the same as anyone else. You are indeed valuable to Him but no more so than any of us. I do believe that you have an opportunity to serve God in a way that I cannot. Because of your disability you could reach people that others may not be able. I also believe that God would give you extra reward for having suffered in this life with a physical disability while you served Him.

All that other junk about you being an Angel comes from bogus new age teachings. You are a sinner in need of a saviour like everyone else. Don’t let some new age liar tell you otherwise. I hope that you make a decision for Jesus Christ soon and begin your life anew. It’s a wonderful and glorious way to live and the retirement plan is to die for!

A True Christian
In These Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
well machine its not that i dont believe in god or anything but its the religion aspect that bugs me and the fact people say conflicting things and many parts of the bible make no logical sense to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Namehere,
well machine its not that i dont believe in god or anything but its the religion aspect that bugs me and the fact people say conflicting things and many parts of the bible make no logical sense to me.

There’s a big difference between practicing a religion and having a saving faith in Jesus Christ. The first seeks to make his way to God on his or her own merit. The second person places his or her faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.

The message of the Bible is a simple one that many religious types often cannot rightly proclaim.

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The whole of the gospel can be summed up in these three verses. I understand your confusion with the Word of God and I have some advice for you. First, accept Jesus Christ in faith that He did die for your sins and then pray to God to reveal His truth to you in His Word. The Bible is a spiritual book and a person reading it needs the guidance of the Holy Ghost in order to fully understand the depths of it. Second, purchase a King James Bible and start off by reading the New Testament. As you come across scriptures that you do not fully understand just mark them and move on. In time and study God will reveal His Word to you and those scriptures that you once had difficulty with will be easy to understand. I also recommend that you join a solid Bible believing church and hook up with a well grounded Christian who can help guide you in the basics of the faith.

The simple saving truth of the Bible is so easy to understand that even a child can grasp it. Once you have accepted Jesus Christ for who He is and made Him LORD and saviour over your life you will not be forgotten by God. God desires to teach you His Word and any honest seeker after God who is willing to accept the truths of God will be guided by the Holy Ghost into all truth.

Don’t let hypocrisy and misguided teachers keep you from God and His Word. This world is filled with false teachers and fake Christians. I don’t know if you will ever accept Jesus as your LORD and saviour but I have a feeling that if you do you will be sincere in your faith. Just because many in this world are not sincere in their faith doesn’t mean you have to follow them.

I have several excellent books I could recommend to a new Christian if you’re ever interested. Until then may God guide your heart to Him and into salvation and freedom in Christ Jesus!

A True Christian
In These Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Machine, after reading your last post, I think I have the Lord Jesus Christ knocking on my hearts doorway!! Praise Jesus my lord and my savior Amen!

Oh wait on second thought, nah it was just indegestion!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No, we don't get a free pass to heaven just because we are disabled.

God made me deaf so I wouldn't have to listen to the droobling that flows about His great mercy that saves the sinner who knows he's a sinner and professes he is a sinner but does nothing about his sin.....

If you look: you'll find those people who are preaching the greatest amount of forgiveness are the ones who need the most....

And the ones who are talking about all the love, well they thought God meant sex??????????

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
(removed.....double post)

[edit on 21-10-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How about we look at what the Bible says about the handicapped:

Lev.21:17-23 "Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. ... Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries."

There is Paul's healing of the lame man, among the other healings, but there is no mention of disability being a special blessing or entitlement.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
...severely disabled are guaranteed heaven by the fact of level of suffering during life and we were created by god for a special lesson because we're angels,

Sorry dude, you're going to hell according to Christian mythology. Too bad it takes an atheist to be honest with you about this.

The people who tell you what they think sounds nice either are ignorant of their own mythology (probably) or don't really believe it (also probably). How could you tell someone that's hell bound they're going to heaven if you honestly didn't think they were? Is a greater disservice possible?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Sorry dude, you're going to hell according to Christian mythology. Too bad it takes an atheist to be honest with you about this.

Can you expand?

How'd you come to this conclusion?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
Can you expand?

How'd you come to this conclusion?

He admitted he's an unbeliever, therefor he is not justified by faith (unless he becomes a believer at some point). I'm not going to argue Christian dogma though, since it varies depending on who you talk to.

But for those who subscribe to hell, he's on the expressway.

new topics

top topics

join