It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LUCIFER PROJECT ::: T-minus 6 days and counting..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Woohoo, my first post. Hope is hasn't been posted and hope it's in the right spot.

For quickness the following is posted from another discussion board by "Stu Pedaso" and is not copywrited.

I personally think this is absolutely hilarious. As far as conspiracy theories go I give it a 9.5. Keep in mind though that Jupiter is 4x the distance from earth as the earth is from the sun (or 5.2 au from sun). Also, jupiter is about 89,000 miles diameter (143,000km) and the sun is about 835,200 miles diameter (1,392,000km).

Also, the commentary contained below is not from me and I think this post was reposted from somewhere else. On with the fun...

------

THE LUCIFER PROJECT / CREATING A NEW SUN GOD

At the end of 1999, I was watching this story closely, and anticipating how this following scenario - IF it even possible,would end up. I envisioned the Earth, if it survived the initial shock/energy wave, lit up perpetually
in our binary sun system. Solar Energy would erase the need of fossil fuels, and we would be able to grow crops twice as fast if the sun(s) never went down.

The last I had heard was that NASA had lost contact with Galileo in November of 1999. I thought that maybe the sheeple weren't ready, so the mission had
been 'scrubbed".

Now I realize it was only postponed until next Sunday.
Can they pull this off?

--------

The New World Order religion will be worshipping Mother Earth : Gaia, and Father Sun : Lucifer.

Gaia worship has been set through the school systems, through Captain Planet cartoons, and through the 'green' movement. Lucifer (The Sun God) has been set up in the Secret Societies- Freemasons, Knights Templar, Shriners,Order of the Golden Dawn, Eastern Star, ect. In the Secret Societies, religion is 'morphed':
Jesus/Horus the SON of God becomes Lucifer the SUN of God. Imagine if you could create a Sun...couldn't you then be able to make a claim that you were a GOD?

--------

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LAST STORY CAREFULLY

This is also the possible setting up of another phase of the FAKE ALIEN MENACE scenario. I bet it would really piss off those aliens on Jupiter's moon if NASA were
able to pull this off .They might even want to come here and kick our asses!

hahahaha Harry Mobley

------------------------------------------------------------

An 'Expose' making fun of William Cooper:
THE LUCIFER PROJECT
full text at:
www.gettingit.com...

"What he lacks in respect, Cooper makes up for with a uniquely American brand of multicultural popularity. He is celebrated by a Rainbow Coalition
that Jesse Jackson would envy. His militia-friendly rants against one-world government and gun control have made him a folk hero of the patriot crowd. Meanwhile, his descriptions of genocidal plots against African-Americans involving crack and AIDS
have gotten him lionized by the hip hop community.
What, then, to make of the following gem from Cooper? In his 1991 tome Behold a Pale Horse, he warned that the US government was turning Jupiter into a
second sun.

Cooper predicted that Galileo, the NASA spacecraft orbiting Jupiter, would create an atomic chain reaction in the giant planet, effectively turning it into a small star. How? In December 1999, Galileo will deliver a 49.7-pound load of plutonium used to power the craft into the heart of Jupiter. The end result will be a huge atomic reaction, and a newborn star that Cooper has dubbed Lucifer."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pay special attention to the second paragraph:

Exert from:
SECRET SOCIETIES/NEW WORLD ORDER
by MILTON WILLIAM COOPER - 1991
complete document can be found at:
www.grailwerk.com...

"According to many, the great pyramids were built to commemorate and observe a supernova explosion that occurred in the year 4000 B.C. Dr. Anthony Hewish, 1974 Nobel Prize winner in physics, discovered a rhythmic series of radio pulses which he proved were emissions from a star that had exploded around 4000 B.C. The Freemasons begin their calendar from A.L., "In the Year of Light," found by adding 4000 to the modern year. Thus 1990 + 4000 = 5990 A.L. George
Michanowsky wrote in The Once and Future Star that "The ancient Sumerian cuneiform...described a giant star exploding within a triangle formed by...Zeta Puppis, Gamma Velorum, and Lambda Velorum...located in the southern sky....[An] accurate star catalogue
now stated that the blazing star that had exploded within the triangle would again be seen by man in 6000 years." According to the Freemason's calendar it will occur in the year 2000, and indeed it will.

The spacecraft called Galileo is on its way to Jupiter, a baby star with a gaseous makeup exactly the same as our sun, with a load of 49.7 pounds of plutonium, supposedly being used as batteries to power the craft. When its final orbit decays in December 1999, Galileo will deliver its payload into the center of Jupiter. The unbelievable pressure that will be encountered will cause a reaction exactly as occurs when an atomic bomb is exploded by an implosion detonator. The
plutonium will explode in an atomic reaction, lighting the hydrogen and helium atmosphere of Jupiter and resulting in the birth of the star that has already been named Lucifer. The world will interpret it as a sign of tremendous religious significance. It will fulfill prophecy. In reality it is only a demonstration of the insane application of technology by the JASON Society which may or may not even work. They have practiced overkill
to ensure success, however, as the documents that I read while in Naval Intelligence stated that Project GALILEO required only five pounds of plutonium to ignite
Jupiter and possibly stave off the coming ice age. Global warming is a hoax. It is easier for the public to deal with and will give the ruling elite more time before panic and
anarchy replace government. The reality is that overall global temperatures are becoming lower. Storms are becoming more violent and less predictable. The icecaps at the poles are growing larger. The temperate zones
where food can be grown are shrinking. Desertification is increasing in the tropics. An ice age is on its way, and it will occur suddenly."

-----

NASA LINKS:

Nasa Project Galileo Home Page:
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

COUNTDOWN TO GALILEO IMPACT:
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

-----

AP NEWS STORY
NASA plans to crash Galileo into Jupiter
Sunday, September 14, 2003 Posted: 8:28 PM EDT (0028 GMT)

The Galileo spacecraft was deployed from space shuttle Atlantis in October 1989.

� Galileo Mission Home

We in our infinite wisdom thought nothing could survive in those harsh environments, but we are learning every day about things that can.
-- Claudia Alexander, Galileo's project manager

PASADENA, California (AP) -- NASA plans to crash its $1.5 billion Galileo spacecraft into Jupiter next weekend to make sure it doesn't accidentally contaminate the planet's ice-covered moon Europa with bacteria from Earth.

After Galileo's orbit carries it behind Jupiter at 3:49 p.m. EDT Sunday, the aging probe will plunge into the planet's stormy atmosphere at a speed of nearly
108,000 mph. Its suicide dive comes at the end of its 35th orbit of the planet -- far longer than the 11 orbits the spacecraft originally was planned to complete.

The heat generated as it streaks through the atmosphere will vaporize the nearly 3,000-pound Galileo and the untold millions of microbial stowaways
lurking since its 1989 launch.

The crash will ensure Galileo doesn't hit Europa and spill bacteria onto the ice that caps its enormous oceans.

Europa, a planet-sized moon, is widely believed to have the most promising habitat for extraterrestrial life within the solar system. Were Earth bugs to gain a toehold on
Europa, perhaps in pools of water warmed by radioactive plutonium the spacecraft uses to generate electricity, they could compromise future attempts
to probe the moon for indigenous life.

"It seems like a good place where, potentially, you can have life and it also seems like a place where Earth life would find it a nice place to live. So why hit it?" said John Rummel, planetary protection officer for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

NASA typically scrubs its spacecraft clean of microbes to prevent what it calls the "forward contamination" of other places in the solar system. That wasn't done with
Galileo, which NASA originally intended to leave in orbit around Jupiter.

Years ago, however, the promise of Europa convinced NASA to err on the side of caution and plans were made to destroy Galileo, which now is nearly out of the
propellant that would allow it to trim its course. The concern is that the gravitational tug of Jupiter could alter the orbit of the spacecraft and cause it to
hit Europa or another moon.

The intentional crash will be the first since 1999, when NASA plowed the Lunar Prospector orbiter into the moon. In 1994, NASA crashed the Magellan
orbiter into Venus. Satellites routinely crash to Earth, as NASA's Compton Gamma Ray Observatory did in 2000.

Recent research has revealed the tenacity of microbial life and its ability to resist extremes of temperature and radiation. Even though Galileo has been buffeted by both, its shielded innards likely harbor viable microbes.

"We in our infinite wisdom thought nothing could survive in those harsh environments, but we are learning every day about things that can," said Claudia
Alexander, Galileo's seventh and likely last project manager at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena.

The 14-year mission has been among NASA's most successful, despite a litany of glitches. Its focus was to have been Jupiter itself, but the planet's quirky, diverse
moons -- including Lo, the solar system's most volcanically active body -- stole the spotlight.

NASA hopes to wring some scientific measurements from Galileo before its demise.

When the end does come, 1,500 people associated with the mission are expected to gather at the lab to mark the occasion.

"It will have some of the flavor of a wake," Alexander said.

----

Me again, if you read this far. The flavor of a wake indeed. Hahaha. Bye Bye Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's not going to happen. Why?

When those metoer/comets? LEvy shoemaker, hit into jupiter did they cause an explosion? yes. Did jupiter lite up? no.

They would have caused explosions of the nuclear size..but they didn't ignite Jupiter.

Plutonium wont ignite jupiter either.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Eups. You made a Freudian Slip. It must be nasty to not know what is going on when your body is talking things you don't understand. If the number of the beast was written on your forehead, you wouldn't know it. You never look in the mirror!

How about, check out the 57.7 units that you have been ignoring in your own physical structure that blows up every once in ahwhile.

"When, you wish upon your star, don't let yourself fall in, fall in too hard."

REALLY BIGSAGE....it IS rubbish. Oh my how some put their faith in scientists theories like the religious at times put their faith in Pppriests instead of GOD! OH my! What a shame, that all you guys can think of is how to blow up, explode and destroy things instead of creating the right equipement to go there and check it out non-violently. Oh I suppose you didn't realise that Lucifer was also of the most violent sort. Hard to believe anyone who wants peace could follow him then. At the same time it is called the plan3t of blindn3ss. All you can see is your own point of view. Too bad. Venus may not survive either if we are taking this path of 'love'.

[Edited on 9/15/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

Please do not evade automatic censors

[edit on 11/5/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
if it were to happen and in our creation...
then it would have already have happened...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
Eups. You made a Freudian Slip. It must be nasty to not know what is going on when your body is talking things you don't understand. If the number of the beast was written on your forehead, you wouldn't know it. You never look in the mirror!

LMAO! I do have the number of the beast. It's in my wallet. It's called VISA. My may wish to turn that mirror back because you seem to not have read what I said.

personally think this is absolutely hilarious. As far as conspiracy theories go I give it a 9.5. On with the fun...

The attitude is light-hearted and jestful not doomdayish. I don't think it's going to happen. I think it's a really funny conspiracy theory. I like conspiracy theories because it's like an ongoing science-fiction novel written by a bunch of different people with a bunch of different perspectives. It's fun. I even rated it.

How about, check out the 57.7 units that you have been ignoring in your own physical structure that blows up every once in ahwhile.

I like the things in my physical structure that I can make blow up every once in awhile. But that's another story.

"When, you wish upon your star, don't let yourself fall in, fall in too hard."

But if you wish upon a plane, people might think you quite insane.

REALLY BIGSAGE....it IS rubbish. Oh my how some put their faith in scientists theories like the religious at times put their faith in Pppriests instead of GOD! OH my! What a shame, that all you guys can think of is how to blow up, explode and destroy things instead of creating the right equipement to go there and check it out non-violently. Oh I suppose you didn't realise that Lucifer was also of the most violent sort. Hard to believe anyone who wants peace could follow him then. At the same time it is called the plan3t of blindn3ss. All you can see is your own point of view. Too bad. Venus may not survive either if we are taking this path of 'love'.

What on earth (or venus) are you talking about? I follow no one. I have faith in no one. I find it unnecessary. I exist within God. I'm not sure if you are talking about me here or not. It's rather cryptic and confusing.

A suggestion though, you may wish to chill out a bit. Take a deep breath, smoke something if necessary. I was relaying what I thought to be a very funny conspiracy theory. It's meant to spark imagination. "hmm, what would happen if we had another sun, etc..." Sorry, just not sure where you're coming from.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I actually posted something on this in this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The points I brought up were that:

1, RTGs use nuclear fuel that is not suitable for nuclear fission, much less a very high energy reaction.

2, After several years in operation, the nuclear fuel in the RTGs would be significantly decayed and would be even less likely to react in any significantly energetic way.

3, The RTG unit is designed specifically to protect the fuel core from breach in the event of an explosion or crash.

4, Even if the RTG was structurally compromised, and contained appropriately high level nuclear fuel to support a high energy reaction, the fuel pellets are not laid out in the correct geometry to support a fissile reaction.

5, I would LOVE to hear a credible explaination of how less than 100 kilos of relatively low level nuclear fuel is going to trigger a nuclear reaction throughout the second largest, most massive object in the planet.

6, Even IF a fissile reaction of HUGE proportions were to occur, how would it trigger a fusion reaction? If the planet was massive enough to support a fusion reaction, it would have done so spontaneously.

7, Again, Even IF a fissile reaction of HUGE proportions were to occur, it would produce an insignificant amount of energy compared to the atmospheric storms circling the planet the size of numerous smaller planets.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Last time I heard, Jupiter would need ten times its current mass to produce sustainable fusion. At the very most 49.7 pounds of plutonium would probably produce a 1 megaton explosion. For a planet like Jupiter, that is less than a speck of dust colliding with you automobile. More bad science from people who know little about the subject.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Don't see what all the fuss is about... I mean this is NASA we are talking about.

They will hold off a shuttle launch for three hours if they see a flock of seagulls.

I don't think they would crash a space probe into a planet if they think it would cause harm.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
That's what I'm talking about. Of course, it's a bunch o BS. Just trying to start a discussion. But of course it was already posted.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Since you seem to like the more scientific approach thought you would like to check out this link. Not sure where you got your information from but here it is.

www.metaresearch.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Wow seven years and no posts. That kind of makes me depressed. I'm trying to research this since someone mentioned Cassini and it carrying a lot more plutonium than it needed.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
Wow seven years and no posts. That kind of makes me depressed. I'm trying to research this since someone mentioned Cassini and it carrying a lot more plutonium than it needed.

LOL It does 72 pounds of Plutonium''Its in other threads thats why its dead in here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I MADE a sun!! i am god! BUHAHAHA Woship my face!
or
lookit a new sun! wee!

one of those two is my outcry of makin a sun..

i didnt read alot past that.. i was convinced this was a bunch of.. badly smelling fecal matter.

i read a few posts after. i didnt change my thoughts.. why read the rest? and why this is on the first page.. maybe ill never know..
unless to further ridicule the first post..
hmm.. ill add to that!

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonrider

So according to you its okay to just drop radioactive plutonium onto the surface of other planets huh? It may not explode... but WHY?

Seems this is the 'new science' NASA kids smashing into comets, dropping plutonium laden spacecraft onto planets, now they are planning a new mission to the moon with the mission plan being a deliberated double crash... just to see what they can 'stir up' Their target? why the polar 'ice lake' they found in 1994

And Carl Sagan wanted to nuke the moon to see if there were any signs of life..

And we call this 'science'

:shk:

[edit on 31-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well apparently they did set off a major reaction in Jupiter and the next planet they are going after, with a lot more fissile material is Saturn. We'll know how that fares in a year or so. Of course most of us will find out by dying horribly, if it's true, but that is just a bonus side effect to our so called leaders.

Hoagland argues that the appearance of a dark splotch a month after Galileo's descent on September 21, 2003 is circumstantial evidence for a far reaching theory proposed by a Dutch engineer, Jacco Van der Worp, that Galileo's plutonium power rods would implode due to the high pressures deep inside Jupiter's atmosphere. The implosion would create a highly efficient fission bomb that could trigger a runaway fusion effect that would ignite Jupiter into a new sun.

www.exopolitics.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
this theory has more to it than some of you stated:

- yes the pellets are not big enough to achieve critical mass AT NORMAL PRESSURES/densities but at the enormous pressure involved in the depths of jupiter, the radioactive material undergoes a phase change (ie different crystal structure) into a much more dense material, with a much smaller critical mass...

- I have read (but not verified) calculations of the depth/pressure/time to sink to this depth within jupiter needed to achieve this phase change, and it coincidentally matches perfectly with the delay between the crash and the appearance of the anomolous spot

- jupiter is not large enough to achieve fusion ignition on its own BECAUSE it did not get hot enough while forming, not because theres not enough fuel at high enough pressure: ie things heat up when compressed. When matter (gasses) condense to form gas giants/stars the bigger they are, the more compression occurs and therefore the hotter they get. Fusion requires trigger temperatures of millions of degrees, obviously jupiter did not reach this temp HOWEVER

a fission reaction occuring deep enough within jupiter could possibly be under enough pressure and would definately reach high enough temperatures to start a fusion reaction within the nearby hydrogen of jupiter. I have no idea how much pressure is needed to make this self sustainable, but I would guess that there is probably high enough pressure in jupiter...

actual calculations by resident nuclear/astro physicist welcome

anyway it appears that this outlandish and supposedly outrageous prediction of galileo going critical possibly came true, while (luckily) not triggering off jupiter. I think that warrants at least a theoretical inspection rather than a cursory dismissal...

[edit off not of)

[edit on 2-11-2007 by diablomonic]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by diablomonic
this theory has more to it than some of you stated:

- yes the pellets are not big enough to achieve critical mass AT NORMAL PRESSURES/densities but at the enormous pressure involved in the depths of jupiter, the radioactive material undergoes a phase change (ie different crystal structure) into a much more dense material, with a much smaller critical mass...

Semi-true, whereever you got it from was being deceptive. The phase change is irrelevant to the critical mass. However, critical mass varies roughly as the inverse square of the density. So an A for effort but not correct. Whether or not you can reach criticality also depends on a lot of other things, and one is that you have to arrange the mass in such a way that it is in fact critical. Depending on the physical layout, the critical mass varies all over the place. In this case, you've got a lot of separate pellets, and no particular reason they will do anything but scatter to hell and gone when the RTG comes apart. When that happens, that's it for your critical mass.

- I have read (but not verified) calculations of the depth/pressure/time to sink to this depth within jupiter needed to achieve this phase change, and it coincidentally matches perfectly with the delay between the crash and the appearance of the anomolous spot

No doubt by Hoaxland.

- jupiter is not large enough to achieve fusion ignition on its own BECAUSE it did not get hot enough while forming, not because theres not enough fuel at high enough pressure: ie things heat up when compressed. When matter (gasses) condense to form gas giants/stars the bigger they are, the more compression occurs and therefore the hotter they get. Fusion requires trigger temperatures of millions of degrees, obviously jupiter did not reach this temp HOWEVER

Nope. It requires both temperature and pressure, and Jupiter doesn't have it. The problem here is that you have to have sufficient temperature to overcome the Coulomb barrier at a high enough rate, and you also have to have enough reactant present to keep the rate up. Without both, it will not ignite and stay ignited. And on Jupiter, you don't have the right isotopes of hydrogen for the reaction you get in a thermonuclear weapon. The Coulomb barrier is much much higher for H-H than for D-T, which you don't have any of on Jupiter to amount to anything.

a fission reaction occuring deep enough within jupiter could possibly be under enough pressure and would definately reach high enough temperatures to start a fusion reaction within the nearby hydrogen of jupiter.

Nope. A thermonuke uses a very complex process to get that to happen, and doesn't make it by very much. And that's D-T. You can't set off H-H with a fission weapon, not to mention you don't have that nuke compressing your hydrogen around another "mini-nuke" sparkplug that goes off inside it.

The question you should ask yourself is - how many Hiroshimas was the impact of Shoemaker-Levy? It hit with an amazing amount of energy.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam

thanks for the response

"The phase change is irrelevant to the critical mass. However, critical mass varies roughly as the inverse square of the density"

ie the phase change is ENTIRELY relevant to the critical mass as it affects the density...
"and one is that you have to arrange the mass in such a way that it is in fact critical"

as far as I remember reading the pellets themselves, in there separate extremely tough containers, had enough mass to got super critical after the phase change. having more of the pellets round just increased the likely hood that one would collapse due the phase change quick enough to actually have a half decent yield (which is related to how over critical it can get before exploding, which is related to how quick it collapses, as Im sure you already know)

Im gonna admit right here that, as I said, not having done the calculations or even studied this sort of stuff for a long while, you may be totally correct, however I do have some physics background (first year uni) and it sounded entirely plausible when I read it. Maybe I should just find the thing I was reading and you can point out the flaws

here it is "http://www.rinf.com/news/nov05/lucifer-project.html"

note that each "pellet" is self contained possible bomb according to this theory, therefore haveing lots of them just increases the likelyhood that one will trigger (and if one goes off, it is likely to set off nearby borderline ones as well I would think)

"It requires both temperature and pressure, and Jupiter doesn't have it."

well the temperature is provided by the fission blast, which can reach millions of degrees, and then kept up by the subsequent fusion reactions. As to pressure, I dont know whats required, but jupiters pressure reaches ~4000 GPa and this would obviously be raised considerably locally by the explosion.

I get the feeling this is not something that could be confirmed without simulation or very complex calculations to determine if the reaction proceded fast enough and pressure remained high enough to properly igninte.

"Nope. A thermonuke uses a very complex process to get that to happen, and doesn't make it by very much. And that's D-T. You can't set off H-H with a fission weapon"

not gonna call you wrong, because you may well be right, please show me a source for this though or your calculations.

"The question you should ask yourself is - how many Hiroshimas was the impact of Shoemaker-Levy? It hit with an amazing amount of energy."

irrelevant. whats relevant is whether the impact energy was concentrated enough at any place to achieve the required temperatures and pressures... which it obviously wasn't and that doesn't surprise me. Also that impact was to the outside of the planet, therefore the energy was mainly released in the upper atmosphere, where the pressure is not so high. These pellets sink quite deep to a point where the pressure may indeed be high enough to help sustain ignition (at least, its a lot more likely than at the surface)

on the page I linked, it is mentioned that:

2003 (July) Geographer, J.C. Goliathan publishes a report stating that a nuclear reaction is slightly possible if Galileo goes into Jupiter.

25 2003 (early Sept) Physicist, Jacco van der Worp publishes a report warning of what could happen if Galileo plunges into Jupiter citing Goliathan's report and actually crunching the numbers to prove it. Jacco sites the low probability, but believes the risk is high enough to warrant a warning.

I will try to find said documents as if they exist, Im sure they will help

note I had a look at the "bad astronomy debunk" of this and find it interesting that it does not debunk much at all! (because it is "debunking" misconceptions about the CT, the same way many 9/11 "debunk" sites do)
You have done a better job yourself! (and im still not convinced)

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Reminds me a bit of the 1950s (or was it 40s?) when some scientists thought nuclear tests would set off a chain reaction in Earth's atmosphere ......

Anyway, I guess when nothing happens we'll know the plan failed

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join