It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Visit Annoys California GOP at Fundraiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The fractures in the party are begining to show. Its interesting to me as my sources within the CA GOP indicate that conservatives have been quietly trying to consolodate thier power within the state machine. Trading favors to hold key positions etc.

So to have them irked at a Bush visit raises eyebrows.

Rumor has it that a pro life candidate may challange Arnold for the GOP nomination for governor.

LOS ANGELES - President Bush flew cross-country to help dedicate a new Air Force One exhibit at the Ronald Reagan presidential library, but his appearance at a GOP fundraiser while he was here irked top California Republicans.

They said Bush's appearance Thursday night at a $1 million Republican National Committee fundraiser was poorly timed because of the upcoming Nov. 8 special gubernatorial election.

"Unless President Bush is coming to California to hand over a check from the federal government to help us with the financial challenges we face, the visit seems ill-timed," said Karen Hanretty, a spokeswoman for the state Republican Party.
Bush In California

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Go figure.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret Fred since you're such a big western Republican.

(whispers) You're all really Democrats.

Not just a river in Egypt.

Reagan would be changing parties back if he were alive today.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Nah we don't cotton to them democrats

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Republicans, Democrats, same difference!

We have a two-party monopoly that's got to go. Everyone vote third party.

I jumped the GOP ship last year and voted Constitution Party.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

join