It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring Back Colbert!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm talking about the Daily show. The show isn't the same without Colbert! They other guys try to take his place, but they just don't have the pizazz. And Steven Colbert, you can't have your own show. When Jon Stewart started his, it was original and funny. Now just about anything new being made on Comedy Central seems unoriginal and contribed.

You can't make it on your own Colbert. Go back to Jon!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
His real name is Ted Hitler.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think he's still involved, it's really just the Daily Show is an hour format now with the last 30 minutes being a Stephen Colbert segment. At least that's one way to look at it. Not sure if there's any cross over writing though.

The only criticism really needs to go to how the new guys are playing it. Snarky, over confident, pomposity (totally made up) is earned over time. They should play more to the fumble right now with more interaction with Jon. Invert the paradigm a bit where Jon isn't necessarily always the everyman commentary. Let those guys earn their chops as identifiable people before they try being overboard; we need to hear their names more in the back and forth. My thoughts anyway.

But Colbert is on the right track. He's toned down the joke interviews to ask real questions over the last couple nights without losing the edge one bit. Another couple weeks and someone will find the show and think it's real. I love how pro-papa bear he acts. That screaming eagle graphic last night was killing me! I could have been watching Fox.

Plus he ended the show last night with commentary from the Internets and "I got your back."

He can read.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
lmao he has amuks back. I like the word segment, now u just need to get back in black his own show and you would make Comm eddy central the dominant news network.

Dont discount south park as a news source.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I think he's still involved, it's really just the Daily Show is an hour format now with the last 30 minutes being a Stephen Colbert segment. At least that's one way to look at it. Not sure if there's any cross over writing though.

But see, that's what they should have done in the first place! They should have just made the show an hour longer, and not done an entire half-hour colbert segment. What makes it worse is that his show is the same type of show as Jon Stewart's. It's like Jon's show, only not as funny.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You just don't "Get IT". Ted Hitler ROCKS !!!!

new topics

top topics

join