It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an ab crunch addict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am an enormous fan of ab crunches. I do 100 in the morning and 100 in the evening at least. It’s a great waker upper in the morning & a great relaxer in the evening. The dual nature of ab crunches is awesome. I can also feel the endorphins flowing and of course one looks great with fabulous strong flat abs. As a result, I’m a certified ab cruncher addict. Hehe.

People use to tell me I don't need to do so many but I knew I was ok & better for it. The article below is also in agreement with me.

To achieve a firm set of ab muscles, you need to be consistent with your stomach exercises. You can always finish your workout in the gym with a couple of different ab exercises. No matter how exhausted the rest of your body is, you can more then likely still train your abs in the end of the training session. Your ab muscles are the center of your body and constantly work to hold your whole body up hence their enormous strength.

This muscle group can handle a lot more then the other muscle groups and consequently need more repetitions to reach point of exhaustion. Four to five sets of 20-25 repetitions seem to be a more sufficient number to try to enforce when exercising your ab muscles.This muscle group can handle a lot more then the other muscle groups and consequently need more repetitions to reach point of exhaustion. Four to five sets of 20-25 repetitions seem to be a more sufficient number to try to enforce when exercising your ab muscles.

www.teamflex.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you're already in good shape and training for abs, I guess, but I've always heard if you're just working on your Shatner to never use weight or do more then one looooooooooooooong set on abs every day.

Otherwise you're building muscle, not trimming.

If you've seen the total freaks in the gym with hard bulbous ponchos you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My training is mostly resistance & cardio. Generally women don't need to worry to much about bulking up like a man. At most, you might get a mini sixpack. My abs don't bulge out. They are flat & hard.

Some women, although they may have flat abs, they are flabby. They certainly need some work to harden them up for strength.

First of all, getting big or putting a significant amount of muscle mass on takes time, genetics and heavy weight training. Women in general do not have the genetics to build large muscles and gaining muscle size.

The myths that you don't need to use resistance training in order to get firm and toned muscles is nothing but a myth. To get the muscle hard and tight you need to overload the muscle fibers with resistance greater then what the muscle is use to handle but still not as much as if you would to build muscle mass.

www.teamflex.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Is their a technique on how you do your crunches, before I did 50 in the morning 50 in the evening and the next day my back felt so ferked up and it wouldn't go away. Obviously I did something wrong but what?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It shouldn't hurt your back at all. There may be something wrong already with your spine though. If you can get to a gym or doc ask for the proper technique, showing is the best way, but more importantly find out what's up with your back. Ouch.

top topics

join