It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez says he has intelligence that America would invade his country very soon.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
To all those asking for evidence of Chavez Claims, I would like you to provide me with the evidence the US used to attack Afghanistan, Iraq and for what it seems, soon enough Syria. Unless you can provide me with all that shut the # up and do not criticize when people say they have evidence when the US itself cannot provide any either. At least Chavez is not bombing other countries for his own personal gains. All of you who blindly defend George Bush and the US without looking further than what is told to you are just a bunch of brain washed dummies. Patriotisms is not jumping when your president tells you to jump, patriotisms is doing what is right as a country and accepting the mistakes made. The US just keeps making big mistakes just because of dumbasses like you who allowed themselves to be brain washed to support the wealth increase of the Top US officials and the Bush family.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AJAG
To all those asking for evidence of Chavez Claims, I would like you to provide me with the evidence the US used to attack Afghanistan, Iraq and for what it seems, soon enough Syria. Unless you can provide me with all that shut the # up and do not criticize when people say they have evidence when the US itself cannot provide any either. At least Chavez is not bombing other countries for his own personal gains. All of you who blindly defend George Bush and the US without looking further than what is told to you are just a bunch of brain washed dummies. Patriotisms is not jumping when your president tells you to jump, patriotisms is doing what is right as a country and accepting the mistakes made. The US just keeps making big mistakes just because of dumbasses like you who allowed themselves to be brain washed to support the wealth increase of the Top US officials and the Bush family.

Aight first of all here, your tone, the bad words, and your insults will likely not get you far on this board. And I say that only because you are a newer, less experienced member. Please try to express your opinion without insults and personal attacks, thanks.

I wanted to point out to you that evidence for the case in Iraq had been building for many years even before the Bush's took office. Satellite photo evidence showed, as mentioned in a recent speech given by Powell's right hand man, that Saddam was clearly devoting much of his intelligence to hiding certain weapons, and just in time before inspectors arrived. He saw this happen on numerous occasions that Saddam would attempt, and mostly successfully, to relocate sensitive weapons to avoid being busted by the IAEA.

After so many years of this, and with the UN and IAEA tied up in lockdown over the issue, it was time to do something about it, seeing no one else on the planet would have the resolve to do so.

Intelligence in itself is a sensitive issue, because to divulge specific intelligence may help to uncover the source of such, which of course would not be favorable to maintaing the subsequent flow of it from that source. It's one thing to have a case of many many years of mounting intelligence that points to a specific weapons issue like in Iraq, but it's another thing for something like this where Chavez has come out of nowhere to announce such an accusation with no presented evidence other than claiming he has some.

Isn't it a known fact that militaries are tasked with being prepared for any possible necessity? Some have claimed, for instance, the US military gathers and formulates intelligence and contingency planning for virtually every part of the world. So if Chavez has acquired some kind of evidence in that regard, which he may have, it is possible he is just conveniently twisting that contingency planning into an overt, outright propaganda tool. Which is exactly what this smells like, to me.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by TrueAmerican]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join