It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez says he has intelligence that America would invade his country very soon.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
anybody ever see the movie "the mouse that roared?" thats what this sounds like to me.

there is alot of anti-american sentiment out there these days, and he is just capitalizing on as much of it as he can to solidify power. nothing more.

if he was serious, he would institute an oil embargo against us...and i dont see that happening anytime soon, so i think the best course of action is too just ignore him and let him have his 5 minutes of fame.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku
God there are too many American nuts here…George Bush isn’t very smart too…he’s a coke head, a drunk, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, only got into some of the top universities in America because of his daddy, practically drove every company he has ever ran into the ground, and started into an illegal war which he can not win. Not to mention his family has NAZI ties.

I read somewhere that Bush had an IQ of 125. He's not a genius, but he certainly doesn't fall into the "isn't very smart" catagory.

How can you call him a drunk and a coke head? You've never met the guy in your life. You base that on a single alleged event and some hard drinking he did over a decade ago. Sorry man, but just because some one drank a lot in their past doesn't make them a drunk now.

If you studied Economics, US policy and their influence in the World Trade Organization, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, you would see how their policies affect and bankrupt many countries, destroys the environment, and increases poverty around the world, and maybe some of you guys wouldn’t be such biased uneducated retards.

As if you are not biased against the US?

Sure, the US is not perfect - no country ever has been or ever will be.

As for studying economics and the like, I'd wager I have "studied" it more then you, in far more depth then you, and have been educated by far more knowledgeable people then your self.

Basically, labeling every American who dissagrees with you as a biased uneducated retard makes you, well, a retard.

I’m don’t condone killings of innocent people, or attacks, like how the World trade centers were destroyed and part of the pentagon, however, since the US kills innocent people around the world and manages to convince dumb Americans its always been for “freedom”, I don’t feel bad at all that you guys got attacked. Get ready cause this stuff is going to happen allot more to you guys.

So you feel we "deserved it"?

You are sick, absolutely sick.

I guarantee if you tried to INVADE Venezuela, or Iran, you would have a problem with Russia, India, and China at the least, and would eventually result in a war in which the US would be defeated.

Oh yes, because Russia, China, and India really want a strategic thermo nuclear war with the US.

And you are calling Americans uneducated?

Think this one through sparky - the US isn't the only nation with power hungry politicians. Why would any leader of those countries want THEIR base of wealth and power destroyed over a country like Venezuela? You think they want to risk their own lives, the lives of their families and friends over Chavez?

And I know all you nuts are going to be like ”no way man, were number one dude, cowabunga!” But let me make it clear…any country/empire in the history of time that has ruled the world has eventually fallen, ALL OF THEM. The US will meet it fate within this century, no doubt.

You are very correct to say the US will not last for ever. And there is the very real chance we could not last the century. More likely though, the US will be around as a super power (maybe not at it's current state of supremecy, but certainly one of the top 3) for at least another century, and likely a few more after that. We have everything needed for a prolonged seat at the top:

Large population
Large natural resources
Large technology base
Large technology lead over rivals
Large lead in national strategic intrests over rivals

But then again, you don't want to see this, you just want to hear how evil the US is, and how it will fall.

Hating on America is the cool thing to do, eh? Cowabunga!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
well American Mad Man....

How can you call him a drunk and a coke head?

I read somewhere that Bush had an IQ of 125. He's not a genius, but he certainly doesn't fall into the "isn't very smart" catagory.

When you get have a C average in University and you can still get into Harvard, I think that’s just plain wrong. He’s not very smart at all. You are a retard for thinking he’s smart. The guy gets planted questions all the time and he can’t even answer them properly at all. His family has NAZI ties. I like how you didn’t rebuff that at all. Sounds to me like you have some strong NAZI beliefs also.

He was a Cokehead and a Drunk. I know he’s not very intelligent at all if he was driving drunk. Could have killed a little kid or even himself. I have a friend that is brilliant and is in Bio-Chemical engineering on a full scholarship and even though she always has a beer in her hand, she would never drink and drive cause she’s intelligent. I know American standards are low, but you hillbilly rednecks will say anything to defend these loser retards that you call your president. Why don’t you just bring back slavery? That’s what your country was founded on but you guys like to sweep that sort of thing under the rug. You guys like twisting the truth of a lot of things, maybe that’s why you guys always say that we didn’t beat your asses in the war of 1812 when we burned your White House down and you guys ran like pussies. That’s right, we kicked your Asses.

As for studying economics and the like, I'd wager I have "studied" it more then you, in far more depth then you, and have been educated by far more knowledgeable people then your self.

Haha nice one…actually I’m in my last year of double honors in Mathematics-Science and Economics-Business degrees. Next fall I will be attending either McGill or University of Toronto for my masters in Economics and then PhD. So you see, as I have to do extensive research and have been taught by many world-renowned economists that hail from, McGill, Ottawa, Toronto, Queen’s, UBC, Harvard, Princeton, MIT, University of Paris, just to name a few, and some of my Profs have also included Nobel Laureates, I think my Credentials are above yours, dude.

So you feel we "deserved it"?

You are sick, absolutely sick.

I feel for the innocent people that died, not for America being attacked and being brought to their knees. And yes for all the innocent killings that America has done over the years, you guys got what was coming to you.

Oh yes, because Russia, China, and India really want a strategic thermo nuclear war with the US.

No one wants one but it’s going to happen eventually. Why all the weapons accumulation? Think about that one, hillbilly. Russia, India, and China have all said that if you meddled in any of their territories, they would use their “resources” if they had too, like the US would have and HAS before. With all the oil and natural gas Iran and Venezuela have, and the contracts they have with them, you won’t be allowed by them to invade and Steal their oil like you guys have in Iraq. If you tried, this would spark something greater that could lead to a nuclear war.

You are very correct to say the US will not last for ever. And there is the very real chance we could not last the century.

Well of course I’m right. US might be one of the superpowers, but you will also have the other Superpowers as former UN Secretary General Boutros Boutros Ghali said

“In the next 25 years, we will have new important states, among them new Superpowers India, China, Russia, USA and European Union.”

China, India and the US are expected to be the World’s 3 richest countries where the US will be 2nd or 3rd depending on how your currency will devalue and how India and China’s growth grows according to Goldman Sachs.

More likely though, the US will be around as a super power (maybe not at it's current state of supremecy, but certainly one of the top 3) for at least another century, and likely a few more after that.

I don’t think it will be centuries to come, you will eventually have a war so big and so destructive to your mainland, that it will take centuries to recover.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Darth Tinku]

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Darth Tinku]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku
When you get have a C average in University and you
can still get into Harvard, I think that’s just plain wrong.

Yale and Harvard disagree with you.
www.businessweek.com...

He’s not very smart at all.

He was capable of being a fighter pilot (which is difficult).
He was capable of making a 'C' average at Yale.
He was (and is) capable of keeping his Alchoholism
disease in remission.
He was capable of running major corporations.
He was capable of obtaining the White House and
not getting his back end impeached like Clinton did.
His IQ was tested at 125-130.
His SATs to get into college were at 1206 which
translates to 1280 by today's numbers.

'W's smarter than you. What does that make you??

www.vdare.com...

You are a retard for thinking he’s smart.

Oh .. now THAT's brilliant discussion if I ever heard it!

[edit on 10/23/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The man is a bonafied Castro-minime, and when taking power in the ways that he has, he should rightly be worried about being removed. In fact, I do not know a single dictator that has assumed power that did not worry about beijg removed in like manner. Paranoia runs rampant among such type people; Chavez is certainly no exception.

Could someone elxplain what is wrong with taking power by being elected?

en.wikipedia.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.cbc.ca...

Or was this another case of mistaken dictator caused by the Biased media consumed?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Because people like you ArchAngel biasly ignore their, such as 'Castro-minime' Chavez, beginnings in pursuit of that power or initially taking that power. Hitler was put in prison for seeking power by illegial means, as was Chavez, then was later elected, just as Chavez, too.
From your own wiki-linked source:

Responding to this unrest, Hugo Chávez led associates from the MBR-200 in launching a coup d'état against Pérez on February 4, 1992. Chávez justified this coup by citing the discontent triggered by Pérez. The coup was foiled, and Chávez was forced to call upon his fellow conspirators to stand down.[21] While he did so, Chávez famously quipped that he had only failed por ahora — "for now". A second coup attempt in November 1992 — while Chávez was still in prison — also failed.

As such, you are aware of what a coup d'état is, how it is achieved, and how it is normally initiated and/or brought about?

Elected is a semantic metaphor, especially among many of you anti-Bush people, eh?

seekerof

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
From your own wiki-linked source:

Responding to this unrest, Hugo Chávez led associates from the MBR-200 in launching a coup d'état against Pérez on February 4, 1992. Chávez justified this coup by citing the discontent triggered by Pérez. The coup was foiled, and Chávez was forced to call upon his fellow conspirators to stand down.[21] While he did so, Chávez famously quipped that he had only failed por ahora — "for now". A second coup attempt in November 1992 — while Chávez was still in prison — also failed.

As such, you are aware of what a coup d'état is, how it is achieved, and how it is normally initiated and/or brought about?

Elected is a semantic metaphor, especially among many of you anti-Bush people, eh?

As your quote shows the attempted Coups failed.

As I said Chavez was elected.

He did not take power in a coup.

You should read what you paste before you write your commentary.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Denial-mode suits you oh so well, ArchAngel.

Your interpretation skills are awe-inspiring lacking!
You say:

As your quote shows the attempted Coups failed.

As I said Chavez was elected.

He did not take power in a coup.

No DUH!

Here is what I said:

....beginnings in pursuit of that power or initially taking that power.

Hello!?
Its not necessarily how the power was obtained but the methods utilized to acquire that power initially [ie: their path to political power], hence my historical Hitler analogy, indicating the Path to Political Power by Hitler. As mentioned, Hitler sought power through illegial means. failed, was imprisoned, then sought power by legal means, just as 'Castro-minime' Chavez did/has.

Again, Chavez being elected legally is a semantic metaphor in comparison to many of you who said that Bush's being elected was bogus and done through vote and voter manipulation, ArchAngel.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Denial-mode such you oh so well, ArchAngel.

The denial is your own. Lets look again at what you said.

The man is a bonafied Castro-minime, and when taking power in the ways that he has, he should rightly be worried about being removed. In fact, I do not know a single dictator that has assumed power that did not worry about beijg removed in like manner.

You were implying that he took power in less than a legal, constitutional method.

Chavez was elected more than once, and it was all legal, and constitutional.

Denialists like you must be checked up on since the tendency to confuse issues causes mis-information to be spread much the same way the media spreads their lies with countless half-truths, and mixed words.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can school you all day long on what denial and "denialists" have in common.
I can also school you all day long on what mis-information is and how it is spread by propaganda tools, such as yourself.

Chavez is an elected chump.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Here is what I said:

....beginnings in pursuit of that power or initially taking that power.

You said that AFTER my initial reply.

How could I respond to what you had yet to write????

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I can school you all day long on what denial and "denialists" have in common.
I can also school you all day long on what mis-information is and how it is spread by propaganda tools, such as yourself.

Chavez is an elected chump.

It would seem I have schooled you in interpreting your own words, and understanding the timeline of your poor attempt at deception.

Twice in this thread you were caught misrepresenting the truth.

Seekerofignorance

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Time to cease the self congratulatory, and "my post is bigger than your post" drivel and get back on topic.

Remember this?

Other Current Events » Chavez says he has intelligence that America would invade his country very soon. »

Please post on topic and within the Terms & Conditions Of Use.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This Chavez guys seems to sing a similar tune to what Castro did/ still does when it comes to talking about the government in America. Personally I believe this is for more political gain, via sympathy, pity, and anger, all to side with Chavez so he can remain in control. How else is he going to keep the people on his side? What has he done for them when it comes to jobs, free enterprise, a booming economy? All he can do is toy w/ their emotions to gain support to further his own agenda and line his pockets at the same time.

Rich.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
LOL! Stalin also had intel that the Western Zionist Jewish Banking Capitalist were planning to overthrow his country at any point, so he needed the KGB to round up people throughout the country any 'make' them confess to their plots. Shortly after being beaten and tortured, they would sign confessions, be dragged out behind the building and subsequently shot.

He and Lenin also believed the ARA was planning to overthrow the newly formed Soviet Union back in 1921 when the ARA was feeding Stalin and Lenin's people by the millions (also known as the Russian Famine of 1921). Stalin thought the ARA would hold out the food in Czechloslavakia and force the people to overthrow the government so the ARA would feed them. Of course Stalin ordered the American's out and promised to feed his people. As a result millions starved to death. He ended up making up a story that the kulaks, Ukrainian peasants, were wealthier than all the other peasants because they sided with these Western Jews. As a result over 100k kulaks were either hung or murdered in another fashion. The ARA's enolvement was actually a god send to Stalin and Lenin.

Looking at history, I think we need to play along with Chavez's remarks and reveal secret classified documents stating that Pat Robertson is actually a CIA agent ordered to conduct an EO violation and assisinate Chavez. Maybe this'll make Chavez shut up.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just wait and see... I believe Chavez is 100% right. Of course, this reaching the media might give the CIA nerves and need for rescheduling, but seeing the fact that The United States are quite "poor" economically, we can expect many more invations over oil, disguised as "freedom interaction". Just like Iraq etc. Wouldn't be surprised if suddenly some "Venezuelan terrorist group" (paid by the US govt) would threaten the United States sometime soon, thus giving the Bushman an official "excuse" to engage...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
Just wait and see... I believe Chavez is 100% right.

yes lets wait and see shall we

Of course, this reaching the media might give the CIA nerves and need for rescheduling, but seeing the fact that The United States are quite "poor" economically, we can expect many more invations over oil, disguised as "freedom interaction".

we we dealth with North Korea, would dat be related to oil as well? and wat u mean by poor economically?

Just like Iraq etc. Wouldn't be surprised if suddenly some "Venezuelan terrorist group" (paid by the US govt) would threaten the United States sometime soon, thus giving the Bushman an official "excuse" to engage...
only Iraq? how about Afghanistan? i guess since Norway invaded with the U.S. it must be about oil as well since some people say dat Afghanistan was invaded for the oil pipeline. naughty Norway.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
Just wait and see... I believe Chavez is 100% right. Of course, this reaching the media might give the CIA nerves and need for rescheduling, but seeing the fact that The United States are quite "poor" economically, we can expect many more invations over oil, disguised as "freedom interaction". Just like Iraq etc. Wouldn't be surprised if suddenly some "Venezuelan terrorist group" (paid by the US govt) would threaten the United States sometime soon, thus giving the Bushman an official "excuse" to engage...

War over Iraq was an issue of UN 687 and WMD's, not freedom. You are spreading misinformation to yourself. And the US is not poor. A Venezuelan terrorist group wouldn't be enough to start a military campaign over. And George Bush denied Iraqi attmepts to offer America discounted oil.

Learn then speak, research then anaylize, don't just start typing away from your basement bunker.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I can picture this whole thing in my head. It would go like this. Pat Robertson tried to call Chavez to tell him something. The operator told Pat that he was too busy to talk to him. Then the operator relayed back to Chavez that she had a message. The message was that the US has a plan to invade Venezuela. I would tell Chavez to take a number. The CIA probably has a plan to invade all kinds of countries and over a hundred different war scenarios. Does someone expect the US to execute all their plans? I believe that is as crazy as believing this.

I believe people who create plans and scenarios just in case something happens belong to think tanks. It's just a method to prevent us from getting caught with our pants down with no plan at all. On the other hand though, if President Bush has intelligence that Chavez plans on invading Texas, Chavez might need to worry.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
On the other hand though, if President Bush has intelligence that Chavez plans on invading Texas, Chavez might need to worry.

why? mexico already has. if chavez wants texas from mexico, let him have it

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join