It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rennes-le-Château, what secrets did this small church hide? The mystery still persists, clues

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

as i mentioned, i have been following this theory since first reading about it in 96.

Only 96? that would make youretty "LATE MODEL" a veritable "babe in the woods"

And this is also why Baigent and Leigh are suing.
No they are sueing for money. This story was old when they plagerized it.

To get ( as Paul Harvey says) The rest of the story, you have to continue
after the last chapter , study the appendixes and more importantly .
The bibliography. rear the sources that they plagerized and those sources, sources.etc,etc,etc,.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

as i mentioned, i have been following this theory since first reading about it in 96.

Only 96? that would make youretty "LATE MODEL" a veritable "babe in the woods"

first of all wolf, dont forget to attribute the quotes to the correct individuals

posting work by others

second, how does my being relatively new to the topic (if you want to call ten years of reading and research 'new') make my opinions any less valid? kind of hypocritical, dont you think?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
how does my being relatively new to the topic (if you want to call ten years of reading and research 'new') make my opinions any less valid? kind of hypocritical, dont you think?

Stalkingwolf did not invalidate your opinions, or post anything hypocritical, imo. The view that one who has spent ten years at this is a 'babe in the woods', or any such label (greenhorn, rookie, apprentice), is a matter of perspective. I started in 1980, if I include my reading about phenomena such as the nature of intelligence, religious texts, ufo's, ghosts, the occult, magic, telekinesis, esp, and the afterlife, etc. In reference to the
specific subject of Rennes Le Chateaux, it was about 84/85. I know many who have decades more experience than I in this area, and to them I am a relative newcomer. It does not invalidate anything. I have shared many things with more experienced researchers which they did not know, and were happy to find out. The reverse has been far more common, of course.
The only thing which I see as a warning sign when I read someones views on this subject is the use of absolutes. When you say that this is all disproved, not that you feel it is, but that it 'is', period, that to me is a sign of inexperience. Nothing I can think of in this area of study is much more than probable, whereas much of it is speculation which lies somewhere between possible, through plausible, to probable. Claims that any of it is either one way or the other is beyond my ability to assert.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
To state uncatagorically that anything, any idea, or subject is a HOAX
is to me the height of arrogance and pomposity. Being as you mention Baigent
Lincoln and Leigh you might want to revisit the Introduction to their work
HBHG . In particular the part where they talk about their first introduction to this
story. It was a paperback bought in a giftshop to read on a long trip. one of many available at the time. much like the Penny Dreadfuls of the 19th century.

Second , as was proven many times during the late 19th and early 20th centuries many things called HOAXS and MYTHS are infact true at least inpart.
The giant squid and Gorillas come to mind.

Third, given the time period involved you are dealing with 2 of the oldest and most accomplished "Intelligence Agencies" ( now there is an oxymoron) in
history. The Royal Family of Europe and England ( they were all related),
and The RCC ( IMO the worlds most gargantuan hoax perpetrated by
if not the best one of the best Snake Oil Salesmen in history Saul of Tarsus).

Disinformation has been the stock in trade of both the RF and the RCC from the beginning. face it even the KGB couldnt tie the laces of the churches shoes.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It was a paperback bought in a giftshop to read on a long trip. one of many available at the time. much like the Penny Dreadfuls of the 19th century.

I'm curious, stalkingwolf...since my copy of HBHG has been borrowed...is the book you refer to Gerard de Sede's Le Tresor Maudit? In English, it translates to: 'The Accursed Treasure'.

If that is so, it should be pointed out that Lincoln began his investigation after reading it in the summer of 1969...almost 40 years ago. Leigh, interested in Templar history, meets Lincoln in 1975 and they begin discussing the Rennes-le-Chateau story. Leigh knows Baigent and makes contact to include him in the material. In this way, HBHG was begun.

Lincoln, by this time, has already completed the filming of The Lost Treasure of Jerusalem, a BBC documentary about Rennes-le-Chateau and Sauniere. This was initially aired in February 1972 and began the flood of interest. Another BBC documentary, which Lincoln was involved in, was The Priest, The Painter and the Devil. A third film, The Shadow of the Templars, directed by Roy Davies, also hit the screens via the BBC, and although Lincoln was asked to assist in its production, he rightly washed his hands of it entirely.

All the above happened before HBHG was begun, coming to the publishers in 1982...fully 13 years after Lincoln began his interest in what he called his 'life's work' by visiting Rennes-le-Chateau in 1969 and reading de Sede's book.

from Key to the Sacred Places by Henry Lincoln St Martins Press ISBN0-312-21484-7

WHY?

We are confronting a mystery. The structured landscape of Rennes-le-Chateau and its association with the English mile (as well as the apparent link with the dimensions of the Earth), are easily demonstrated, with a multitude of confirming instances. The measure and the geometry are evident. The patterns are repeatable. The designs are meaningful. All of this was created in a remote past, upon which the phenomenon is shedding a new light. The evidence therefore requires the serious attention of historians and archaeologists. But the confirmimg data lie mostly in a realm beyond their expertise and which they confess to finding difficult to accept.

On this matter, Professor Christopher Cornford commented: "Historians have no knowledge of geometry...and why should they? But if they were aware of the elegance and coherence of these geometric designs and still believed them to be the result of mere chance- then it would be necessary to accept a coincidence of such astronomical rarity as would, in itself, be an amazing wonder.'

Until historians and other experts turn their attention to these matters, the mystery will remain unexplained. I am aware that I will be expected, by some readers, to provide an explanation. There is a great yearning for 'proofs' of the existance of supernatural agencies at work among us or of global 'conspiracies' to keep us in ignorance of important facts. I do not share that yearning. Nor do I think that what I have discovered owes its creation to anything more than the ingenuity of homo sapiens. I do not know what led our ancestors to undertake the enormous labour which I have uncovered. That they did so is imlicit in the patterns and in the dimensions. In guise of explanation, I can make no more than a vague guess. Other people's guesses will have as much validity.

My 'guess' therefore is the rather undramatic one that we are confronting an elaborate and skilful exercise in mapping. Long before the invention of maps, human beings still had the need to travel from one place to another. To find their way across mountains and rivers, through forests and across empty moorlands. Beyond one's familiar home territory, a recognisable system of markers would have been a valuable asset. Such a system may, perhaps, have been marked by Standing Stones.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The ley lines, megalith sites' relative positions worldwide, and geomancy are all intriguing and ancient wonders.
It is an area I have read into somewhat. Michell, Cathie, Lincoln, and Munck, are all good authors to read on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I will have to get my copy of HBHG down and check for sure. I know that
particular book is mentioned. 69 sounds about right for timeframe.

I will try and check after work today.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

And this is also why Baigent and Leigh are suing.
No they are sueing for money. This story was old when they plagerized it.

The NZ story about the Baigent and Leigh legal action can be seen here...

Nelson-born Michael Baigent and American writing partner Richard Leigh are suing Random House Group in Britain, claiming damages that could run to millions of dollars.

The Da Vinci Code joined the New York Times bestseller list at No 1 and has sold more than 12 million copies internationally.

Before the lucrative Christmas sales week it had sold about 100,000 here and remains at No 1 on the local bestseller list.

It has reportedly earned Brown £140 million ($380 million) and is about to be turned into a Hollywood movie starring Tom Hanks.

But Baigent and Leigh, whose own 1982 work Holy Blood, Holy Grail caused such religious outrage when it was published that it sparked death threats, say Brown has lifted large tracts of their research without permission.

Their lawsuit claims at least £150,000 damages for breach of copyright, saying a "substantial" amount of their work has been used and asking that copies of The Da Vinci Code be destroyed.

Baigent told the Weekend Herald the United Kingdom lawsuit meant he could not talk about the case, or which parts of The Da Vinci Code he and Leigh say amount to plagiarism.

"All I can tell you is that we are suing Dan Brown for theft of intellectual property.

Good for them...I hope they soak it up. The thing that is really interesting to me is the fact that Lincoln seems to be keeping out of it.

I'm just speculating here, but, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Lincoln's continuing research has gone in a completely different direction...away from Christian speculations and onto pagan megalithic structures in relation to those heretical Templars and their architecture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join